• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• lola4789

• Cqmerqn

• Something

How many times has she delayed this?

I keep forgetting this album is coming out but every time I remember it’s cause I see news of it being delayed :rip:

honestly im not that mad bc at least it’s just 2 weeks and April is DEAD for new releases :deadbanana2:

Ok the bright side the #1 album is on lock.

And I can stream Lana's album without feeling guilty now that I think of it. :eatpopcorn:

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Ghost said:

It's just two weeks later... What's the fuss about :rip:

Because the album was originally supposed to release on February 3 and this second delay is obviously not because of production issues 

I just saw the video of her saying that's is going out on April 7th :jonny3: 

This is a damn joke at this point ! Everything is ready and as you all said, the digital version can be put out right now...  no matter what it's done for this album...  

The previous album was already made with recycle materials so her team was aware of the timeframe for productions ... 

As I wrote on my blog, I think it's definitely her last album with Polydor. I really think that she will go indie then (for the better I hope) 

https://the-melting-pop.blogspot.com/2023/02/ellie-goulding-leak-conflits-et-si.html 

It's crazy to think a decade ago her and Carly Rae Jepsen had two of the biggest songs on the Hot 100 together and Ellie went on to have more mainstream success while Carly did not. And in 2015 Delirium did better than Emotion commercially. But Emotion ironically saved Carly's career because she got the niche following and critical acclaim that allowed her to continue releasing music without much issue. Delirium had some commerical success which meant that her label was expecting her to continue with hit after hit. These label interferences have been hell as a result because they keep thinking "We need a hit. We need a hit. We need a hit"

Ellie is 36. Her hit eras are done. They needed to go the Carly Rae or Charli XCX route if they wanted to release easily with the best chance for profit. 

5 minutes ago, Cqmerqn said:

Is there a chance that it could genuinely be due to production issues?

What production issue would exist now compared to when they originally delayed it? Production of bullshit is the only thing going on here.

Is this due to that basic sounding collaboration with Calvin Harris? :skull:

8 minutes ago, Cqmerqn said:

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

It's crazy to think a decade ago her and Carly Rae Jepsen had two of the biggest songs on the Hot 100 together and Ellie went on to have more mainstream success while Carly did not. And in 2015 Delirium did better than Emotion commercially. But Emotion ironically saved Carly's career because she got the niche following and critical acclaim that allowed her to continue releasing music without much issue. Delirium had some commerical success which meant that her label was expecting her to continue with hit after hit. These label interferences have been hell as a result because they keep thinking "We need a hit. We need a hit. We need a hit"

Ellie is 36. Her hit eras are done. They needed to go the Carly Rae or Charli XCX route if they wanted to release easily with the best chance for profit. 

Well technically miracle is gonna be another hit (pls no jinxing)

And close to me, sixteen and hate me smashed 

5 minutes ago, P!nk said:

Is this due to that basic sounding collaboration with Calvin Harris? :skull:

The original delay was caused by that collab, so it can’t be that this time around. 

If she still somehow doesn't get #1 :skull:

• ATRL Moderator

I really hope a major artist announces an album for the newest date

31 minutes ago, Cqmerqn said:

Absolutely not. That reasoning is such BS.

I am so disappointed.

I had no idea she was even releasing an album until the banner, she's made no noise.

1613294941_lisabarlow2.thumb.gif.9da8d4d