Demi failed to sell out a 1.9k venue?

Britney Spears

According to the Holy **** Tour wiki page, Demi's first US date failed to sell out, despite the venue capacity being 1963

September 22, 2022 Wheatland United States Hard Rock Live Sacramento Dead Sara 1,901 / 1,963 $140,523

Are the numbers correct? I can't believe Demi has fallen this much. Her South American dates' numbers look decent for her standards, has she become that much irrelevant in the US?

Edited by Britney Spears

Her South American dates numbers aren't good for her old standards too to be honest, at least not here in Brazil, she's used to be way bigger. At one point she was the bigger ex-act here (when she was even so-called "only brazil" on stan wars :laugh:), but that's not a thing anymore. 

Demi needs a top 40 Stable WW Hit to revive at least a little bit her star power. I don't think she'll ever be 2017 Demi anymore (her "peak"), but her numbers really are abysmal in everything right now (sales, streaming, tour dates and even social media) so any charting song could help her. 

I cheer for it to happen, despite all of the stan wars i like my generation and i cheer for all of them to have active successful careers. 

Edited by Selegend

10 minutes ago, Selegend said:

Her South American dates numbers aren't good for her old standards too to be honest, at least not here in Brazil, she's used to be way bigger. At one point she was the bigger ex-act here (when she was even so-called "only brazil" on stan wars :laugh:), but that's not a thing anymore. 

Demi needs a top 40 Stable WW Hit to revive at least a little bit her star power. I don't think she'll ever be 2017 Demi anymore (her "peak"), but her numbers really are abysmal in everything right now (sales, streaming, tour dates and even social media) so any charting song could help her. 

I cheer for it to happen, despite all of the stan wars i like my generation and i cheer for all of them to have active successful careers. 

She's too narcissistic to serve faceless bops but that's the right way 

Edited by Selenasworld

Chile information is wrong. Movistar Arena has a 17.000 people's capacity and she barely sold 8.000 tickets (I know the capacity was reduced but still, pretty sure it didn't even sell that).

This to me looks like a 97% attendance rate, ma'am. I don't see the problem.

trisha-paytas-funny.gif

2 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Not Britney Spears keeping track of Demi Lovato's sales :eli:

Let me just sip my tea and let ha keep track of me

this is a 3k city so the numbers are fine,at least she is not spinning around in a room

I think it's a combination of not having any major hits in the past 5+ years, not having had big hit during her prime (only minor hits, she never had a MASSIVE song) AND the fact she's become extremely unlikable in recent years.

When she first sang "Anyone" at the GRAMMYs, she had everyone on her side and she could have had a huge resurgence, but then the pandemic happened, her failed engagement, the froyo controversy, her weird show about aliens, the mess with pronouns, her show with predator Alok, etc.

It's just too much for the GP to stomach, and she didn't have a HUGE fan base like other acts so she does need the help of the GP to sell out venues and have good commercial performance. The performance of her last album has been ABYSMAL.

There's hope for her, but she needs to go away for a few years, then come back with strong material that reflects an EVOLUTION both in lyrics and music. The same pop rock with lyrics about her struggles won't cut it anymore. You can only recreate Skyscraper so many times and in so many different genres...

Edited by NausAllien

She should be playing froyo shops for like 30 people. 

Her team couldnt find ppl to buy that small amount of tickets?

not you harping on 62 unsold tickets lmao. this date still grossed 150K in one night (more than most people salary in a year) at one of the smallest venues of this tour (north america leg). everything has been 95%+ sold out in north america so far.

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Chile information is wrong. Movistar Arena has a 17.000 people's capacity and she barely sold 8.000 tickets (I know the capacity was reduced but still, pretty sure it didn't even sell that).

None of this information is wrong, they reduced the capacity.

8,663/ 8,663

$583,605

Latin American leg made 500K on average a night, and y'all called it a flop, yet it was similar to how Demi's tour dates did from 2012/2014/2017 during Demi's so called peak. Very stable for a whole decade later.

Edited by Freakshowvato

On a serious note, is 62 tickets not being sold seriously considered not selling out a venue. That is ridiculous.

57 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Not Britney Spears keeping track of Demi Lovato's sales :eli:

She stays obsessed with these poc latin girls

Erreur2 La Nature

Demi has no brand anymore, she had a lot of momentum in 2017-2018 and managed to elevate her career and grow her fanbase beyond her devoted lovatics but her identity struggles, antics and public controversies have turned off A LOT of pop music fans. It’s a shame honestly

32 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

None of this information is wrong, they reduced the capacity.

8,663/ 8,663

$583,605

Latin American leg made 500K on average a night, and y'all called it a flop, yet it was similar to how Demi's tour dates did from 2012/2014/2017 during Demi's so called peak. Very stable for a whole decade later.

Really? I didn't know. I bought tickets for her 2018 tour but it got cancelled (you probably know why). Didn't know that has mantained the average earnings from her older tours.

Edited by Roberto

1 hour ago, Selenasworld said:

She's too narcissistic to serve faceless bops but that's the right way 

Faceless bops like No Promises and Solo are the right way :johnald:

30 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

On a serious note, is 62 tickets not being sold seriously considered not selling out a venue. That is ridiculous.

Well, yeah, it shows there's no demand. Maybe with lower prices they could have been sold but that would have been at expense of Demi's profits

1 hour ago, blueberries said:

this is a 3k city so the numbers are fine,at least she is not spinning around in a room

Why did this take me out :ahh: 

OT: yes Demi is a flop now wbk, but the tour is excellent and the album is great so.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.