Terrorist attack outside queer bar in Slovakia - 2 dead

John Slayne

A neonazi terrorist killed two people and injured one more person during a shooting in Bratislava last night

Before he attacked he posted his manifesto on twitter where he detailed his antisemitic, homophobic, and misogynistic beliefs

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63239523.amp?fbclid=IwAR2aRRsEa_6O3xxPneVvmtdUvGNoAVLaVWr4EuMjA80nreSbZm7TTNXqmDs

I don't know the victims personally but we share mutual friends, so this really hurts...

I blame conservatives, Catholics, and politicians who have spent the last decade doing nothing but spreading hate about the queer community, going as far as saying that gay people are worse than murderers in parliament and on TV. This is their doing and one day they will be held accountable.

Absolutely horrifying :mazen: RIP to the victims. 

This is horrible, so sad for the victims and their families, I hope they find peace. As for the monster responsible I hope he burns in hell.

36 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

A neonazi terrorist killed two people and injured one more person during a shooting in Bratislava last night

Before he attacked he posted his manifesto on twitter where he detailed his antisemitic, homophobic, and misogynistic beliefs

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63239523.amp?fbclid=IwAR2aRRsEa_6O3xxPneVvmtdUvGNoAVLaVWr4EuMjA80nreSbZm7TTNXqmDs

I don't know the victims personally but we share mutual friends, so this really hurts...

I blame conservatives, Catholics, and politicians who have spent the last decade doing nothing but spreading hate about the queer community, going as far as saying that gay people are worse than murderers in parliament and on TV. This is their doing and one day they will be held accountable.

When do you think this will happen :rip: definitely not in our lifetime

Was it a gay bar? Or an "LGBT bar"? I've never personally seen a bar call themselves "LGBT". Usually it's either gay or in rare occasions lesbian.

Can all homophobes go to h*ll already?

On 10/13/2022 at 10:39 PM, Protocol said:

Was it a gay bar? Or an "LGBT bar"? I've never personally seen a bar call themselves "LGBT". Usually it's either gay or in rare occasions lesbian.

idk where you live but in Europe it's rare to see a gay bar being focused on gay men only. they usually host events for the entire community and it's quite common to meet people of all kinds of identities when you go to a gay bar.

i have been to this particular bar and it is a safe space for all queer people, it's not specifically for gay men. in fact, the waitress that was injured was a girl and the other two victims were a bisexual man and a nonbinary person - so no gay men were present. 

On 10/13/2022 at 10:39 PM, Protocol said:

Weird how this was your takeaway from this story ngl

OT: How horrible, homophobia is truly a disease

Sad to see this thread only has 9 replies, I wonder if the fact that the person behind this terrorist attack isn't from the ethnic/religious demographics white racist ATRLers obsess over has something to do with the lack of interest in this tragedy.

I hope the local queer community, victims and their families find peace and also strength to fight back. Neonazi scums deserve nothing but the worst in life.

Edited by Scars

On 10/16/2022 at 1:40 PM, Scars said:

Sad to see this thread only has 9 replies, I wonder if the fact that the person behind this terrorist attack isn't from the ethnic/religious demographics white racist ATRLers obsess over has something to do with the lack of interest in this tragedy.

Maybe, but one of my first thoughts was "glad it was only 2". Like, that's where I think a lot of people are. We've become so numb to this kind of news, myself included.

So sad for the victims and their friends / families. I already see this story not getting much attention in general :/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.