M.I.A: Vaccines as bad as Alex Jones

MaxxiPad

She's talentless anyways and hasn't made a good song in over a decade. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonPill

• Headlock

• flower moon

• Kamil24

thank god she hasn't made good music in over 5 years cuz holy **** she is dumb as hell

9 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

Just what I could find with 60 seconds of browsing. To be clear, I am pro-vaccine and think it saved many lives. But the idea of anyone still pretending that public health and government officials were not caught spreading false information and intentional lies many times throughout the pandemic... :deadbanana4:

“You’re not gonna get COVID if you have these vaccinations.” - President Biden

“When people get vaccinated, they can feel safe that they’re not going to get infected.” - Anthony Fauci

Vaccinated people do not carry the virus and don’t get sick.” - CDC Director Rochelle Walensky

"Now we know that the virus stops with every vaccinated person. A vaccinated gets exposed to the virus, the virus cannot infect them. The virus cannot use that person to go anywhere else." - Rachel Maddow

The way I knew you were going to post quotes like this. You realize a lie has to be intentional right? At the time these statements were made we didn't have the variants that evaded the vaccines. Before delta and omicron, these statements were true. :deadbanana2:

The way these celebrities disappoint me time and time again

4 hours ago, Otter said:

There was never any claimed data on the vaccine cutting transmission, only on it preventing infection. But if you prevent infection then you quite literally cut transmission, because can some transmit the virus if they don't have it? The Internet is filled will people desperate to be proven right about the whole thing being a conspiracy so people leave their thinking caps at home lol

It doesn't prevent infection either. Back then, I argued that as young and healthy I was fine with just getting Covid, but was told I need to get the vaccine to protect others that are immunocompromised - which ended up being a lie as it had not even been tested for that. I was forced to get 2 shots to keep my job (despite living alone and working from home only), and I have had side effects from the vaccine lasting for almost a year. So yes I'm mad at the manipulation and lies told to make me get it. 

18 minutes ago, Kamil24 said:

It doesn't prevent infection either. Back then, I argued that as young and healthy I was fine with just getting Covid, but was told I need to get the vaccine to protect others that are immunocompromised - which ended up being a lie as it had not even been tested for that. I was forced to get 2 shots to keep my job (despite living alone and working from home only), and I have had side effects from the vaccine lasting for almost a year. So yes I'm mad at the manipulation and lies told to make me get it. 

It does prevent infection but it doesn't prevent all infection. The efficacy of it was never reported as 100%. Against the oG virus it was 85-95

The effectiveness has gone down with subsequent variants with it not being very effect against omicron except for severe illness.

This is a matter of science communication where the GP were operating on broad strokes of info which was actually very variable and changing in realtime. The vaccines objectively reduce the chance of catching covid so objectively reduce transmissions risks to the vulnerable... all of these are facts.

The principle of virus adaptions and immune escape is why we catch colds/flu yearly as opposed to only once in our life. But these things could of been explained better to the GP.

I'm sorry you suffered side effects, this is one of the unfortunate realities of widely adopted drugs/medicines and its why people should never be mandated to take any form of medical intervention, and people should always be reminded that is never a 100% guarantee, just as there isn't for over the counter drugs like birth control, pain killers etc

Edited by Otter

11 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

Just what I could find with 60 seconds of browsing. To be clear, I am pro-vaccine and think it saved many lives. But the idea of anyone still pretending that public health and government officials were not caught spreading false information and intentional lies many times throughout the pandemic... :deadbanana4:

“You’re not gonna get COVID if you have these vaccinations.” - President Biden

“When people get vaccinated, they can feel safe that they’re not going to get infected.” - Anthony Fauci

Vaccinated people do not carry the virus and don’t get sick.” - CDC Director Rochelle Walensky

"Now we know that the virus stops with every vaccinated person. A vaccinated gets exposed to the virus, the virus cannot infect them. The virus cannot use that person to go anywhere else." - Rachel Maddow

10 hours ago, Raver said:

A LOT of atrl'ers repeated these lies as facts, especially the one that vaccinated people could not transmit the virus  :bibliahh:

This is serving QAnon. :deadbanana4:

Misinformation is not *information that was medically accurate at the time it was said but changed as the virus unexpectedly mutated into more evasive variants*.

Literally none of the quoted statements are false. 

16 hours ago, flower moon said:

Bad music and worms for brains. She needs to log off for good and go touch some grass in a remote Sri Lankan village.

This post is giving "go back to your country" teas. It's not the serve you thought it was.....

14 hours ago, Headlock said:

Public health is not a private decision anti-vaxxer :heart:

14 hours ago, Headlock said:

I don’t know why I’m still surprised at people’s willingness to display their absolute stupidity and aggressive ignorance on the internet, especially about medical issues. The anti-vaxxers infecting this thread :deadbanana4:

This is why respectful, productive conversation on the internet is so challenging. We've become hard-wired to go into personal attack mode when we encounter another person who doesn't check all the same boxes of our own beliefs. Even though I'm fully pro-vaccine, I expressed an opinion that doesn't fully align with your worldview, so in your mind I'm "anti-vaxxer" "stupid" "ignorant" "infecting this thread."

Setting aside MIA's silly tweet, I hope we can all make an effort (me included) to appreciate the nuances in each other's comments and focus more on where we agree than where we disagree :heart: 

Edited by PoisonPill

5 hours ago, Puttanesca said:

The way I knew you were going to post quotes like this. You realize a lie has to be intentional right? At the time these statements were made we didn't have the variants that evaded the vaccines. Before delta and omicron, these statements were true. :deadbanana2:

I don't believe they were medically accurate at the time, it was just an assumption they were operating from. And giving them the benefit of the doubt, the better talking point to get the gp vaccinated was "you won't get the virus" as opposed to "the data is still unclear, but you won't be hospitalized and probably are less likely to transmit." 

Side note: Dr. Fauci has admitted, after the fact, that he did intentionally mislead the public at times because he thought it was the best strategy.

Edited by PoisonPill

4 hours ago, Communion said:

This is serving QAnon. :deadbanana4:

Misinformation is not *information that was medically accurate at the time it was said but changed as the virus unexpectedly mutated into more evasive variants*.

Literally none of the quoted statements are false. 

!!! Like I'm so frustrated by this talking point that's going around everywhere that we were lied to about vaccines & transmission. Like, when we were having that conversation it was true because we were still dealing with pre-Omicron variants! Then Omicron happened and changed the pandemic drastically. We have known literally since omicron emerged that the vaccines were not preventing its transmission, that's part of why it outcompeted the others so easily.

People are just so ******* braindead and can't remember back more than 2 seconds. Drives me nuts

She's always been an unbearable edgelord and her music is terrible 

I'd say cancel her. But she doesn't really have any carreer left to cancel. So... 

2 hours ago, St. Francis said:

This post is giving "go back to your country" teas. It's not the serve you thought it was.....

Except I didn't type that and you're not nearly dense enough to misconstrue what I posted. :bird:

i’m tired :monkey: not her out of all people… i mean i guess all her takes have always been pretty basic anti establishment / reactionary leftist statements but she literally turned to a conspiracy theory spreader i cant anymore lmao

release the basic bops, go for a spiritual retreat, read and come back with better music kween..

I'm glad her music has been **** for so long now that I don't care about her anymore.

5 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

Even though I'm fully pro-vaccine,

Others have already gathered your misinformation so I’ll leave it at that, but girl, this is literally the exact same thing as a person saying “I’m not homophobic, but…” :rip:

Stating you hold one stance while actively promoting the views of something else isn’t fooling anybody :deadbanana4:

5 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

I don't believe

Not you literally using the “source: trust me” argument now :rip:

22 hours ago, flower moon said:

Bad music and worms for brains. She needs to log off for good and go touch some grass in a remote Sri Lankan village.

the bigotry always seems to come out when someone disagrees with y'alls politics :biblio:

3 hours ago, Headlock said:

Others have already gathered your misinformation so I’ll leave it at that, but girl, this is literally the exact same thing as a person saying “I’m not homophobic, but…” :rip:

Stating you hold one stance while actively promoting the views of something else isn’t fooling anybody :deadbanana4:

So, that's not literally the exact same. In fact, it's not comparable at all. "I believe in getting vaccinated" is a completely separate thought than "I believe there was irresponsible misinformation about the vaccine."

3 hours ago, bleuwaffle said:

the bigotry always seems to come out when someone disagrees with y'alls politics :biblio:

it dooooes? based on a lil assumption or story in your head? no doubt:nicole:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.