GRAMMYs Name Jennifer Lopez as the "Most Influential Latin Entertainer of all time"

DRPapi809

she is very hard working woman, we must give her that. and far better entertainer then shakira, if we are real and honest.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeeDuval

• La Reina

• lestat111

• TheShowoff

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, lestat111 said:

she is very hard working woman, we must give her that. and far better entertainer then shakira, if we are real and honest.

Shakira is not an entertainer though. :coffee2: 

Entertainers are Thalia, jlo, paulina rubio & Gloria Trevi although she is very involved in some of her projects and writes her own stuff. 

but if your definition of entertainer is glam and dancers and staging and feathers and outfits to feed the Geys, then I guess you have a point. 

2 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

Shakira is not an entertainer though. :coffee2: 

Entertainers are Thalia, jlo, paulina rubio & Gloria Trevi although she is very involved in some of her projects and writes her own stuff. 

but if your definition of entertainer is glam and dancers and staging and feathers and outfits to feed the Geys, then I guess you have a point. 

and shakira doesnt have dancers and glam and staging? she is celine dion all of the sudden, know only of her vocals? please, that is weak argument. she is just below JLO as entertainer.

2 hours ago, XAMJ said:

Shakira says hello, Aguilera says Hi, Gloria Estefan says Hola, JLO is up there but idk about the most when it comes to latin music

Aguilera ? :deadbanana4:

Shakira is very successful in music (more than JLo) but she definitely has not been as influential as JLo.

Que carajo es esto hunny :confused:

Selena, Shakira. Gloria just to name a few have been more culturally relevant and influential than J.Lo 

I mean she’s definitely up there and definitely one of the most influential of the 00s. I’d argue that Selena is the most despite her career tragically being cut short. 

MadonnasBoyfriend

It should be Thalia followed by a mash up of mojito and ten pancienca 

But I was told by ATRL that she was irrelevant, not influential,nobody knows her (according to Mariah fans) and that she is a has been? Who should I believe? :confused:

22 minutes ago, lestat111 said:

and shakira doesnt have dancers and glam and staging? she is celine dion all of the sudden, know only of her vocals? please, that is weak argument. she is just below JLO as entertainer.

Celine that’s a far stretch but yes she is one of the Latin greatest of all time. artists that is.

All I was saying entertainer is one thing being an artist is another that’s all.  As far as Latin ENTERTAINER I would of picked Thalia or hell karol G the it girl right now. Again don’t know why Shakira is coming up in the same category if she is not an entertainer, she’s a well rounded artist and songwriter.  

4 hours ago, XAMJ said:

Shakira says hello, Aguilera says Hi, Gloria Estefan says Hola, JLO is up there but idk about the most when it comes to latin music

Is that the girl whose spanish album sold 4k ? lol

So some Neuyorican gay intern with no actual voting rights in the Academy wrote this?... 

:dies:

22 minutes ago, blueberries said:

Is that the girl whose spanish album sold 4k ? lol

No but she's the girl who has CLASSICS in Latin America and the Spanish-speaking world, such as these:

Ummm Gloria Estefan and Celia Cruz are right there and Shakira has a bigger reach. 

Anyways, where are JLos Grammys? Let’s start there. 

The GRAMMYs probably lost their mind...

What about Selena Quintanilla? Christina Aguilera? Shakira? Gloria Stefan? Celia Cruz? Thalia?

This honestly VERY disrespectful to Latin artists. :mad:

58 minutes ago, La Reina said:

No but she's the girl who has CLASSICS in Latin America and the Spanish-speaking world, such as these:

No one knows these,Jlo is far bigger and more influential than her in Latin America :celestial5:

I'd give it to Gloria Estefan.

1 hour ago, blueberries said:

No one knows these

"Pero Me Acuerdo De Ti" = 417 million views

"Hoy Tengo Ganas De Ti" = #1 in Mexico, 544 million views

JLo has never even recorded a successful album in Spanish like Mi Reflejo, which was a smash in Latin America and its singles still get recurrent airplay there. JLo's only album in Spanish BOMBED and was panned whereas Mi Reflejo is Diamond-eligible in the U.S. and even won a Latin Grammy.

1 hour ago, blueberries said:

Jlo is far bigger and more influential than her in Latin America :celestial5:

Mi Reflejo certifications in Latin American countries: 3

Como Ama Una Mujer certifications in Latin American countries: 0

Try again.

Edited by La Reina

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.