Today was the worst day of my life

Joyride

I had a seizure and my old company is suing me for not working for 15 days and they want a big money settlement (breaking the contract basically, I wasn't in physical/mental shape) to finish the last two weeks of my contract before they fired me

Funny thing is, they ended my contract after finding out I was sick last December

I'm truly sorry :hug: If you need someone to talk to who genuinely cares, I'm here for you. You're amazing and things will get better even if it takes time

2 minutes ago, StormFury said:

I'm so sorry. I also have epilepsy, though I haven't had a seizure in over five years. I also know what it's like to not be in mental shape, and how stigmatizing that can be. I wish you well :heart2:

it's so traumatizing. I am going through the worst year of my life. this company had no business coming for me 10 months after my contract ended, it's just targeted attacks to get money from ex employees because they are not doing great financially.

when I was working for them, they got ahold of my medical records (I am SURE this is illegal) and they fired me shortly after I was diagnosed with severe anemia, because it would be too expensive for the insurance. I was so sick that I missed 15 days of work and now they're suing for breach of contract and I honestly do not know what to do.

i'm sorry your going through this :hug:  yeah try and get a hold of a lawyer or some type of place to help you, your old job can get in big trouble for what they are doing. hope it gets sorted out for you 

Prayers and good vibes to you and healing. If you need some help financially drop that Cashapp or maybe a GoFundMe and we can try to come together and help out where we can :heart2:

That’s terrible. I really hope you’re in America because MANY lawyers would be salivating at a case like this, try to get in contact with one.

Wishing you all the best luck. Remember that for every downfall there will be a rise :heart:

14 minutes ago, DonSiblon said:

Prayers and good vibes to you and healing. If you need some help financially drop that Cashapp or maybe a GoFundMe and we can try to come together and help out where we can :heart2:

!!!

44 minutes ago, The Kick said:

it's so traumatizing. I am going through the worst year of my life. this company had no business coming for me 10 months after my contract ended, it's just targeted attacks to get money from ex employees because they are not doing great financially.

when I was working for them, they got ahold of my medical records (I am SURE this is illegal) and they fired me shortly after I was diagnosed with severe anemia, because it would be too expensive for the insurance. I was so sick that I missed 15 days of work and now they're suing for breach of contract and I honestly do not know what to do.

Sue them back and you'll win.  There is no way this would ever fly in court, you have a massive advantage if you're telling the truth.  It's absolutely pathetic they'd want to sue you for 15 days of missed work bc you were sick.  I hope you are able to find yourself in a better place soon and are feeling healthier.  You deserve to be treated with respect.

1 hour ago, StormFury said:

If you're in the US and had never signed release forms that named them, then that is wildly, massively illegal.

I'm not in the US sadly. I wish I was, I know what they did is ****** up. this was their way of getting rid of me/ending the contract from their end, citing "lack of resources" as the reason.

Which country are we talking about? If this happened anywhere in the EU then get a lawyer for workers rights ASAP coz you'll easily win a huge sum.

So sorry you're going through this. Sounds like a wrongful termination lawsuit and you'd have a good case tbh 

Why are they suing you for 15 days of sick leave? Did you notify the employer before the absence? Have you submitted medical certificates that support your case?  it might be an opportunity they used for forced termination which is illegal. So, in this case, it really depends a lot on where you live and the labor law in your local country. Good luck!! 

Edited by A.R.L

Hope you're getting better but sue and dry every penny out of them!

That sounds horrible. Try get a doctors note proving you were sick and a lawyer maybe even counter-sue for wrongful termination.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.