Barbarella (TBA) | Sydney Sweeney to star and exec produce, Edgar Wright to direct

genetic fail

spacer.png

Sydney Sweeney isn't done staying busy with Sony Pictures, as sources tell Deadline the Emmy-nominated Euphoria and The White Lotus actress is attached to star in a new Barbarella movie for the studio. The film is based on Jean-Claude Forest's French comic book series that was turned into a 1968 movie starring Jane Fonda.

Source

Edited by genetic fail

I'm so f***ing sick of remakes and sequels

Rebel Wilson GIF

it's from Sony so there's a 99% chance it's a panned bomb!

but Conservative Cutie Sydney Sweeney stays booked and busy :clap3:

still fighting to become an It Girl

she has the talent.

181fc72e05dcc812742d1dae8beb0d10.jpg

9 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

I'm so f***ing sick of remakes and sequels

Rebel Wilson GIF

Then don't watch!

Rebel Wilson GIF

the last film was over 50 years ago stop complaining about remakes it should be remade and Cassie from euphoria has the bosom and derrière and hair to play Barb.   

If she didn't have the breasts she does then she wouldn't have a career, I swear, because it's not her acting ability that's getting her booked.

Jane has charm, charisma, and can act - none of these apply to Sydney.

4 minutes ago, anastasha said:

If she didn't have the breasts she does then she wouldn't have a career, I swear, because it's not her acting ability that's getting her booked.

Spoken like a true bitter pressed hater :rip:

7 minutes ago, Miichael said:

Spoken like a true bitter pressed hater :rip:

Spoken like someone who's seen things she's in and knows she can't act. There's plenty of women who've played sexpot roles who have a charm or charisma, even if they're not strong actresses (though some are)... Sydney is not one of them. 

12 minutes ago, anastasha said:

Spoken like someone who's seen things she's in and knows she can't act. There's plenty of women who've played sexpot roles who have a charm or charisma, even if they're not strong actresses (though some are)... Sydney is not one of them. 

And again :toofunny3:

This could be a hit or miss depending on the team.

She definitely has the look, but I think adapting the campiness to a modern audience is going to be what makes it a success or not.

I can't see how Barbarella would work on the current social climate, but I hope they surprise me.

2 hours ago, Miichael said:

And again :toofunny3:

It's truly pathetic that any time someone offers criticism that it's classified as hate, why do we have to pretend everyone is talented... some people just aren't.

13 minutes ago, anastasha said:

It's truly pathetic that any time someone offers criticism that it's classified as hate, why do we have to pretend everyone is talented... some people just aren't.

You're completely entitled to not enjoy her work, but to say that a woman who has a successful acting career only has her career because of her breasts is just pure misogynistic bullshit, and now you're mad that you got called out on it. That's your problem.

4 hours ago, anastasha said:

pathetic, she's a great actress

18 hours ago, Oxy said:

oh yeah…cancel mobs lose all the time..

and there's a reason why!

13 hours ago, anastasha said:

This is a disgusting ass comment. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.