K-POP star CRUSH refuses to touch black fans hands during concert

Ayanaa

This man stole my joy.  I hate him! :mad:  Ugly, racist, panned, untalented and soon to be single (hopefully). 

3 hours ago, Bang Up said:

He literally said 

????????????????????????

while literally cosplaying as a black person. Kpop kills me sometimes. 

you wanna steal from the culture and dance, and sound like black artists but then continually be racist...I cant lol

Korean in general are racist af, sadly this wont affect his career since he is pretty much local act.

1 hour ago, Afterglow said:

you wanna steal from the culture and dance, and sound like black artists but then continually be racist...I cant lol

This is what was sending me. The audacity of it all. 

I clicked play and a. racist and b. what kind of trash 1998 Aaron Carter music is this looool

17 hours ago, Bang Up said:

What? Did you watch the video? He is touching everyone's hands in the crowd, and then when he gets to the two or three black fans, he pulls back, gives a "no thanks" gesture, and then immediately goes back to touching the hands of the fans next to them. How do you not see the issue here?

I didn't. I see where I was wrong. Apologize 

17 hours ago, Khal said:

I get enjoying their music, but it's why I'll never understand black people who actually stan this genre/the artists. They don't like you :skull:

I stopped stanning kpop when I realized that :skull: i still listen to kpop songs every now and then but i'll never stan a kpop artist again, there's too much racism and ignorance in that country 

22 hours ago, Afterglow said:

:deadbanana: The amount of cognitive dissonance it takes to knowingly steal from black culture and be racist is so sdjkhsdsh

like, black people are cool enough for you to profit off of, but not cool enough to shake hands with. got it.

It really did read like that and that stupid apology about being unable to approach some fans while the others are literally in the same section. He’s gross!!

Are we really syrpised?, lesbehonest huns. K-Pop, Racism and Colourim go hand in hand

This is such a huge problem with k-pop in general. They lift so much from American black culture while simultaneously disrespecting and not fully understanding it. The racial dynamics of the whole thing don't sit right with me. At times, it feels like a minstrel show.

Edited by The7thStranger

Koreans are RACISTS. That's the reality. Stop defending them stup** b****es.

Honestly **** like this is why I stopped stanning kpop. Like I understand it’s a different culture and country but I had enough tbh. It exhausting with all the ignorance and racism. It’s 2022 South Korea needs to get with the times and learn not to be racists towards people. 

Edited by Happylittlepunk

Not the accuser had many history of accusing other Kpop artistes as well and private her account now :rip:

Other videos from different angles kinda show it was unintentional and he skipped many fans in the audience 

I guess… #apologizetoJoy

Not shocking. I wouldn't say they steal from black culture though, the music is just very trashy. That's an insult to black people. 

Koreans being racist? How shocking, as if their entire culture wasn't based on being ultra-white and super-skinny :redface: I still don't know why is it that so many people like their trashy, forgettable, disposable, generic, repetitive music

Edited by Trainwreck

On 10/11/2022 at 5:56 PM, Khal said:

I get enjoying their music, but it's why I'll never understand black people who actually stan this genre/the artists. They don't like you :skull:

On 10/11/2022 at 6:36 PM, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

Yeah I will never understand it either :rip:

On 10/11/2022 at 7:30 PM, Sugar-Rush said:

I'll never understand why Black people stan K-Pop artists when they clearly don't like Black folks. :deadbanana2: The girls over on LSA constantly drag racists but for some reason the BTS topics over there are full of Black women stanning them. I don't get it. :psyduck:

I mean... Anti-blackness is unfortunately horrendously global :katie: and it doesn't have to entirely do with colonialism, either.

I can't speak for every Asian country, let alone my own, but most of us grew up with extremely horrific fairness cream ads that perpetuated both racism and colorism, and broadcasted it to literal children. So I'm really not surprised. 

What I am repelled by is the unmistakable "" inspiration "" a lot of local Asian acts (across Korea, China, India etc.) take from African-American culture only to then show their whole ass when it comes to actual racism. 

Coming back to y'all original point, if black people decided to boycott all openly racist industries, I feel like very few industries would be left to stan for them... 

Edited by Phantom

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.