Kelly Clarkson says she's not above spanking her kids and finds nothing wrong with it

midnightdawn

2 hours ago, MonsterJohn said:

Spanking only shows that you completely lost the control of the situation

that being said, white people need to learn how to educate their kids, many white kids are incredibly spoiled and disrespectful

The fact that you feel so comfortable saying this about white kids but if someone said something about black kids it would automatically be labeled racist. :dies: 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Into The Void

• Kamil24

• Uncatena

2 hours ago, charot said:

And I'm so tired of y'all SJWs making a big deal out of everything. Maybe you're the problem lol

I’m genuinely bamboozled… like, literally puzzled. We are talking about not abusing children. That’s a pretty big deal?

My standards are so low at this point, like… one brain cell is enough. Yet we are still pulling the “SJW” card. Shameful. 

• Like 1

Physical punishment is NEVER the answer. It’s a child not a dog.

• Like 1

not you guys dragging Kelly when you don't even have kids. :deadbanana4:

I bet she's an excellent mother, so nothing wrong with that.

• Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

I’m genuinely bamboozled… like, literally puzzled. We are talking about not abusing children. That’s a pretty big deal?

My standards are so low at this point, like… one brain cell is enough. Yet we are still pulling the “SJW” card. Shameful. 

Spanking in 2022  = Child abuse

This generation is so fvcked up.

Edited by charot
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, charot said:

Spanking  = Child abuse in 2022

This generation is so fvcked up.

There is a reason that spanking is outlawed in a lot of countries. 

If you are able to, I recommend reading this, especially the part “Relationship to child abuse”.

Overlapping definitions of physical abuse and physical punishment of children highlight a subtle or non-existent distinction between abuse and punishment.

Joan Durrant and Ron Ensom write that most physical abuse is physical punishment "in intent, form, and effect".

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Spanking is not the same as hurting/hitting. Our brains are hardwired to respond to negative physical touch. 

It’s a near soft tap on the bum, no more than people do to each other as a joke. We aren’t talking pain. 

Animals in the wild do it as well. Are brains are programmed to respond to it. 

As long as you’re not hurting or causing physical pain, it’s a soft tap and nothing more and people REALLY need to look at how “discipline” is bringing up kids who make their own rules or can’t understand why the world won’t bend for them. 

Our brains at a young age can’t comprehend “being spoken to” whereas a soft tap tells them everything they need to know. 

If you’re hurting your child or inflicting pain, you’re doing it wrong.

This! Are we going to shame and boycott cats because they slap others? 

• Thumbs Down 1

I completely disagree with abusing a child, "beatings" and "whoopings" are so beyond antiquated and no child should be subjected to that. However, there are times that a child is behaving so badly that it merits a spank or a light hit or something having to do with force, just like every other mother in the animal kingdom would do because it's corrective behavior. There's only so much you could do by saying "no" when something is or clapping and encouraging when something is good. That's not to say that it should be the parents first reaction and certainly not if the child is mentally disabled. 

5 minutes ago, Triton said:

This! Are we going to shame and boycott cats because they slap others? 

Are we seriously comparing parents slapping their children with cats??? Be ******* for real oh my god :deadbanana:

• Like 1

It's very important to teach children how to respect their parents and learn right from wrong and spanking, in moderation, is a perfectly fine tool for that :clap3: nowadays you'd think the kids run the household, the way it is in the west

reminds me of this 

:bibliahh: 

Edited by Literature
  • Thumbs Down 1

32 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

Are we seriously comparing parents slapping their children with cats??? Be ******* for real oh my god :deadbanana:

33 minutes ago, 305 said:

I completely disagree with abusing a child, "beatings" and "whoopings" are so beyond antiquated and no child should be subjected to that. However, there are times that a child is behaving so badly that it merits a spank or a light hit or something having to do with force, just like every other mother in the animal kingdom would do because it's corrective behavior. There's only so much you could do by saying "no" when something is or clapping and encouraging when something is good. That's not to say that it should be the parents first reaction and certainly not if the child is mentally disabled. 

I think a little pop here or there is ok.

but a full on beating is wrong 

I can't believe so many of you are fine with physically abusing a child. I hope you never have children. 

• Like 1

i seen the way some kids who haven’t gotten them act and chile….. i’m kinda with Kelly on this one despite me never wanting to ever spank my children :smile:

• Thumbs Down 1

My mother beat the hell out of me in intense ways and it is beyond disgusting. I cant forgive her for that even though our relationship has gotten a lot better now. But her beatings literally made my childhood a living nightmare. I wanted to die throughout my entire childhood which is not normal and I am sure it is part of why I have so many health issues because of all the stress I endured since youth. 

I would never wish anyone to go through what I went through. Even light spanking is unacceptable to me. Use your WORDS. You can literally punish your kids EASILY by taking away things they like, or use your words to punish them appropriately etc...all these things are HEALTHIER. 

• Like 1

Everyone i knew growing up got spanked andnim pretty sure that was the norm in the 90a

6 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

My mother beat the hell out of me in intense ways and it is beyond disgusting. I cant forgive her for that even though our relationship has gotten a lot better now. But her beatings literally made my childhood a living nightmare. I wanted to die throughout my entire childhood which is not normal and I am sure it is part of why I have so many health issues because of all the stress I endured since youth. 

I would never wish anyone to go through what I went through. Even light spanking is unacceptable to me. Use your WORDS. You can literally punish your kids EASILY by taking away things they like, or use your words to punish them appropriately etc...all these things are HEALTHIER. 

There's a difference between a spank and besting the hell out of someone. I was spanked as a child and I and the many I knew also spanked pretty much my entire generation grew up fine. I 

• Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

This is exactly what I said earlier but in not so many words. I’m really sorry about what happened to you. I’m always fighting my sister because she likes to punish my niece and it’s always pointless. When kids grow up, they only remember the pain, not what they did.

8 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

This is trash. And her kids will grow up to resent her even if they have a good relationship. The scars will just never leave them 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Put the kid in a time out and take their toys away. The fact that some people can't discipline without going to spanking or hitting immediately is a big problem. I guess it's not surprising Kelly is divorced with a **** relationship with her dad if she solves problems with violence.

From that story that wouldn't work on that child

10 minutes ago, Insanity said:

my entire generation grew up fine.

are we fine tho? :lmao: 

I think you are in the minority anyway, most people are trying to break the cycle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue Rose said:

are we fine tho? :lmao: 

I think you are in the minority anyway, most people are trying to break the cycle. 

Idk everyone got spanked back then

• Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Insanity said:

There's a difference between a spank and besting the hell out of someone. I was spanked as a child and I and the many I knew also spanked pretty much my entire generation grew up fine. I 

I still don't believe physically hitting a child is best. I do understand how in SOME rare circumstances, spanking is perhaps the only method but it should be a LAST resort thing. Some parents are too quick to spank and will do so for the smallest of things. Also when you are a child, just the action of your huge parent coming over, snatching you, bending you over and hitting your butt is scary AF. It can be enough to really shock the hell out of you. BUT I get what you are saying and perhaps I am so anti physical discipline in part because I am still dealing with my own trauma...

2 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

This is exactly what I said earlier but in not so many words. I’m really sorry about what happened to you. I’m always fighting my sister because she likes to punish my niece and it’s always pointless. When kids grow up, they only remember the pain, not what they did.

Thank you sis. It means a lot. Whenever I read articles like this I often feel I get triggered and almost get like flashbacks of my own terrible youth. I know it's not ocmparable at all but I just really oppose physical discipline. Especially ppl who use it so freely and so commonly. It should literally be a LAST resort thing even if it is just a light spanking. I'm glad our generation is trying to do things differently. I dont have kids but when I do I will make sure I never reach a point of frustration where I feel like the only way to get through to my kid is by hitting them. I feel like that is so animalistic. 

I'm glad you're telling your sis to not do that...I find it so difficult to confront people in my own life to not do that cuz they often times get offended or w/e but really it's just we dont want the kids to have to suffer with long lasting repercussions. 

1 minute ago, Insanity said:

Idk everyone got spanked back then

yes and that did not achieve anything positive so why keep going?

So many wimps, sissies and snowflakes here. :bibliahh:

OT: I applaud Kelly for disciplining her kids on proper ways. :clap3:

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.