Kelly Clarkson says she's not above spanking her kids and finds nothing wrong with it

midnightdawn

12 hours ago, Demi Lovato said:

spanking doesn’t teach anyone anything, it just creates fear

Fear works for better or for worse. I’m pretty sure like 75% of my productivity in my life has been the result of some level of fear. Gets the job done.

I’m in strong muscular shape —-> result of fear of being attacked

Got good grades in school —-> result of fear of parents punishing me

I do good work at my job —-> result of fear of being fired and being on the street

Keep up with my looks —-> result of fear of being the ugly and single loser of the family

:rip: 

Edited by Anomaly
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Into The Void

• Kamil24

• Uncatena

Spanking only shows that you completely lost the control of the situation

that being said, white people need to learn how to educate their kids, many white kids are incredibly spoiled and disrespectful

12 hours ago, Ombre said:

Tbh its akward having this conversation with white people because I always feel like they view us as savages when I tell them spanking/hitting were commonplace in our household/culture

Yeah I noticed some white people love judging Asian and Latino families that spank their children. 

• Thumbs Down 1

I don’t think it’s the best approach but it’s not the end of the world either.

7 hours ago, RussianRoulette said:

One older neighbour of mine never beat her kid.

I remember one time her daugher was 6 or 7 and my mum and her were chatting outside on a sunday and the little loser comes with a bat and hits her mum then spits on her and tells her to get inside.

The mum then proceeds to get teary eyed and goes inside the house.

If my child would do that to me... 

You realize there are other forms of discipline besides beating a child right?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ricardo1993 said:

Yeah I noticed some white people love judging Asian and Latino families that spank their children. 

This thread is about a white woman. :toofunny3:

maybe we wouldn't have so many school shooters if people actually disciplined their children  :coffee:

• Thumbs Down 1

I agree with Kelly and I can’t with that tabloid digging up a old as interview  and her to respond to it.  She will discipline her kids the way she seems fit and should not feel the need to explain or comment on it. There is a difference between spanking  and abusing your kids.  

28 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

You realize there are other forms of discipline besides beating a child right?

What would you have done in that situation?

13 hours ago, liver said:

yall should've been spanked more as well 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, RussianRoulette said:

What would you have done in that situation?

Put the kid in a time out and take their toys away. The fact that some people can't discipline without going to spanking or hitting immediately is a big problem. I guess it's not surprising Kelly is divorced with a **** relationship with her dad if she solves problems with violence.

• Like 1

So what? It’s her kids. It’s her choice how she raises and chooses to discipline them - as long as she’s not bludgeoning them to a pulp. Maybe if more parents spanked their kids, maybe some of these kids won’t be such a**holes in society. And some of you sure deserve it considering how most of the internet is.

Just now, Fuecoco said:

So what? It’s her kids. It’s her choice how she raises and chooses to discipline them - as long as she’s not bludgeoning them to a pulp. Maybe if more parents spanked their kids, maybe some of these kids won’t be such a**holes in society. And some of you sure deserve it considering how most of the internet is.

All these pro-spanking people act like spanking isn't still super common, and proven to NOT be helpful for kids as discipline.

8 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

i mean...my parents spanked me like 3 times and i can tell you i still remember why they did it, what i had done and that i never did those 3 things again :rip:

But if you mean those parents that slap their kids around like it's nothing...is there even a point? You can't call that parenting for sure.

this is a VERY good distinction and that kind of common sense I was looking for in this thread. I feel like I'm just bouncing from one extreme to the other reading these posts

• ATRL Moderator
50 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I guess it's not surprising Kelly is divorced with a **** relationship with her dad if she solves problems with violence.

This is an absolutely gross thing to say.  Kelly's dad abandoned her when she was a child.  Putting a blanket generalization like "she solves her problems with violence" is being ridiculously obtuse.

Spanking is obviously not the first and only thing she does to discipline her kids.  

51 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Put the kid in a time out and take their toys away. The fact that some people can't discipline without going to spanking or hitting immediately is a big problem. I guess it's not surprising Kelly is divorced with a **** relationship with her dad if she solves problems with violence.

Her dad chose to walk away from her when she was just a kid. Grow up and realize the two issues aren't related.

(From someone who got beats growing up) I’m never beating my kids, lol. From a young age I saw it as cruel. I remember me and my only other black friend in middle school bonding over how we wished we had white parents sometimes so we could have soft parenting. :deadbanana4:

5 minutes ago, MissedTheTrain said:

This is an absolutely gross thing to say.  Kelly's dad abandoned her when she was a child.  Putting a blanket generalization like "she solves her problems with violence" is being ridiculously obtuse.

Spanking is obviously not the first and only thing she does to discipline her kids.  

2 minutes ago, xDiamondx said:

Her dad chose to walk away from her when she was just a kid. Grow up and realize the two issues aren't related.

I'm being harsh, but this thread is way oot. I have a friend who has back problems because her dad slapped her back so much as a kid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

I'm being harsh, but this thread is way oot. I have a friend who has back problems because her dad slapped her back so much as a kid.

I understand.  Divorces don't necessarily correlate in the way you were implying in the other post, is my only criticism.

On the other hand, my parents never ever used spanking on us as kids so I never understood this method anyway. Just noticed that white people (generally) don't discipline their kids in a healthier ways and even then they don't discipline as much.

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

I don’t ever respond to weird, hateful posts like this, but this response shows who you are. Spanking is a controversial topic, but to say this about someone makes me feel like a lot of the responses here are correct and a lot of you have a “holier/ better than you” attitude… when many of you don’t even have children. If this is your response to this, you should probably check yourself first.

3 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

I’m so tired of y’all saying that caring for human decency is being over sensitive. Gives me the same vibe of those people who say “buzzwords!!” when someone says the word “feminist”. Like, are we adults here? 

The American Academy Of Pediatrics On Spanking Children: Don't Do It, Ever.

And I'm so tired of y'all SJWs making a big deal out of everything. Maybe you're the problem lol

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.