Kelly Clarkson says she's not above spanking her kids and finds nothing wrong with it

midnightdawn

1 hour ago, Hiphopper said:

People always got confused spanking and physical hurting s child. It's NOT like a slap in their face or a punch. Spanking is something to create a bad memory for kids to remind them if they don't want to experience this again, simply don't do what makes it happened to them.

Btw, to some of you trying to make spanking sounds as worse as punching a kid, HAVE YOU EVER HAD A RATIONAL TALK WITH A 5 YEAR OLD AND THEY FULLY UNDERSTAND YOU?? :ace:

My 5 year old can’t fully explain to me half the time why they even do what they do let alone me explaining it ?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Into The Void

• Kamil24

• Uncatena

The oversensitive SJWs here. Y’all wouldn’t have survived a Latina mom growing up. :toofunny3:

OT: spanking =/= physical abuse

• Thumbs Down 1

I mean as long as she knows the limits:michael:

I was spanked as a child, and looking back I don't think it really did anything to or for me. All I remember about it now is thinking, "I can't believe my parents hit me like that". This idea that we should spank our kids because our parents spanked us doesn't make much sense, and we should strive to do things differently from a generation that has clearly lost its marbles nowadays.

Our kids should respect us, but not fear us, and hitting them make them fear us. Spanking can lead to your kid refusing to open up to you and refusing to be honest our of fear of the repercussions. Just be open with them and communicate why things are bad.

15 minutes ago, hector.adriel said:

The oversensitive SJWs here. Y’all wouldn’t have survived a Latina mom growing up. :toofunny3:

OT: spanking =/= physical abuse

If you were to go up to a stranger and spank them, you could be arrested for assault because that would be considered physical abuse. Why is it that so many of you try to make this distinction when it just doesn't make sense? It's almost like you don't want to admit that your parents partook in physical abuse as punishment growing up.

I get that spanking and throwing objects at your children is popular in certain cultures, but that doesn't make it okay. It doesn't make someone an "oversensitive SJW" because they think hitting a three year old is abusive.

One older neighbour of mine never beat her kid.

I remember one time her daugher was 6 or 7 and my mum and her were chatting outside on a sunday and the little loser comes with a bat and hits her mum then spits on her and tells her to get inside.

The mum then proceeds to get teary eyed and goes inside the house.

If my child would do that to me... 

49 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

My 5 year old can’t fully explain to me half the time why they even do what they do let alone me explaining it ?

Exactly

We can tell. She's always been a vile woman. And now beating her kids??? :biblio:

• Like 1

i mean...my parents spanked me like 3 times and i can tell you i still remember why they did it, what i had done and that i never did those 3 things again :rip:

But if you mean those parents that slap their kids around like it's nothing...is there even a point? You can't call that parenting for sure.

5 hours ago, Demi Lovato said:

:pukey:

spanking doesn’t teach anyone anything, it just creates fear

This.  

I have a child, and I don’t spank because of this reason.  I was spanked, and I constantly walked around as an adult either: 1) seeking authority in other people, or 2) constant fear that I’m doing something wrong.  

Took a lot of spiritual growth to move past it.  LOVE my parents and my upbringing.  By no means was I abused, but spanking does indeed create other issues like fear.  

• Like 1

I work in education and some kids could really benefit from it. Some kids just don't have any boundaries and won't ever learn to distinguish between right and wrong leading them to worse behaviors in the future. (Speaking of at home, not at schools of course)

interesting to see kelly stans saying “ this is old!!! don’t judge her!!! “ and yet trying to drag avril for something that has happened 20 years ago lol

• Like 1

Yes spank me queen

Nothing more funny than reading takes from childless grown men on a pop forum telling how another mother has to raise her own children :toofunny3:

• Thumbs Down 1

Spank them Kelly, otherwise they'll end up like some of these atrlers.

• Thumbs Down 1

A bunch of grown gay men who will never have children of their own telling others how to raise theirs

spacer.png

• Thumbs Down 1

So I’m a little bit torn because, honestly I kind of agree with Kelly, spanking shouldn’t be SO taboo, but of course lots of parents take it too far. I think in children’s early developmental years, it’s a lot harder to REALLY drive home a point when you’re only trying to convey it verbally. So I understand why a physical pat on the bum seems like the quickest way to get a child to stop doing something or to understand that if they do something, they’ll be spanked. Negative reinforcement kind of like what cats do to each other.

Now my issue is.. I think that was unfortunately birthed out of dictatorially authoritative parenting. You do it to children because you -can,- because you have the authority to. But imagine if your friends or siblings or spouses “spanked” you just because you said or did something they disagreed with? Let’s say your spouse asked you to wash the dishes so you could cook when you get home, and you forget to. Wouldn’t it be socially INSANE to hear that they came home and “spanked” their partner? (No not the sexual kinky way but the disciplinary way). So, I feel like even though I don’t disagree with the practice, I disagree with its origins and why parents exercise the authority over children.

But it’s complex because you’re responsible for their safety and upbringing. So you want to teach them right from wrong and. It gets ironic though, spanking them to teach them safety lol. Tl;dr I don’t want kids

All yall saying u don't agree but yet haven't offered any alternatives to really bad and misbehaving children???

If ur from a ethnic household, ur most likely getting spanked. And usually u get spanked if u dont listen the first few times ur parents told u to stop wutever ur doing thats bad.

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.