Jamie Lee Curtis: Wrote to Disney About Making a "Freaky Friday" Sequel with Lindsay

loveofpopculture

Jamie Lee Curtis: ‘I’ve Already Written to Disney’ About Making a ‘Freaky Friday’ Sequel With Lindsay Lohan

Jamie Lee Curtis revealed on “The View” that she has “already written to Disney” regarding another “Freaky Friday” movie. Curtis starred opposite Lindsey Lohan in the body-swapping comedy, which Disney released in 2003 to $160 million at the worldwide box office. The actor recently told a crowd in Mexico City while promoting “Halloween Ends” that she would “absolutely” do another “Freaky Friday.”

“The View” co-host Sara Haines asked Curtis about her answer and gave her the floor “to pitch Disney” on a sequel, to which Curtis responded, “I’ve already written to Disney, my friends at Disney. I’m in their new ‘Haunted Mansion’ movie.”

“Let me be the grandma! Let me be the old grandma who switches places,” Curtis continued. “So then Lindsay gets to be the sexy grandma, who is still happy with Mark Harmon in all the ways you would be happy with Mark Harmon…And simply, I would like to see Lindsay be the hot grandma, and I would like to see me try to deal with toddlers today. I wanna be a helicopter parent in today’s world, as an old lady.”

It seems Curtis is simply waiting for Disney to move ahead with a “Freaky Friday” sequel at this point. During the same interview in Mexico City where she said she’d “absolutely” return, Curtis also confirmed to fans that “Lindsay Lohan and I are friends….Lindsay Lohan and I text. She texted me the other day, she’s in Ireland making [her new Netflix movie ‘Irish Wish’].”

Edited by loveofpopculture

wouldn't it be, like, lohan as the mom and, idk, McKenna Grace as the daughter? 

anyway, hope curtis is one of 4 actors from Everything Everywhere to get an oscar nom.

I'd love this, hope they make it work.

9 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

wouldn't it be, like, lohan as the mom and, idk, McKenna Grace as the daughter? 

anyway, hope curtis is one of 4 actors from Everything Everywhere to get an oscar nom.

I watched the interview too and Jamie said she wants to be a sexy grandma and switch again with Lindsay who has to deal with her toddlers 

They better make this happen and correctly. Usually sequels suck, but I have hopes.. 

omg YES PLEASE :WAP: Legally Blonde 3 and Freaky Friday 2, we about to EAT GOODT.

Freaky Friday was great as it was, a sequel would be completely unnecessary, like most sequels nowadays.

Fetch some new ideas Hollywood!

6 minutes ago, est. in 90s said:

Freaky Friday was great as it was, a sequel would be completely unnecessary, like most sequels nowadays.

Fetch some new ideas Hollywood!

i mean, it was a re-remake already

27 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

i mean, it was a re-remake already

True, but back when Lindsay's Freaky Friday came out, remakes (and sequels) were actually good, nowadays, not so much. These days, most of them are uninspired cash grabs. 

Edited by est. in 90s

Love how Jamie Lee is so involved in the pitch, marketing, performance, and publicity of her movies.

Ughhh I really feel like this is finally Lindsay’s moment to be BACK :jonnycat:  I want it all to work out for her!

It’s a classic. We don’t need another one. It would only encourage Hollywood to keep making unnecessary re-makes again 

4 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

I can see it being a D+ movie. 

This, they are milking everything they wanted the Lizzie McGuire show (that Hillary declined to move forward) and then the Hocus Pocus 2 sequel like 30 years after! Of course they will make a D+ sequel of this knowing how relevant it still is, I guess they’re waiting to see how the public reacts to Lindsay’s Xmas movie and if she keeps her head straight for the next year and production of the Irish film.

Britney and Paris already got their redemption and the GP loves them and forgot they crazy past so Lohan only needs a comfort cozy romcom/comedy and that’s it.

6 hours ago, est. in 90s said:

True, but back when Lindsay's Freaky Friday came out, remakes (and sequels) were actually good, nowadays, not so much. These days, most of them are uninspired cash grabs. 

if it has to be uninspired cash grabs, i would at least prefer them to be with Lindsay and Jamie Lee Curtis and SJ Parker etc rather than Timothee Chalamet and Zendaya and Camila Cabello

JLC is trying to cash out on as many franchises she's in as possible in her golden years, and I respect that. That said given how much of a garbage the latest Hocus Pocus was I’m not sure I actually need this.

I would say come up with new interesting ideas instead but that seems too much to ask for these days.

6 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

Love how Jamie Lee is so involved in the pitch, marketing, performance, and publicity of her movies.

yeah the way she is so active and always pay respect to her iconic movies, unlike some of the stars that try to act above those chick flick that make them icon

She must have her eyes on some new vacation homes that she wants to make the down payment for :clown:

6 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

22 minutes ago, chiliam said:

yeah the way she is so active and always pay respect to her iconic movies, unlike some of the stars that try to act above those chick flick that make them icon

It's refreshing!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.