Kanye comes for Jewish people

DONTYELLATME

6 hours ago, ZIVERT said:

Who is "they" in your original post? It reads as an implication that there is some higher organization that will finally punish Kanye for slighting the Jews, or that Jews as a monolith will now speak up and condemn him because he's attacking them. You and I both know that Jews aren't a monolith, as pointed out by another person in this thread - there are far-right Jewish people that weaponize their perceived whiteness and there are far-left Jewish people that apologize for their perceived whiteness. But to suggest that Jewish people as a large majority have been silent until it affects them is irresponsible at best and anti-Semitic at worst.

You completely nailed what the issue was with the original user's post was, and the fact that people are still arguing with you over whether that user's post was wrong is proof that people on this forum just get a kick out of being contrarian :toofunny2:

Nobody's denying that some Jewish people also hold racist and white supremacist beliefs. Nobody's denying that there were likely some individual Jewish people who turned a blind eye to, or even supported, Kanye's WLM post but are only mad at him now. But when someone tweets something blatantly anti-Semitic, and your immediate reaction isn't to condemn the anti-Semitism, but to make some statement about "well maybe NOW they'll hate him when they didn't before!!" is absolutely anti-Semitic rhetoric, even if that wasn't the intention.

Obviously people naturally feel more affected by something that directly targets them compared to something that targets other people. But the suggestion that "the Jews" didn't care at all about Kanye's prior racism is a completely unfounded generalization of a community, and specifically one that feeds into anti-Semitic rhetoric about how "the Jews" are some ominous, Big Brother-like powerful body that make decisions as a council about what societal actions to take. When the AAPI community was the subject of extreme hate at the beginning of COVID, I almost never heard people saying "oh well I guess now they'll care about social justice issues!" When the George Floyd reaction was going on, there were almost no instances of "well how convenient that they choose NOW to protest." This type of rhetoric about how Jewish people only look out for themselves and react as a larger body to injustices that specifically affect them seems to be a criticism that is disproportionately levelled against the Jewish community compared to other groups.

I'm frankly not interested in debating this further, so I just ask the non-Jewish people in this thread who didn't see a problem with the original user's comment to consider the fact that maybe actual Jewish people have a bit more of a nuanced perspective of how anti-Semitic rhetoric can appear in practice than you do as a non-Jew.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZIVERT

• brooklyndaddy

• Gui Blackout

• QueenBLadyG

7 minutes ago, shelven said:

You completely nailed what the issue was with the original user's post was, and the fact that people are still arguing with you over whether that user's post was wrong is proof that people on this forum just get a kick out of being contrarian :toofunny2:

Nobody's denying that some Jewish people also hold racist and white supremacist beliefs. Nobody's denying that there were likely some individual Jewish people who turned a blind eye to, or even supported, Kanye's WLM post but are only mad at him now. But when someone tweets something blatantly anti-Semitic, and your immediate reaction isn't to condemn the anti-Semitism, but to make some statement about "well maybe NOW they'll hate him when they didn't before!!" is absolutely anti-Semitic rhetoric, even if that wasn't the intention.

Obviously people naturally feel more affected by something that directly targets them compared to something that targets other people. But the suggestion that "the Jews" didn't care at all about Kanye's prior racism is a completely unfounded generalization of a community, and specifically one that feeds into anti-Semitic rhetoric about how "the Jews" are some ominous, Big Brother-like powerful body that make decisions as a council about what societal actions to take. When the AAPI community was the subject of extreme hate at the beginning of COVID, I almost never heard people saying "oh well I guess now they'll care about social justice issues!" When the George Floyd reaction was going on, there were almost no instances of "well how convenient that they choose NOW to protest." This type of rhetoric about how Jewish people only look out for themselves and react as a larger body to injustices that specifically affect them seems to be a criticism that is disproportionately levelled against the Jewish community compared to other groups.

I'm frankly not interested in debating this further, so I just ask the non-Jewish people in this thread who didn't see a problem with the original user's comment to consider the fact that maybe actual Jewish people have a bit more of a nuanced perspective of how anti-Semitic rhetoric can appear in practice than you do as a non-Jew.

:clap3:

Now if those other 2-3 users can just stfu...

7 hours ago, ZIVERT said:

Who is "they" in your original post? It reads as an implication that there is some higher organization that will finally punish Kanye for slighting the Jews, or that Jews as a monolith will now speak up and condemn him because he's attacking them. You and I both know that Jews aren't a monolith, as pointed out by another person in this thread - there are far-right Jewish people that weaponize their perceived whiteness and there are far-left Jewish people that apologize for their perceived whiteness. But to suggest that Jewish people as a large majority have been silent until it affects them is irresponsible at best and anti-Semitic at worst. Are you suggesting that Jews only care about themselves? 2000 years of oppression and a plethora of Holocaust education later, I think we can all agree that Jewish people would be some of the last people to promote and benefit from white supremacy.

So yes, it would be contradictory for a Jewish person to now be suddenly upset; but to put the spotlight on such a minuscule population of Jews, against the backdrop of a diverse group of people that have historically faced persecution and oppression is weird. White supremacy is bad period - these people should be lashed for their racism, not for their Jewishness. And Kanye should be lashed for both white supremacy AND his anti-semitism.

Of course there is :rip: 

18 minutes ago, shelven said:

:heart2: 

4 minutes ago, cypriotpcdfan said:

Of course there is :rip: 

:skull: 

Just now, ZIVERT said:

:heart2: 

:skull: 

One day...you might get it. 

• ATRL Moderator

The scary part about this is I feel like he’s going to be embraced by far right wingers, and he’s going to be enabled by them to keep going.

1 minute ago, shelven said:

Hope the ZTP warning is worth such a boring post

What's a ZTP point? Also, what exactly did I say?

yeah... he's not all there. hope he gets some professional help.

he's recently done an interview with fox news - of all networks, why that one? - and he's way off the bend

6 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

***** - your takes are always of the most foul assortment; you are truly one of Satan's unpaid interns.

:coffee:

20 hours ago, Pop Life said:

In alot of cases it's also driven by an Animal Farm situation where they mobilize under a banner of equality and self-governance but in the end they don't want to remove the oppressors so much as replace them.

i also see this approach in american feminism, it’s quite interesting 

the bait is working, if he follows through more on this path, then he'd see glimpse of its beginning... :celestial5:

10 hours ago, Sazare said:

Crazy how Kanye and taylor have now had their own antisemitism controversies. Those two really are forever and inextricably linked.

wait what did I miss something?:eek:

Taylor is not anti semitic. She literally friends with the HAIM sisters She probably is pro Israel even Loll

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

i can’t keep up with him honestly :deadbanana4: a random attack everyday

25 minutes ago, Ombre said:

Why do people keep blaming mental illness? Has he ever been diagnosed? 

Yes.  However, mental illness is not to blame here.  He loves being unhinged, he loves getting attention.  He considers it an art, like he's doing the world a service for his lunacy.  

@OP I'm a bit shocked both IG and Twitter banned him before he was able to post what he wanted to say, but I'll take it.  He's so ****ing annoying, he thinks what he has to say is so controversial and edgy, like he came up with these conspiracy theories or the world is out to get him meanwhile he's a billionaire.  That level of narcissism and victim-complex mentality is just not even worth society's time to deal with.  

6 hours ago, terrorblade said:

wait what did I miss something?:eek:

Years back an image surfaced of taylor smiling while standing next to someone wearing large Nazi insignia. I will not share the image as it could be triggering for some, but it is out there on the internet.

6 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Taylor is not anti semitic. She literally friends with the HAIM sisters and works so much with Jack Antonoff. She probably is pro Israel even Loll

Being pro-Israel has no bearing on whether someone is antisemitic. :rip: Some of today’s most prominent white nationalists support Israel’s existence because it would give them somewhere to expel all the Jews to once they create their own ethnostates.

5 hours ago, Archetype said:

@OP I'm a bit shocked both IG and Twitter banned him before he was able to post what he wanted to say, but I'll take it.  He's so ****ing annoying, he thinks what he has to say is so controversial and edgy, like he came up with these conspiracy theories or the world is out to get him meanwhile he's a billionaire.  That level of narcissism and victim-complex mentality is just not even worth society's time to deal with.  

Yeah, there’s some morbid curiosity on my part as to what he was going to say but it’s truly for the best we never got to hear it. It was probably going to be some crude Black Hebrew Israelite talking points anyway, and lord knows we don’t need that being amplified any further.

• ATRL Moderator
42 minutes ago, Sazare said:

Years back an image surfaced of taylor smiling while standing next to someone wearing large Nazi insignia. I will not share the image as it could be triggering for some, but it is out there on the internet.

Being pro-Israel has no bearing on whether someone is antisemitic. :rip: Some of today’s most prominent white nationalists support Israel’s existence because it would give them somewhere to expel all the Jews to once they create their own ethnostates.

*A photo of her at Katy Perry's paint party, where everyone wore white and painted things on their outfits.  Taylor didn't know the guy, he just asked for a picture with her.   He came out afterwards and said she didn't notice.

MadonnasBoyfriend

Sad to read this on the day I chose to wear yeezys to work. 

7 hours ago, Archetype said:

Yes.  However, mental illness is not to blame here.  He loves being unhinged, he loves getting attention.  He considers it an art, like he's doing the world a service for his lunacy.  

Do you have a link to whichever publication shared his diagnosis? Im curious what he actually has.

God just go already. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.