Madonna covers Britney’s classic “toxic”

Superbitch

She sounds great tbh :clap3: we love supportive mothers 

This ain’t new though. Lol

MadonnasBoyfriend

Did it in 2016.. Which I'm suddenly realizing was a very long time ago :deadbanana4:

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

13 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

Did it in 2016.. Which I'm suddenly realizing was a very long time ago :deadbanana4:

Mess they just posted it today :sistrens:

2 hours ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

december 1st, 2017 :sistrens:

Imagine a legend covering one of your smash classics

this made me imagine madonna making an album like folklore and it dowuld be soooo soothing :jonny5:

her clean voice w/ just a guitar is so good  

4 hours ago, LikeaRebel said:

I wish she’d take this approach on her next album. 

No, we already had American Life and that was enough. 

She's covered this song several times. Something about this cover is very Love Profusion.  Sometimes I wonder if she wishes she had gotten this song instead ? 

14 hours ago, LikeaRebel said:

I wish she’d take this approach on her next album. 

imagine a full album like this, or music/AL folktronica-ish adding some electronic (and no this wasn't mishmash x)

19 hours ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

She's covered this song several times. Something about this cover is very Love Profusion.  Sometimes I wonder if she wishes she had gotten this song instead ? 

It's possible the song passed by her since the demo was shopped around to pop girls before Britney took it (Kylie even turned it down and I bet regrets it now). Madonna probably was offered the demo and turned it down but she was too much into making her own original music at the time. 

40 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

It's possible the song passed by her since the demo was shopped around to pop girls before Britney took it (Kylie even turned it down and I bet regrets it now). Madonna probably was offered the demo and turned it down but she was too much into making her own original music at the time. 

The only person I knew of it being offered to was Kylie,  had no idea other pop girls were offered the track. From the way she sings it, it probably would sound like Love profusion and not be the iconic track we know today 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.