Dua Lipa on relationship with Anwar Hadid: "It's great to be alone", talks recording.

KatyPrismSpirit

On her podcast in a conversation with Charli XCX, the girls were discussing their former and current relationships. Dua revealed how it has been a year since her break up with F-lister Anwar Hadid. She revealed the following:

“This is the first year I’ve not been in a relationship for a very long time. It’s been great to be alone & only think about myself, which I’ve never really had the chance to do.”

Dua also revealed during this conversation that she hasn't been able to write much solo material on tour. Citing: 

"I feel more creative once I'm in my bed at home, that's when I write. I've been on tour for practically a year now, spending time in hotel rooms and on the road, it doesn't leave me with much time to record music".

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

Lock her up in her bedroom. I need a new album asap

she's going to do the huge gap between eras thing like Katy eh? 

NOT a good move tbh. But I get what she said...she needs to center herself out of tour in order to be present for the creation process

dua is the gift that keeps on giving  :wanda:

48 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

NOT a good move tbh. But I get what she said...she needs to center herself out of tour in order to be present for the creation process

i think what is different from her and katy is that dua doesn't disappear like katy does between eras, that helps a lot imo.

1 hour ago, IBeMe said:

Dua is taking Janet's footsteps

-----

OMG a podcast with Dua and the "IDGAF" backup singer Charli XCX?? Lemme check it out :jonnycat:

1 minute ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Dua is taking Janet's footsteps

-----

OMG a podcast with Dua and the "IDGAF" backup singer Charli XCX?? Lemme check it out :jonnycat:

It was really fun to listen to. they got into other things as well but didnt write everything here !

3 minutes ago, katara said:

I liked that podcast. Both are so eloquent. 

i loved to see how much they genuinely respect each other. it felt like two girlfriends just catching up. no pettiness. no shady remarks. I love how much the pop girls have evolved. in the 2000s all these girls used to be such divas and always give backhanded compliments etc. Also great to hear how dua loved Good Ones. She has taste for sure.

Well it was her choice to be constantly in relationships and not have time for herself, glad that she’s finally there.

3 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

Well it was her choice to be constantly in relationships and not have time for herself, glad that she’s finally there.

...duh? What's the point of leaving this comment lmao

So no new album soon? Disgusting. :biblio:

On 10/8/2022 at 12:02 AM, IBeMe said:

Which 'huge' gap though?

It already is close to Q4 2022, she is still touring and we know she has recorded the tour, we are technically still in the FN era.

we have no idea if any collabs are planned late Q1/Q2 2023 and what else she might have coming up or planned. Beside things like Argylle and stuff

the FN era already took place in 3 different years, she will be fine stepping out for a little bit to recharge.

:duca:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.