LA Times: The Weeknd didn't submit "Dawn FM" for the Grammys

Green

The Weeknd, who vowed to boycott the Grammys in the wake of the “After Hours” kerfuffle, didn’t submit his follow-up, “Dawn FM.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2022-10-06/beyonce-adele-harry-styles-bad-bunny-grammys

-------------------------------------

It seems like he's still serious about his boycott (unlike other artists)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Erreur2 La Nature

• Machete

• Montreal

Top Posters In This Topic

A man who keeps his words :clap3: :clap3: 

Like Ariana could easily get her 2nd Grammy for SYT but I ain't mad 

No surprise there, After Hours and Blinding Lights were robbed.

He wouldnt win against bey and adele or bruno anyways :ahh:you wont be missed you narc!

6 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

:clap3:

Joining Drake and Eminem I think

Drake has been burned out artistically since half a decade ago and Eminem since the first Obama administration is PLS. They wont be missed. They actually shouldnt submit imo. Legends like Kendrick Lamar deserve to win these accolades and get nominated.

He said he was done with them, so obviously he didn't lol

I would have been surprised of the contrary.

The album is trash anyway 

27 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Drake has been burned out artistically since half a decade ago and Eminem since the first Obama administration is PLS. They wont be missed. They actually shouldnt submit imo. Legends like Kendrick Lamar deserve to win these accolades and get nominated.

Someone called KatyPrismSpirit talking about other artists art :deadbanana2:

22 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

Someone called KatyPrismSpirit talking about other artists art :deadbanana2:

no correlation :heart2: 

King keeping his word :clap3: 

I understand & respect Abel decision

However at the same time Dawn FM is a :flame: album probably the best album released in 2022 

I respect him sticking to his word! 

Really the Grammys aren’t even relevant anymore besides a few trending topics on Twitter for a night. Abel has one of the biggest songs of all time and a stadium tour under his belt, he doesn’t really need them anymore. 

2 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Em is a huge legend

and Drake's star-power is what the Grammys need (not that he deserves to win anything..although his last album was cute even if his fans wont agree)

K deserves, but he is getting highly overrated and the last album was subpar for what he used to deliver

52 minutes ago, DR0GO said:

What's the ATRL consensus on Dawn FM?

Mixed I think

but it's mainly because it wasn't super successful like his previous eras

42 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I respect him sticking to his word! 

Really the Grammys aren’t even relevant anymore besides a few trending topics on Twitter for a night. Abel has one of the biggest songs of all time and a stadium tour under his belt, he doesn’t really need them anymore. 

It's still kinda sad that a musician on his level is willingly distancing himself from an institution that is merely meant to celebrate his peers and celebrate MUSIC first and foremost, all because he didn't get an award... The ego some of these celebs have, just because a song has some numbers on Spotify and you make a lot of money, is really sad to see. Being disappointed your work wasn't acknowledged is one thing but to act like this is kinda pathetic. Especially considering he had no trouble accepting his previous Grammys as he was often acknowledged. And he didn't have any issue when SZA got snubbed from that Grammy because Starboy won - leaving SZA with zero Grammys? Did you see SZA never attend the Grammys and rebel to this institution as a result of not snagging a trophy home? She didn't because she is a class act who knows better. Doesn't let her ego in the way and first and foremost, can accept a loss and still put on a smile and celebrate those musicians who actually did get nominated. 

Nobody even remembered this album after a week. :lmao:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.