Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches | Renewed for Season 2

Euterpe

"Based on Anne Rice’s Lives of the Mayfair Witches, Mayfair Witches is an exploration of female power

and the mortal implications of our decisions. Mayfair Witches focuses on an intuitive young neurosurgeon

(Alexandra Daddario) who discovers that she is the unlikely heir to a family of witches. As she grapples

with her newfound powers, she must contend with a sinister presence that has haunted her family for

generations. Coming to AMC+."

This sounds interesting. I love witches/wizard stories

these books are really weird.

and kinda pro-pedo and pro-incest

I'm always here for anything witches :duca:

On 10/7/2022 at 7:22 PM, rzal said:

finally a good witch show :WAP: 

I recommend A Discovery of Witches if you like a good witch/romance show too. It's amazing. :jonny6:

15 hours ago, justjess said:

I recommend A Discovery of Witches if you like a good witch/romance show too. It's amazing. :jonny6:

I'll check it out!

• 2 months later...

The Mayfair Witches, the second series (Behind “Interview With The Vampire) in AMC’s Immortal Universe, based on the novel trilogy Lives of the Mayfair Witches by Anne Rice.

The series stars Alexandra Daddario as Dr. Rowan Fielding, 

Neurosurgeon Dr. Rowan Fielding learns she is the heiress to a dynasty of powerful witches haunted by a sinister spirit.

Im so excited for this :wanda:

Im a sucker witches/mermaids/aliens type of shows so sign me up 

More witches :jonny5: will be watching! :duca:

Just now, Assassin said:

Will there be home essentials in this show as well?

Such as?

the books are weird and creepy.

there's a 13 year old girl who has all her male family members fall in love with her. 

Edited by fridayteenage

46 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

the books are weird and creepy.

there's a 13 year old girl who has all her male family members fall in love with her. 

And pretty incestuous… I’m currently reading the first book and yeah but it’s pretty intriguing tho 

1 hour ago, Yog said:

Such as?

pretty sure that home essentials = homosexuals :rip:

18 minutes ago, Mr.Marvelous said:

pretty sure that home essentials = homosexuals :rip:

Not sure... but I may be wrong but I think there is an gay character in the mayfair books 

Edited by Yog

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Honestly, I liked it. It's a bit slower paced than ITWV and it does have a bit of a CW feel to it, but I liked it enough to keep going. I haven't read the books so aside from knowing a few characters names, I'm going in blind.

Rowan comes off really awkward a lot but I'm thinking that's a stylistic choice and it'll go away as she figures out who she really is. It's so sad seeing her adoptive mother repeatedly lying to her. Given how close they appear to be, it's going to be devastating when she learns about everything that's been hidden from her. Lasher seems really interesting and I'm looking forward to finding out more about him.

The biggest complaint that I have is that ITWV had this explosive 3rd act that had me immediately obsessed and hyped to keep going and MW didn't have anything like that. Which is fine, it's obvious that this is going to be more of a slow burn type of show, but I don't see it generating the same kind of excitement that "Interview" got. I feel like it has a lot of potential though, hopefully it'll get better as the story develops.

Spoiler

This ep was better than the first. The pacing was better & it was pretty intense, watching Rowan & Deirdre make their way to one another. I’m more sure now that Alex has been deliberately portraying Rowan’s extremely awkward, aloofness, I can feel Rowan’s anxiety & fear. I like the way she & Cip ended up meeting. The airplane scene was a nice little nod to the books. 

It was SO great that Deirdre got at least a moment where she was able to utilize her powers. I had so hoped that they’d get to at least meet it was really sad that they got so close, only for it to be so quickly snatched away. The BIG question is, WHO WAS ON THE 6TH FLOOR?? Who did the deed? I think that either Cortland or Carlotta has a lackey in the Hotel like they did in the book & that’s who did it.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I watched the first three episodes, and I am so hyped. It's so good so far. :jonny5:

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2023 at 10:59 PM, Euterpe said:

Okay, I watched the first three episodes, and I am so hyped. It's so good so far. :jonny5:

Finally someone else watching this :hippo:

10 minutes ago, Yog said:

Finally someone else watching this :hippo:

I'm waiting for it to be done to binge it like I did with IWTV :jonny:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just started watching this. On episode 4. I've seen a lot of complaints about Lasher and Alex not being blonde like the books mentioned. :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.