US HHS spends $290M to stockpile radiation med, "insists" nothing to do with Ukraine

Espresso

Oh this will do wonders for the super high nuclear anxiety I’ve had lately! Just reminds me I really need to get an emergency kit together.

This is not good at all

I fear things have been escalating a lot behind the scenes and the public doesn’t know

Don't attack me for this but can some of this money go to current healthcare because I'm 

27 minutes ago, Trent W said:

This is not good at all

I fear things have been escalating a lot behind the scenes and the public doesn’t know

I mean they are literally sending billions worth of weapons and money to fund the country Russia is at war with. 

There's an analogy about not poking the bear that comes to mind. And yes I know that Ukrainian user will quote me and say that I want all Ukrainians dead. No. I just would like to avert a nuclear war that leaves tens of millions dead across multiple countries. 

7 minutes ago, Protocol said:

I mean they are literally sending billions worth of weapons and money to fund the country Russia is at war with. 

There's an analogy about not poking the bear that comes to mind. And yes I know that Ukrainian user will quote me and say that I want all Ukrainians dead. No. I just would like to avert a nuclear war that leaves tens of millions dead across multiple countries. 

They’ve been doing that for months

But I feel like things have been escalating the last few weeks.

Everyone's been spamming "nuclear this" "nuclear that" in every Ukraine war thread for the past 6 months but no one wants to actually be prepared if it DOES come to a nuclear escalation that they've been parroting about :toofunny2: Having iodine pills available is just a rational thing to do because the demand and price will not get lower anytime soon due to peoples individual fears. It's not gonna jinx people to have them available.

Remember when they had to ration hand sanitizer because no one was prepared to supply the amounts that we were buying? :deadbanana2:

Edited by Illuminati

4 minutes ago, Trent W said:

They’ve been doing that for months

But I feel like things have been escalating the last few weeks.

Because Russia is losing :rip: They are pushing Putin to be desperate. He sees this as a struggle for Russia's continued existence. If Ukraine decisively wins he know it will become part of the EU and NATO and he thinks (not without reason lbr) they will put nukes there right at Russia's border. Whether or not that's factual doesn't matter; that's how the madman sees it, and he's the one who controls the nukes. Don't poke the bear. And I'm very sorry for Ukraine but NOTHING justifies going to war with a nuclear power. NOTHING justifies the literally tens of millions of lives that would be lost. The west is NOT responsible for sacrificing its citizens to defend Ukraine.

7 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Because Russia is losing :rip: They are pushing Putin to be desperate. He sees this as a struggle for Russia's continued existence. If Ukraine decisively wins he know it will become part of the EU and NATO and he thinks (not without reason lbr) they will put nukes there right at Russia's border. Whether or not that's factual doesn't matter; that's how the madman sees it, and he's the one who controls the nukes. Don't poke the bear. And I'm very sorry for Ukraine but NOTHING justifies going to war with a nuclear power. NOTHING justifies the literally tens of millions of lives that would be lost. The west is NOT responsible for sacrificing its citizens to defend Ukraine.

Are you ******* stupid? What the **** do you mean nothing justifies going to war ? The LITERALLY invaded them. They didn’t like any bears. The bear walked in and started trying to maul them. Get ******* serious. And the West has every obligation to jump to its defense in the event this becomes this is in large part due it then that Putin is invading in the first place. 

Edited by 45seconds

2 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

Are you ******* stupid? What the **** do you mean nothing justifies going to war ? The LITERALLY invaded them. They didn’t like any bears. The bear walked in and started trying to maul them. Get ******* serious. 

Great, then defend themselves. Western countries should not have sent billions in weapons that is driving Putin to consider nuclear war against western countries.

Ukrainians would not be ok with destroying their economy and standard of living and risking nuclear annihilation if England went to war with another country that is thousands of miles away and has nothing to do with them. So vice versa.

47 minutes ago, Protocol said:

I mean Ukraine didn’t choose to be invaded tho :skull:

Even if they neutralize Russia and join Nato, the country has already suffered irreparable damage

4 minutes ago, Trent W said:

I mean Ukraine didn’t choose to be invaded tho :skull:

Even if they neutralize Russia and join Nato, the country has already suffered irreparable damage

I am aware of that. What I am controversially saying is that Western countries should have not intervened because you are dealing with a major nuclear power with a crazy guy at the head. If that means he snatches Ukraine then so be it. Ukraine gambled when they decided they wanted to join NATO, knowing Putin could react like this. Unfortunately the citizens had no say, this was the government's fault. I have no pity for Zelensky, I do for normal people. But it's not the responsibility of the West to risk their ruin to save them.

I mean, many governments have some kind of fallout / pandemic response for scenarios that have happened once but are unlikely to repeat (nuclear warfare). The US was stockpiling smallpox vaccines for decades that ended up being used for monkeypox just because of the scale of devastation from the original event demands some preparation for "what if".

The US easily knows the kind of destruction to life it did with its nuclear bomb usage. They better than anyone know it is better to be prepared than sorry if it was ever a victim of something of that scale. :toofunny3:

Diplomacy should be used still to avoid nuclear fallout and it's something serious, in my view, but I think using this to gauge whether it is more or less likely veers too far into conspiracy. 

7 minutes ago, Communion said:

I mean, many governments have some kind of fallout / pandemic response for scenarios that have happened once but are unlikely to repeat (nuclear warfare). The US was stockpiling smallpox vaccines for decades that ended up being used for monkeypox just because of the scale of devastation from the original event demands some preparation for "what if".

The US easily knows the kind of destruction to life it did with its nuclear bomb usage. They better than anyone know it is better to be prepared than sorry if it was ever a victim of something of that scale. :toofunny3:

Diplomacy should be used still to avoid nuclear fallout and it's something serious, in my view, but I think using this to gauge whether it is more or less likely veers too far into conspiracy. 

It would have been clearer If they had included how often the government buys these type of drugs.

2 hours ago, 45seconds said:

Are you ******* stupid? What the **** do you mean nothing justifies going to war ? The LITERALLY invaded them. They didn’t like any bears. The bear walked in and started trying to maul them. Get ******* serious. And the West has every obligation to jump to its defense in the event this becomes this is in large part due it then that Putin is invading in the first place. 

lol-sincerely-ciara.gif

7 hours ago, Protocol said:

And I'm very sorry for Ukraine but NOTHING justifies going to war with a nuclear power. 

But... the nuclear power is the one going to war with Ukraine :rip: Also Ukraine literally told Russia in February they would stay out of NATO and Putin invaded anyway. When has this "just let Russia roll all over you" strategy ever worked in the past? 

15 hours ago, Protocol said:

If nuclear blackmail becomes the successful means for imperial conquest then every nation on Earth with the means to do so will initiate their own nuclear weapons program the next day and will work as quickly as possible to secure themselves with their own stockpile.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.