Biden pardoning all federal offenses of marijuana possession

Gui Blackout

Him finally doing something of consequence :clap3:keep going grandpa. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• GhostBox

• Gui Blackout

• Espresso

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not mad at this, finally this demented ghoul snapped :clap3: 

let's hope for descheduling and that state charges are also thrown -OUT :clap3: 

5 hours ago, Communion said:

Sis, I don't think you're even sold on what you're trying to argue here. You outright admit that this only happened due to progressive activists, but... what were those progressives arguing? And what were they threatening to do?

I mean, there were literally moderates on here weeks ago arguing that Biden didn't have the power to do what he just did:

I think this bind to electoralism and fear is what makes liberalism so inefficient as a worldview. 

Instead of focusing on the power of what comes when people threaten to not vote, and recognizing that Democrats should just make the process even easier and do those popular policies without people needing to threaten them, we have people nervously and sheepishly going "okay but even if they at the last minute decide NOT to do it...... everyone is still going to vote... right??? RIGHT????". :deadbanana4:

Of course voting is important... which is why it is the ethical and moral duty for the Democratic party to do everything in its party to support popular progressive policies and the votes will naturally come. Politicians must convince people to vote. That's what a politician is supposed to do as a civil servant. And at that point, it's pointless to still be moaning about people who don't vote (if you want them to vote, give them even better policies!) as opposed to acknowledging and accepting the success of what PROGRESSIVES can get done.

I mean, Biden is one of the most conservative Democrats alive and was part of Obama's admin explicitly because of how conservative he was, and progressivism is so strong now that the threat of young people and POC (the progressive base) not voting in midterms has made him bend the knee and do two EO's that he and moderates were claiming back in 2020 as literally not possible and not within his realm of authority to do.

Student debt forgiveness? Because of progressives.

Pardons and clemency for federal marijuana offenses? Because of progressives.

Beginning the process to de-schedule marijuana? Because of progressives.

I don't know who these progressives are but it sounds like we should just start doing what they say. :oh:

Can you show me exactly where I said Biden couldn't pardon people convicted of a federal crime, like possession of marijuana?

On 10/7/2022 at 1:33 AM, chessguy99 said:

Can you show me exactly where I said Biden couldn't pardon people convicted of a federal crime, like possession of marijuana?

Sis, I'm clearly referencing how you argue *in the very post linked* that the Controlled Substances Act laid out a strict guidance on how the process to re-schedule or de-schedule a drug cannot be initiated via executive order, despite this literally being what Biden has done now in instructing Becerra and Garland to do so.

The choice to de-schedule weed was always Biden's because he is who picks the head of HHS, the AG *and* the DEA Admin, and if Anne Milgram, who he appointed as the DEA Admin a year ago, decides to reject the request to re-schedule marijuana that Becerra will put forward with Garland, it falls on him to replace her and his choice to not do so - and appoint her in the first place - will mean weed legalization failing to happen is because he doesn't want it to be so, not because he lacks the power and authority to see it through.

Edited by Communion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.