Biden pardoning all federal offenses of marijuana possession

Gui Blackout

47 minutes ago, Communion said:

Still time to demand he instruct the appropriate agencies to de-schedule the drug. :clap3:

Seeing as the original student loan plan is going up in flames they might as well :coffee2: 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• GhostBox

• Gui Blackout

• Espresso

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, A Bomb said:

More proof that pressuring these inept politicians works. This would not be possible in a world where liberals have no pushback, and constantly dick ride his presidency :cm: 

Good thing they dont. And us moderates are putting the pressure on him too. It's still better than the alternative tho.

1 minute ago, Espresso said:

Seeing as the original student loan plan is going up in flames it's just as well :coffee2: 

Wait, not the OP burying the lede:

:deadbanana4:

1) I remember moderates saying this was logistically impossible. Looks like progressives are right as always. 

2) Like with the student debt, I'll file this as "Wait and see" as we have to see how the respective agencies will implement his directions. 

Though we find ourselves on opposite ends on student debt. I think it is proven a success with the GOP lawsuits largely having no standing. 

Read about this earlier. Still will never vote for him for a plethora of other reasons but this is still a huge step forward. And this is a bipartisan issue, too, as many republican voters are very much in the favor of the legalization of weed.  

20 minutes ago, A Bomb said:

More proof that pressuring these inept politicians works. This would not be possible in a world where liberals have no pushback, and constantly dick ride his presidency :cm: 

And this is also the reason why having a dem as president even if we don’t agree 100% with them is better than having a Republican presidential.  None of our thoughts or opinions would be given any light of day with them. At least with the Dems persuasion and pushback gets results. 

7 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Good thing they dont. And us moderates are putting the pressure on him too. 

This is where people largely don't have any ideology and view these labels more as identities. Which is fine to admit! Most people are not and shouldn't have to be deep policy analysts! But like sis, come on. 

How did moderates pressure him to do policies that moderates explicitly were against?

And if you feel: "well I'm a moderates and I wasn't against those policies".....maybe you're then not a moderate?

Maybe the word you're looking for is more that you're a "partisan Democrat" versus a "non-partisan Democrat"? Meaning you're more likely to believe Dems are being honest when they say they would love to do progressive policy but their hands are tied and they can't?

Which I could respect, but if you look at what we have now acheiced with student debt....with issues on marijuana....surely at one point it's fine to go "hmm maybe those people who protested for this made some points"? Maybe it works to demand more. Maybe it works to challenge politicians and threaten them. These results are because of people doing just that. If it works, why are you afraid of anyone doing this? Of doing it yourself? Don't you want more out of your life, sis? Don't we the people deserve better?

8 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

And this is also the reason why having a dem as president even if we don’t agree 100% 

This is a nonsense statement because threatening to not vote for Biden got him to make these concessions to begin with. 

If I don't agree with a politician, i'm.gonna demand they move their views closer to mine to earn that vote. And people who did just that are why we are here today. 

What are you so afraid of? Why don't you like winning?

Edited by Communion

Took long enough for the bare minimum :clap3:

34 minutes ago, Harrier said:

Joe a better president than Obama I fear :clap3: Years of progressive activism is paying off in this presidency. I'm glad that electing a democrat did make a difference in the end, as bumpy as its been with Manchin & Sinema.

agreed, biden is doing the job.

A good move :clap3: at best, Democrats got me hopeful they can at least hold the senate. I’ll cast my vote in this election 

16 minutes ago, Communion said:

This is a nonsense statement because threatening to not vote for Biden got him to make these concessions to begin with. 

If I don't agree with a politician, i'm.gonna demand they move their views closer to mine to earn that vote. And people who did just that are why we are here today. 

What are you so afraid of? Why don't you like winning?

I see your point 100%, but I think there is balance to be struck between that pressuring, which has proven effective, and outright going against collective interest. If the democrats lose badly next month despite these efforts at improving Joe's perception with younger voters, the wrong lesson may be learned by the establishment. They might retreat to a more scared, Obama-like presidency. So if anything now is a better time than ever to vote for a democratic party finally moving in the right direction. 

Plus, the age old pragmatism argument still holds weight for me. The Republican party is so horrendous right now it is just too hard to ignore.

Oh wow. Kind of disgusting that this wasn't done any earlier by Biden, or any previous president. How is marijuana still not fully legal? The US is so behind.

2 hours ago, Harrier said:

I see your point 100%, but I think there is balance to be struck between that pressuring, which has proven effective, and outright going against collective interest. If the democrats lose badly next month despite these efforts at improving Joe's perception with younger voters, the wrong lesson may be learned by the establishment. They might retreat to a more scared, Obama-like presidency. So if anything now is a better time than ever to vote for a democratic party finally moving in the right direction. 

Plus, the age old pragmatism argument still holds weight for me. The Republican party is so horrendous right now it is just too hard to ignore.

This is my thoughts exactly. 

It's so insane that you can buy cigarettes and alcohol anywhere no problem, both of which are far more harmful and result in many more deaths, yet weed is illegal in most of America :rip: 

2 hours ago, Harrier said:

I see your point 100%, but I think there is balance to be struck between that pressuring, which has proven effective, and outright going against collective interest.

Sis, I don't think you're even sold on what you're trying to argue here. You outright admit that this only happened due to progressive activists, but... what were those progressives arguing? And what were they threatening to do?

I mean, there were literally moderates on here weeks ago arguing that Biden didn't have the power to do what he just did:

I think this bind to electoralism and fear is what makes liberalism so inefficient as a worldview. 

Instead of focusing on the power of what comes when people threaten to not vote, and recognizing that Democrats should just make the process even easier and do those popular policies without people needing to threaten them, we have people nervously and sheepishly going "okay but even if they at the last minute decide NOT to do it...... everyone is still going to vote... right??? RIGHT????". :deadbanana4:

Of course voting is important... which is why it is the ethical and moral duty for the Democratic party to do everything in its party to support popular progressive policies and the votes will naturally come. Politicians must convince people to vote. That's what a politician is supposed to do as a civil servant. And at that point, it's pointless to still be moaning about people who don't vote (if you want them to vote, give them even better policies!) as opposed to acknowledging and accepting the success of what PROGRESSIVES can get done.

I mean, Biden is one of the most conservative Democrats alive and was part of Obama's admin explicitly because of how conservative he was, and progressivism is so strong now that the threat of young people and POC (the progressive base) not voting in midterms has made him bend the knee and do two EO's that he and moderates were claiming back in 2020 as literally not possible and not within his realm of authority to do.

Student debt forgiveness? Because of progressives.

Pardons and clemency for federal marijuana offenses? Because of progressives.

Beginning the process to de-schedule marijuana? Because of progressives.

I don't know who these progressives are but it sounds like we should just start doing what they say. :oh:

Edited by Communion

Apparently he even went against many Democrats who didnt want this. Dark Brandon is going rogue. :eek: 

1 hour ago, Kamil24 said:

Oh wow. Kind of disgusting that this wasn't done any earlier by Biden, or any previous president. How is marijuana still not fully legal? The US is so behind.

He was holding it in his back pocket specifically in the event OPEC+ tried to intervene with the midterms and spike gas prices to help Republicans win. If not for that, I don't think he'd be making this move as he personally views marijuana as a gateway drug

3 hours ago, i spit on haters said:

Read about this earlier. Still will never vote for him for a plethora of other reasons but this is still a huge step forward. And this is a bipartisan issue, too, as many republican voters are very much in the favor of the legalization of weed.  

Republican voters are in favor but the Republican Senators and Governors are not. They are they ones who pass the state laws. Even many Democratic senators were against this. Biden really said guys its just weed whats the big deal? :clap3: 

1 hour ago, Kamil24 said:

Behind in comparison to whom? Weed is illegal in 3/4th of the world :rip: 

This is a huge step forward and incredibly promising :clap3::clap3: never thought I’d see the day tbh..

This is a huge step for Biden considering he is actually very conservative when it comes to marijuana use. Let’s celebrate a bit. Hopefully Bernie  and AOC continue to annoy him in DC. 
:clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.