Constance Wu: 'FOBT tweets' were due to years of sexual harassment on set

Communion

The producer can take legal recourse if she's lying and if not I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to Constance. All those invested in the narrative that she's rehearsed and embellished all of this can take comfort I guess in that she likely won't ever be a A List star or even B-List. Meanwhile, the larger conversation of the dearth of prominent AA stars will be lost. 

so many hateful people on this site, i am so unsurprised. some of you saying 'well why didn't she say so earlier?' given how hateful some of you are, and how people on twitter have been, gee i wonder why.

Anyway, I just read the book. His behavior does seem inappropriate and gross, even if trolls like the people on this thread would rather attack her. 

Edited by fridayteenage

Let's not forget most of the site's users sided with Depp. I feel sorry for her; I enjoyed the show and didn't know it was a super traumatic time for her. Hope she gets the peace she deserves and maintains strong support to preserve this :emofish:

She should have talked to a publicist before going on a rant on twitter. A bit too late for that now,, given the damage is done. 

8 hours ago, Peep Show said:

Have we really become this fragile?

She burst into tears in 4 different interviews (or more, I stopped counting), it just seems like something she rehearsed, and not like something that's genuinely coming from her heart. She's only coming out with this now cause she got a book to promote, it's all part of the press tour. Again i'm not saying that I don't believe her, but she surely knows how to tell the story to get the most attention out of it.

What would you do if your boss kept repeatedly asking for photos of you, making inappropriate, sexually-driven comments, and even commenting on what attire you should wear to work, and you feared turning them down and asking them to stop would result in losing your job? 

26 minutes ago, Communion said:

What would you do if your boss kept repeatedly asking for photos of you, making inappropriate, sexually-driven comments, and even commenting on what attire you should wear to work, and you feared turning them down and asking them to stop would result in losing your job? 

there's also a groping incident that ends in him talking about how the best part of the show is that now he can eff "whatever aspiring Asian actress I want."

Disgusting comments from the typical misogynists who also support Depp and Pitt. Not surprised in the least.

On 10/5/2022 at 9:28 PM, Nano said:

Comments and a request for pictures are not crimes. Get a grip.

say you're trash without actually saying out... wow

On 10/5/2022 at 4:53 PM, Starfish said:

I want to believe her, but come on... Why is she speaking out now? Why not then? This is just coming off as her playing the victim to fix her image because no one casts her anymore due to her bad attitude. We were living in the Me Too times when she made those tweets. Don't tell me you were afraid to speak up Constance. It just doesn't make sense. 

The ' believe women' crowd will come for anyone who dares to question her and she knows that. She ruined it for everyone. 

Also in the video she says she is done with that chapter of her life. Sure, that's why she goes to multiple talk shows to recite the story her PR person told her to say. You can see it if you watch both videos. 

I feel so embarassed for you reading this post.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.