J.Lo covers Entrepreneurship’s “100 Women of Influence” issue

insomniac

Jennifer Lopez Is Done With 'Happy to Be Here.' She Thinks Latina Entrepreneurs Are Undervalued, So She's Working to Give Them $14 Billion in Loans.

Gratitude has its limits, the superstar has learned. That's a lesson she hopes to impart to the 600,000 Latina entrepreneurs she's working to fund.

Full cover story:

https://www.entrepreneur.com/leadership/jennifer-lopez-is-done-with-happy-to-be-here-she-thinks/435859

At an event at a bookstore in the Bronx, Lopez praised the way financial institutions have rallied around Black women's businesses. But she questioned whether the same support had been given to Latina entrepreneurs. "In front of Goldman Sachs, I said, 'I know you've done this for African American women entrepreneurs. Now how about Latinas?'"

Was this really necessary? :rip:

6 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

I watched her Netflix documentary where she said this, it came across... not very well

12 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Yes it is, they preach inclusivity yet Latinas and Asians aren’t in the picture.

She’s not asking for them to stop the support for black women but for all races. 

28 minutes ago, Oxy said:

Yes it is, they preach inclusivity yet Latinas and Asians aren’t in the picture.

She’s not asking for them to stop the support for black women but for all races. 

:cm: Thank you. That part even said she praised the rallying by financial institutions behind Black owned businesses. She just asked if they can do the same for Latina owned business and she’s being a voice for her community. Now, she’s able to provide $14 Billion in loans through a partnership with them. :clap3: One doesn’t negate the other!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.