The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023) | Chris Pratt | $1.3B WW | Out now on digital

Broken

It also doesn't help that their animation style looks so dated. It's all about modern hand drawn style nowadays like SpiderVerse, The Bad Guys, The Last Wish.

This looks like movies from 10 years ago. Frozen, Shrek 4, etc. 

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• dabunique

• znake

• Da Vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me shut my brain off when I see it on theater :jonnycat:

4 minutes ago, PoKiTaurus said:

It also doesn't help that their animation style looks so dated. It's all about modern hand drawn style nowadays like SpiderVerse, The Bad Guys, The Last Wish.

This looks like movies from 10 years ago. Frozen, Shrek 4, etc. 

+ The Michelles vs. the Machines, Klaus:wanda:

• ATRL Moderator

Nooo :deadbanana4:

I’ll keep an open mind but I really hope Illumination gets it together story-wise. Let’s hope it smashes so they can get another try with the sequel 

Nooo :rip: had such high hopes for this. Will still be seated though.

The only videogame film with positive reviews on metacritic is, like, the tiny indie werewolves within. Not seeing the surprise 

3 minutes ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

Nooo :rip: had such high hopes for this. Will still be seated though.

Better luck next time

super-smash-bros-ultimate-sonic-the-hedg

Spoiler

Who cares tho, even Sonic got mixed reviews and those movies did great.

Spoiler

I expect this to do better than Sonic tho, everything else would be a kii

super-smash-bros-ultimate-sonic-the-hedg

Edited by The Next Day

They will be getting my money either way:rip: If the plot is the problem I’m not bothered since Mario games never really have a good plot anyways :deadbanana4:

This is kind of disappointing. I assumed that with Nintendo's involvement it would have been better than mediocre, though I guess Mario has never had the most depth plot-wise and this movie seems overwhelmingly aimed at kids. Regardless, I'll be seeing it because the animation looks gorgeous.

4 minutes ago, suneclipse121 said:

They will be getting my money either way:rip: If the plot is the problem I’m not bothered since Mario games never really have a good plot anyways :deadbanana4:

The problem is, the games having a thin plot isn't an issue because the stellar gameplay and level design are the main draw. Take that away and......

I kinda see the point but also what exactly did they expect… it’s a children’s movie, and a Mario themed one no less, of course it’s not going to have a super sophisticated plot :rip:

It’ll probably be a success anyway, the visuals look strong and that was obviously the main point. The criticism of it being over reliant on references seems valid though, that vibe definitely seems present in the clips and trailers… it’s very “look, Mario Kart!”, “now they’re platforming!”, “oh wow a fire flower!”. 

Deserved for that pathetic ass excuse for a Mario casting.

spacer.png

Chris Pratt is the blandest Chris in Hollywood right now. Not surprised. Anna Faris did a good job with getting rid of him.

1984738330_Screenshot_20220415-090737268

The excuses already. My Neighbor Totoro is a kids movie with barely any plot and it's an all-timer so what's Mario's excuse :bird:

14 minutes ago, crf13 said:

Perhaps Hollywood will finally learn to stop shoving this beast down our throats

spacer.png

Probably not. He's cheap.

I prefer to see that other movie movie from the better Chris' (Pine), Dungeon Dragons. My friend told me its really good but I'm poor right now so I'm definitely looking forward to watching that instead at some point.

I can't believe they had like 5983693 years to perfect this, and they f+cked it up. It's almost funny. gjshgjsg 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.