Warner Bros. & DC's Black Adam's presale selling is similar to Morbius

Broken

lq2gqqa2qil91.jpg

Yes, this is an official poster.

Black Adam is selling on par with Morbius,  according to presales tracking on BoxOfficeTheory.com:

FeFbwDYWIAErfsQ?format=jpg&name=medium

Accordind to Forbes and other sources, the budget is between $190-200M. Not including marketing costs, ofc.

It's one of the most expensives DC movies.

"The hierarchy of power in the DC Universe is about to change" — Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, 2022.

black-adam-the-rock.gif

Nobody cares about superhero movies anymore, even Marvel is not doing as good as it used to. 

WB burned the DC brand to the ground. The GP has totally abandoned any interest on DC films, except for Batman of course. 

The CGI in this movie looks good but honestly I am not interested. I am not a psycho that wants everything to tie together so I am ok that this story could stand on its own but the clear strategy of throwing everything to the wall and see what sticks is off putting. And the rumor of Superman making a cameo is disgusting, the Snyder cult will be insufferable. 

lmfao at the caption.

Not gonna lie, the only two reasons I would stream this film (in 2023 via HBO Max) are Pierce Brosnan's character whose suit looks really sick, and Noah Centineo cause on those promo pics he looked ******* hot. Deadass.

I don't think this is gonna flop though. But if critics don't like it... it's over. 

25 minutes ago, Venice B said:

Nobody cares about superhero movies anymore, even Marvel is not doing as good as it used to. 

4 out of top 10 highest grossing movies of year are superhero movies, so far. Black Panther 2 will join as well.

Marvel may not be doing as good as it used to, but statement nobody cares about superhero movies is completely 

35 minutes ago, Venice B said:

This is a dumb statement when two films did over 750 million WW.

Yes Marvel isn't hitting a billion easily like before but to say no one cares about superhero movies anymore while 3 of the top 10  highest grossing films of the year are superhero films (out of 4) is a dumb statement.

OT: it's not gonna open big as expected.  But I doubt it'll do Morbius numbers. Most likely around 60-65 million which is typical for the Rock led movies.

But WB messed up releasing this 2 weeks before Black Panther 2.

This is gonna have crap longevity even if it is good. It has to be amazing to have a strong longevity but the trailers put it at meh to decent.

DECU adds another failure to the pile.

5 minutes ago, D/X said:

lmfao at the caption.

Not gonna lie, the only two reasons I would stream this film (in 2023 via HBO Max) are Pierce Brosnan's character whose suit looks really sick, and Noah Centineo cause on those promo pics he looked ******* hot. Deadass.

I don't think this is gonna flop though. But if critics don't like it... it's over. 

i mean critics barely ever like dc universe films. suicide squad/aquaman was huge despite. 

and when they recently did, with the suicide squad, it was a big flop. 

so that's not gonna be the factor.

That poster is awful but not real. Check the tag at the bottom and it’s hard to think of Dwayne as a real superhero but I still am gonna go see it. The poster of him on the throne is awesome. 

The fact that this + don’t worry darling are the only movies WB has the money to release this fall is wild. Is there any Hollywood studio as mismanaged?

3 hours ago, Venice B said:

What are you talking about? The three main entries Spider Man, Thor  and dr  Strange are all either over 1 billion or closing in. 

They wish this would finish around Morbius numbers ($39M OW / $74M DOM $163M WW).

This will at least pull $500M let’s go!!!

I honestly think this will bomb beyond words but I would like to be wrong. 

I think this will bomb which is crazy because when Warner Bros first snatched box office magnet The Rock, I thought this will for sure be massive smash but after seeing trailer, it was so uninteresting.

Still crazy this is getting released after it’s been in development hell for like a decade :deadbanana4:

Don’t think it’s going to smash like an Aquaman like he might hope but I think it’ll still do decently

Edited by mxoonlight

I highly doubt this film is bad like Morbius since everyone could tell Morbius was going to be dogshit. If Black Adam gets positive reviews from critics then it should do well since The Rock's name alone still pulls in good money globally. 

However, I'm pretty sure all of DC is riding on this movie being a success so if it flops entirely I can honestly see the following films just being scrapped and WB  wait until Universal buys them to take everything over. 

I don't think there's much hype for this.

There is the Rock on it..but I do think it wont do as good lol

(although there have been surprised in this franchise, like Aquaman)

the industry doesn't like DC, so critics shitting on this is not surprising

(even if it really may be a bad movie)

the CEO being a right-winger and ruining so much more :dies:

it's like they have a curse on (except Batman, it's such a classic :jonny: )

I’m still gonna see it even tho I admit it looks really average. Dr. Fate is the only thing that really looks amazing. The rock will probably get butts in seats but I have zero faith in DC anymore. I don’t feel like this sole film will change that 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.