• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tropez

• Feanor

• State of Grace.

• Nnnv

One of my local stadiums (we have three major ones in the city), SoFi Stadium teased a bunch of math equations so it pretty much confirms the NA tour is being announced tomorrow.

michael-jackson.gif

14 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

I'd rather be talentless if talent and good music is Ed Sheeran 

michael-jackson.gif

well that the reality of it

6 hours ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

With 2 kids under 5? What a horrible parent

He's got two kids? My gosh, the dads have it easy. If he was a woman he couldn't do this.

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2022 at 2:08 PM, CaptainMusic said:

The fact that you have to compare Ed to a random ATRLer and not his peers says a lot.

He’s a mediocre artist who benefits immensely from being an ugly white straight man, there is nothing impressive or demanding about his terrible music and basic performances. 

So ATRL now claims being ugly is beneficial for a pop star? :deadbanana2:

Tour is where the money is nowadays. Not surprising. 

Damn another album this soon, wish Bruno would learn from him a little bit. I might not be a fan but ATRL does the most when it comes to ED. I mean look at Taylor and all her releases, she's whoring out her fans with the countless releases she's been doing for the last ten years. 

Edited by IVY

Ed Sheeran has revealed he's in the midst of recording a tell-all documentary about his life, and plans to extend his touring schedule to at least 2026.

The music superstar is currently on the worldwide Mathematics Tour in support of his newest record, Equals and with the final album in the quintent - Subtract - scheduled for release early year, the documentary will go behind-the-scenes of Ed's celebrity and his life on the road.

Source

Well it looks like he extended the tour by another year, and there's also a documentary coming soon…

On 10/3/2022 at 2:56 AM, gloamingtheplain said:

Touring until 2025 and missing a lot of the best years of being Dad just to hopefully get the highest grossing solo tour type record is absurd. 

On 10/3/2022 at 4:25 AM, BlueTimberwolf said:

Y’all do realise that just because his tour is extended two more years doesn’t mean he is touring all year round, right? :deadbanana4: The tour is literally going to have 2 legs per year, and it’s likely his wife and children travel with him on tour anyway…

The demonisation of working parents isn’t a good look.

I like how Ed is openly ambitious. He has successful albums, hits and demand for his shows, why not milk it? :michael:

11 hours ago, Miichael said:

Y’all do realise that just because his tour is extended two more years doesn’t mean he is touring all year round, right? :deadbanana4: The tour is literally going to have 2 legs per year, and it’s likely his wife and children travel with him on tour anyway…

The demonisation of working parents isn’t a good look.

There’s a huge difference in doing something because you have to vs doing something to be overly competitive. 

He’s already had a successful tour, he has the opportunity to spend time with his kids. 

We’re not talking about a 9-5 job here, we are talking about weeks/months on end where he won’t see his kids. 

And the only reason why he’s doing it is because he has an obsession with beating records. 

11 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

There’s a huge difference in doing something because you have to vs doing something to be overly competitive. 

He’s already had a successful tour, he has the opportunity to spend time with his kids. 

We’re not talking about a 9-5 job here, we are talking about weeks/months on end where he won’t see his kids. 

And the only reason why he’s doing it is because he has an obsession with beating records. 

Ed loves performing live and already said he wasn't out to beat his gross sales from his previous tour but put on bigger show with 360° rotating stage and have a band for some of it. whatever you want to think about all that, still no need to try and slander him as a bad parent, when he has been very hands on with bringing up his daughters. Ed's wife & young daughters tour with him and rent out a house in a city/country where touring, he doesn't get spend weeks/months away from them, he tries not to spend more than a few days apart at a time whenever can help it. Ed's wife still has her own job, but she can work from home or while away.

Edited by Pop Tartlet

I don't get the bad dad drags. You guys are looking at this in the lens of him being an average dad going on business trips for months on end. Not only can he more than afford to bring his family along with him to every show, he can also afford to fly back and forth constantly if that's not an option. :deadbanana4:

And as others said, the tour isn't non-stop, 365 days a year. It would likely be 2 legs of 2-3 months each a year, and during the other half of the year they have a "normal" home life.

I hate his music and still wouldn't mind going to one of his concerts. I would love to pass by his concert just so I can say I saw him live.

He needs to influence his friend named Taylor to do half as many dates as he does. 

Accoustic album sounds like a flop, so thats nice

Edited by simmnfierzig

*threatens to tour until at least 2026

michael-jackson.gif

5 hours ago, Tremor Christ said:

I hate his music and still wouldn't mind going to one of his concerts. I would love to pass by his concert just so I can say I saw him live.

:bibliahh:

On 10/2/2022 at 10:29 AM, Cocetti said:

He's soon running out of math symbols unless he's going for square root, pi etc :rip:

pi better be a surprise thanksgiving ep. :rofl:

I'm already seeing a teaser video like Katy Perry's "Birthday" lyric video. 

31 minutes ago, ugo said:

is the new album the one recorded with Aaron Dessner and folklore inspired ?

Apparently not. Subtract is an acoustic album that he has been collecting songs for it for years. Or at least thats what we've pieced together with the info we have. The Aaron songs are like 25 tracks they wrote but we don't know where they are going. Maybe some for The National, Big Red Machine or Ed's next LP. From what we know Subtract was finished when he met up with Aaron. 

On 10/3/2022 at 5:25 AM, BlueTimberwolf said:

Taylor literally flew home back each night of the reputation tour so she could sleep in her bed :rip: what makes you think Ed leaves his children behind. Also nowadays you can have 15 shows back to back in a month and call it a leg