At least 182 dead, 200+ injured in Indonesian football fan riot/stampede/response

Vermillion

i mean, some football fans are annoying and unbearable but that was an overreaction for the Police part.. JAIL

One of my friend's brother was one of the victim of this incident. This is truly f*cked up

All the parties involved including the local authorities and the football association need to get FIRED after this. It's embarrassing

Rest in peace to all the victims and my condolences to their family

4 hours ago, Domination said:

The popularity and passion behind this sport is absurd to me.

And that's okay, football fans would think the same about people who praise music artitsts like we do.

We all have different passions, so respect theirs.

What happened here however is absolutely primitive and disgusting.

11 minutes ago, mylicious said:

And that's okay, football fans would think the same about people who praise music artitsts like we do.

Girl, when was the last time people stanning a music artist killed 153 people in one incident (out of several)? Not to mention the annual damage football fans do to public property.

20 minutes ago, Domination said:

Girl, when was the last time people stanning a music artist killed 153 people in one incident (out of several)? Not to mention the annual damage football fans do to public property.

Yes, this comparison is quite strange. 

The casualties at this sporting event speaks to a wider toxic masculinity issue. Men don't understand themselves. This is changing somewhat, especially with the younger generation, but not at a speed that will match where we're headed politically. 

I

Honestly, I CANNOT help but be deeply "radicalized" against the police as an institution the more I read about **** like this.

You are telling me the police had no idea that tear gas use like this would quite literally instantly kill people that have nowhere to go to escape it????

I thought this would just be about football hooliganism - to be clear, it would still be tragic, just a lot less infuriating (given the nature of football fans) and not flagrant mass-murder by the police. I cannot believe the Indonesian police is making FIFA look like saints :deadbanana4:

3 hours ago, Cloröx said:

It seems the death toll has increased to 182 :chick3:

OP updated

Since a long time ago football/soccer is not a sport anymore. IT should be banned worldwide and replaced by tamer sports like swimming or gymnastics. 

5 hours ago, mylicious said:

Absolutely nothing to compare there since music fans never caused mass killings, riots and mass public property damage like football fans do 

This is why I find it so dumb when yall say gays shouldn't be so obsessed with pop girls when these straight savage men are willing to die horrible deaths at a young age in the name of their favorite football club

5 hours ago, elevate said:

Yes, this comparison is quite strange. 

The casualties at this sporting event speaks to a wider toxic masculinity issue. Men don't understand themselves. This is changing somewhat, especially with the younger generation, but not at a speed that will match where we're headed politically. 

Exactly. It's no concidence footballers and their fans are among the most vile and aggressive people you can find. Misogyny and homophobia are also rampant in football. It seems like footbal has become a "safe space" for straight men to let out their most vile and destructive tendencies. 

football fans are absolutely insane, I literally don’t leave the house when there’s a football game in the town nearby

Indonesia foot all team also played violently, their fans also insane. But the incompetent police also responsible for this tragedy.

182 casualties are insane. 

If this happens in the West with 1/5 of the death toll, the media will go crazy with the coverage.

5 hours ago, katara said:

Exactly. It's no concidence footballers and their fans are among the most vile and aggressive people you can find. Misogyny and homophobia are also rampant in football. It seems like footbal has become a "safe space" for straight men to let out their most vile and destructive tendencies. 

This

22 hours ago, ichabe said:

The Indonesian football leader (PSSI), and the local authorities (the leader of police in East Java) should be sentenced to jail! Death to all of them ( what Wendy said). 

ELECTRIC CHAIR!!

23 hours ago, mylicious said:

This is such a disingenuous response :rip: As if sports and in particular football (soccer) fans don't have a long history of violent, aggressive behaviour, homophobia, racism and other things

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.