At least 182 dead, 200+ injured in Indonesian football fan riot/stampede/response

Espresso

It's called football, not soccer. Please fix the title

Are you ******* kidding me? :biblio: All over goddamn soccer? 

Mess. Not another soccer game with mass casualties :rip:

10 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

It's called football, not soccer. Please fix the title

For the record, I'm aware it is outside the States, was just going by first headline of coverage on this in the States when I did a quick post. Also this forum's server is in the States anyways. But it should be football (and I can't stand our sport of football anyways :skull: )

Just changed it :coffee2: 

1 minute ago, onapearl said:

From the original video, it doesn't look that bad until the police start storming the field. Fans going onto the field right after the game seems normal, whereas the police response was a total overreaction and obviously made the situation much worse. 

The response itself killed the vast majority of them

cops always doing everything wrong.  the police is an obsolete institution worldwide

RIP to all the victims ? 

14 minutes ago, Espresso said:

For the record, I'm aware it is outside the States, was just going by first headline of coverage on this in the States when I did a quick post. Also this forum's server is in the States anyways. But it should be football (and I can't stand our sport of football anyways :skull: )

Just changed it :coffee2: 

Thank you! But I am more confused at how police are allowed to act to brutally :deadbanana: who is gonna be responsible and in jail over those deaths?

The popularity and passion behind this sport is absurd to me.

Just now, Bloodflowers. said:

Thank you! But I am more confused at how police are allowed to act to brutally :deadbanana: who is gonna be responsible and in jail over those deaths?

Going by the hypothetical for past punishment for "hooliganism" in Indonesia, no one. They'll imply they had it coming. 

People are so dumb. No wonder I was pretty indifferent until I saw the German shepherd and worried most about its safety. 

This seems to be clear police incompetence, they had absolutely no idea in how to deal with that situation. Such a disproportionate response. And to result in the deaths of 127 people - an unbelievable tragedy. I'm horrified.

Indonesia is a chaotic country but even so I really hope this is taken seriously and those with culpability are actually held responsible

The Indonesian football leader (PSSI), and the local authorities (the leader of police in East Java) should be sentenced to jail! Death to all of them ( what Wendy said). 

At a loss for words, so many people are dead. The most recent news is 182 dead... I’m originally from the same town as this team and it feels like something like this has been a disaster a long time in the making, with problems with both hooligans and police incompetence. 

The club management, the local authorities and the police who were responsible for this disaster all need to go straight to jail, and FIFA should ban Indonesia from football at all levels for a long time so nothing like this ever happens again.

everything related to soccer/football whatever is called is cursed, we must get rid of it

It seems the death toll has increased to 182 :chick3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.