GOP states sue Biden administration over student loan plan

Horizon Flame

The way the GOP are already 0/2 with both lawsuits this week likely to be thrown out due to lack of standing per legal experts. :ahh:

They literally have 0 argument :rip: 

and if some idiot trump judge blocks this, good luck at the elections :bibliahh:

4 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Well, if this doesn't get people to see that they're not on our side, I'm lost as to what will :skull: 

But I was told by many on ATRL that Democrats are just as bad as Republicans or even worse. :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, FightForTanas said:

But I was told by many on ATRL that Democrats are just as bad as Republicans or even worse. :deadbanana2:

Someone said these exact words? Can you link us to these posts? :chick2:

I really hope dems use this as more proof that red states hate their constituents 

53 minutes ago, infrared said:

They literally have 0 argument :rip: 

and if some idiot trump judge blocks this, good luck at the elections :bibliahh:

Exactly. But I could see a trumper judge doing just that. They have no morales these days 

44 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

I mean the Dems do have their issues but in the two party dominated system we have now and will have for a long time the Dems are far away the best option for our country. Even when they don’t do something at first it seems they can be persuaded/pressured to do it. The gop however don’t care about anything except stripping rights away from people. 

56 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

I really hope dems use this as more proof that red states hate their constituents 

Well, considering there are Red States planning to make debt relief recipients have to owe back money in state taxes... you'd think that'd be enough, but the GOP will still be voted back into office extremely comfortably in those places. :katie: 

1 hour ago, GhostBox said:

I mean the Dems do have their issues but in the two party dominated system we have now and will have for a long time the Dems are far away the best option for our country. Even when they don’t do something at first it seems they can be persuaded/pressured to do it. The gop however don’t care about anything except stripping rights away from people. 

Agreed. Every party in every country in the world has its "problems." The comparison here is where every single Democrat is voting for mental health services for kids and every republican is voting against it. The difference cant be any more stark. Anyone supporting the GOP in 2022 is just :deadbanana4:

Edited by FightForTanas

22 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Well, considering there are Red States planning to make debt relief recipients have to owe back money in state taxes... you'd think that'd be enough, but the GOP will still be voted back into office extremely comfortably in those places. :katie: 

Living in Alabama you’re unfortunately all too correct. However I really do think people are starting to notice even here because the GOP lately have been really brazen about their contempt

12 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Living in Alabama you’re unfortunately all too correct. However I really do think people are starting to notice even here because the GOP lately have been really brazen about their contempt

Trust me, I'm one state over so I know how it is exactly :toofunny3:

It's even worse on the opposite side though. Mississippi's residents in Jackson have it way rough, and are showing exactly how brazen the GOP's cruelty is day after day. Snyder ******* over the water in Flint should have been THE sign, but I guess not.

19 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

It's even worse on the opposite side though. Mississippi's residents in Jackson have it way rough, and are showing exactly how brazen the GOP's cruelty is day after day. Snyder ******* over the water in Flint should have been THE sign, but I guess not.

I feel like the Brett Favre thing has honestly been even worse for him

9 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

I feel like the Brett Favre thing has honestly been even worse for him

I mean... I wish, but I feel like as bad as both the water crisis and the Brett Favre thing are, neither has gotten anywhere near the amount of attention, and have mostly been swept under the rug in favor of Royal Family nonsense by the media. :katie: 

:foxaylove3: 

It’s the self sabotage for me

it’s the way the Republicans were stated by many to be winning “everything” for me

it’s the way this thread is only one page and incredibly silent for me 

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

I’m in WV and this is all so true. Everyone here votes for the same people and nothing ever changes for the better. 

The fact that borrowers in Republican-led states have the most student debt and would benefit the most from student loan forgiveness, the cruelty towards their own constituents is something else.

Imagine living in a country where people have to go into debt for the rest of their lives just to attend university :rip:

Europe >>>>>>>>>>

I knew this was going to happen. I just hope undecided voters realize Republicans aren’t here for us. 

Republicans have a valid point on this one. Many state employee pension funds are invested in US government guaranteed loans, like student loans. The states are responsible for these pension funds, so they have a responsibility to fight this. The Biden administration has responded by moving to exclude those loans from the student loan plan. Estimates are up to four percent of borrowers previously qualified may now be excluded. The number is low as the government owns all student loans made since 2010. The administration is searching for other means of loan relief for those effected.

15 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

Well, if this doesn't get people to see that they're not on our side, I'm lost as to what will :skull: 

The GOP base doesn't care, they will cut off their own nose to spite their face. The face being liberals, they just care about winning and owning the libs even at their own expense

16 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

b..b..b..ut republicans and democrats are the same!!!!! 

---

the lengths to which the GOP is going to lose elections is so goddamn strange to me. how are you going to be against something that will help millions of americans and boost the economy? :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.