Do you support hijabs?

Delirious

Do you supoort hijabs?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. And why?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Artistofthedecade said:

Can you explain how it is an opression when woman want to wear it with her own choice? 

It's NOT really a choice when they've been brainwashed since they were born to believe that's what God wants and they're "bad" women if they don't as their "god" tells them. How CAN it be a choice when in many countries the penalty for not wearing a hijab is a fine, prison or even flogging??????? 

The day it's no longer a crime to not wear a hijab in every single country in the world AND men stop brainwashing little girls into believing they're only good in the eyes of God if they wear a hijab or a modesty garment will be day when I truly believe a woman wearing a hijab CHOSE to do so.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• Luckitty

• Communion

• SmittenCake

18 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

It's NOT really a choice when they've been brainwashed since they were born to believe that's what God wants and they're "bad" women if they don't as their "god" tells them. How CAN it be a choice when in many countries the penalty for not wearing a hijab is a fine, prison or even flogging??????? 

The day it's no longer a crime to not wear a hijab in every single country in the world AND men stop brainwashing little girls into believing they're only good in the eyes of God if they wear a hijab or a modesty garment will be day when I truly believe a woman wearing a hijab CHOSE to do so.

Everyone believes something, for different reasons. People wearing hijab because "God tells them" is not different than people going to church or praying multiple times a day because "God tells them" or  "they are taught that they should do". 

Do you also call people who pray as oppressed people? 

This aside, you are generalizing and it is not true that every person who wears hijab or prays regularly do that because they are taught things. I know religious people who chose to be religious when they didn't even born in religious environments. 

I totally agree that there are people who are mentally forced to believe the things they believe but again, why are we calling every religious person oppressed(as the user i quoted were doing) when there a people who chose to believe what they believe without people forcing these ideas to them? 

Depends on if they are wearing it by choice or by force. 

2 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

How many muslim woman(who wears hijab) did you speak with? 

It is true for niqab but headscarf couldn't be more different than habit. It is basically... scarf. 

Can you explain how it is an opression when woman want to wear it with her own choice? 

Their belief in god is oppressing them. Their god says that they cannot show their hair in public. Their hair :rip: 

and yes, I believe all religion is inherently oppressive so I do not support any type of religious wear or behavior. It's pathological 

but I would never be rude to someone or discriminate against them because of their religious beliefs. Let me make that clear. This is just my personal opinion. If someone wants to hide their hair because their god will be offended, then go for it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  It's not my life lol

3 minutes ago, Jagger said:

Their belief in god is oppressing them. Their god says that they cannot show their hair in public. Their hair :rip: 

As you said, that’s their own belief. They choose to believe that, they don't have to. 

Oppression would be someone else forcing them to believe that or force them to cover their hair. 

I agree that it is dumb to call it "freedom" but it is clearly their own choice if they choose to cover their head with their free will. 

16 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

As you said, that’s their own belief. They choose to believe that, they don't have to. 

Oppression would be someone else forcing them to believe that or force them to cover their hair. 

I agree that it is dumb to call it "freedom" but it is clearly their own choice if they choose to cover their head with their free will. 

People DO NOT CHOOSE to believe in those things. Their parents brainwash them into believing all those things (because they were brainwashed themselves by their parents; and the cycle goes on and on and on). And yes, this applies to all religious and all matters of faith.

HOWEVER, praying hurts NOBODY so even if they didn't actually choose to believe that praying works (it doesn't; it's all BS), by praying they aren't hurting anyone. Furthermore, not many people would say "you're not praying enough." For what I've seen, praying is a deeply personal thing and most of them time people do it whenever they feel like it. This is not the case with hijabs and the belief that not wearing them makes them worse in the eyes of their god. 

But don't worry, I am firmly against RELIGIOUS INDOCTRINATION. If an adult wants to believe in a Space Wizard, let them be. But I hate that children are raised believing these fantasies and they're taught all the moral rules in their magic book must be followed to please the Space Wizard or be punished for all eternity. 

Asking a bunch of yt twinks how they “feel about hijabs”…..

2 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

People DO NOT CHOOSE to believe in those things. Their parents brainwash them into believing all those things (because they were brainwashed themselves by their parents; and the cycle goes on and on and on). And yes, this applies to all religious and all matters of faith.

And your source about that is... ? How many Muslim people did you speak with? How many of their parents were religious? What about religious people who didn't have religious parents? They exist. What about them? 

Again, some people choose to believe by their free will. Just like you choose to believe every religious people are religious because of their parents. 

5 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

HOWEVER, praying hurts NOBODY

And someone covering her hair does? 

1 hour ago, carpetbeetle said:

And everyone here made very good points. 

1 hour ago, carpetbeetle said:

Do you have an argument? 

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Do you have an argument? 

Right? Like dont be so dense. :bibliahh:

The OP is clearly uneducated on this topic and his choice of words and manner in which he speaks comes across as dumb and ‘NO YOU WILL ACCEPT THAT ISLAM IS POISON AND YOU WILL ACCEPT THE WEST IS SUPERIOR HUNNYYYYY!!!’ so weird and obsessive. WHY do you care? :deadbanana4:

46 minutes ago, Love Again said:

The OP is clearly uneducated on this topic and his choice of words and manner in which he speaks comes across as dumb and ‘NO YOU WILL ACCEPT THAT ISLAM IS POISON AND YOU WILL ACCEPT THE WEST IS SUPERIOR HUNNYYYYY!!!’ so weird and obsessive. WHY do you care? :deadbanana4:

When the **** did I say the West is superior? You're lying through your teeth at this point. :bibliahh:

Maybe before calling someone uneducated on a topic, you should start reading first aka the basics instead of making up stupid theories.

It's embarrassing at this point on how many user's try to harrass me and make up dumb stupid false accusations just for my differing opinion on a RELIGION.

And the worst part is the majority of those who call me out are very very problematic individuals. :bibliahh:

Like I said, it's like calling the pot calling the kettle black.

You're just mad that the majority voted 'no'. That's too bad. It's not my fault. Use your anger and fustration somewhere else jesus. :)

I support every women's right to wear it if they want to. 

Do I agree with the ideology behind it? Not really. The idea that women need to protect themselves from other men just stems from misogyny.

if it is, fully and without any pretense, their COMPLETELY own choice, then of course they should be able to wear what they want!

however, if they are being forced to wear something, that perpetuates the sexist hegemony that is SO antiquated and horrible. one should absolutely be able to express one’s own religion on one’s own terms. not the terms of someone else, constantly oppressing 

so it’s not really a “yes/no” question. it’s far more complex

oh and also my mom grew up in an orthodox jewish family, and i feel the same way^ about head coverings

lemme be clear though: everyone should have the choice for their own bodies. i’m in no way trying to police what someone should or shouldn’t wear, i’m just giving my two cents from my moral compass

21 hours ago, Midnights said:

No because it dries out your hair.

:deadbanana4:

On 10/3/2022 at 8:05 PM, carpetbeetle said:

But I'm sure a vast majority of Muslim women have feelings about gay people :rip: 

This thread :rip:

OT: No 

On 9/29/2022 at 6:48 AM, Mitsouko said:

It doesn't feel right to support someone's choice to be a second class citizen. You do you tho

you kinda snapped 

ezgif-4-264ba02868.gif

Edited by Alyssa Edwards

from a feminist and theological perspective, no they make no sense. 

However if you just look at them as a piece of clothing then yes i support women and nonbinary people's choice in dressing however they want (even in this case when they are unknowingly or not participating and enabling an archaic form of sexism) 

29 minutes ago, CBC said:

They look ugly as **** but you do you sistah

omg someone's gonna report you for this we- :deadbanana:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.