• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• Luckitty

• Communion

• SmittenCake

OBVIOUSLY I don't. Hijabs are a to to oppress and subjugate women.

Even if a woman WANTS to wear it, it's because she was brainwashed by the society/community she grew up in, so her decision doesn't come from a place of ACTUAL FREEDOM but from a place of not even realizing she's being oppressed by a patriarchal society.

Sure? They're just head coverings. Funny how y'all call hijabs "oppressive" when it comes to Muslim women, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone make a ruckus about Catholic nuns wearing similar head coverings. :skull:

1 hour ago, Sugar-Rush said:

Sure? They're just head coverings. Funny how y'all call hijabs "oppressive" when it comes to Muslim women, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone make a ruckus about Catholic nuns wearing similar head coverings. :skull:

Because no men shame, kill Catholic nuns or force them to wear it...I thought this was obvious? :deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, Sugar-Rush said:

The Catholic head coverings are ridiculous too. 

On 9/28/2022 at 2:27 PM, Communion said:

Do I personally understand why someone would feel a spiritual need to wear modestly garments like these?

e9751ee4d213de8129d0da613269ca42--hijab-

Truth be told, no. 

Do I still support someone's right to want to wear one even if I don't understand it? Of course. 

End of thread.

Batman looking nuns are hilarious, but they don’t get killed if they take the outfit off.

5 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Batman looking nuns are hilarious, but they don’t get killed if they take the outfit off.

This is where the nuance kicks in. In certain parts of the world, taking off the head covering can land you in jail so it's hard to fully accept it. At the same time, it's not the head covering that's the issue there, it's the religious men in power. If you want to wear the head scarf because it's important to you, then so be it. 

yes of course. it's should be a woman's choice of what she wears in support of religion.  what I'm against is it not being her choice, and male family members forcing women to wear hijabs or burqa's out of misogyny disguised as modesty. 

Catholic nuns wearing similar head coverings. :skull:

this is conveniently ignored when the nuns wear the head coverings for the same reason

On 9/28/2022 at 8:07 PM, Bloodflowers. said:

Yes and no

Yes because of freedom of choice, no because personally I don't support sexist ideology behind it, and I oppose religion ideology in general

facts

57 minutes ago, thetea said:

this is conveniently ignored when the nuns wear the head coverings for the same reason

most nuns don't wear them when out in public, and just look like any other woman - you wouldn't even know it's a nun lol, because they are not forced to wear it - it really originates to when all women were forced to wear head coverings in church (which is equally as ridiculous as hijabs), but luckily that is a thing of the distant past. 

4 hours ago, Sugar-Rush said:

Pretty weak argument. Lay women are forced to wear veils in many countries. Nuns aren't lay, the comparison is nonsensical.

Everyone's like but- but- what about -

NO. What about? NO. The topic is about the anti-hijab protests.

No point in bringing other issues to the topic especially when yall try to get a 'gotcha' moment but end up failing. :cm::)

1 hour ago, Delirious said:

Everyone's like but- but- what about -

NO. What about? NO. The topic is about the anti-hijab protests.

No point in bringing other issues to the topic especially when yall try to get a 'gotcha' moment but end up failing. :cm::)

You are so uneducated about this topic & these protests that at this point, I can’t help but laugh :priceless:

The women in Iran aren’t protesting against the hijab. The women in Iran are protesting against Article 638 of the Iranian Penal Code, which states women who don’t wear hijab are subjected to various fines and or/penalties.

They’re not fighting against the hijab. They’re fighting against the mandatory wearing of the hijab, enforced by the government.

There’s a BIG different between “anti-hijab” protest & “anti-compulsory wearing of hijab” protest

Edited by LookinAssHittas

4 minutes ago, LookinAssHittas said:

You are so uneducated about this topic & these protests that at this point, I can’t help but laugh :priceless:

The women in Iran aren’t protesting against the hijab. The women in Iran are protesting against Article 638 of the Iranian Penal Code, which states women who don’t wear hijab are subjected to various fines and or/penalties.

They’re not fighting against the hijab. They’re fighting against the mandatory wearing of the hijab, enforced by the government.

There’s a BIG different between “anti-hijab” protest & “anti-compulsory wearing of hijab” protest

You think I don't know that? Ofc I do. But like I said before, freedom and the hijab go hand in hand with eachother for the protest. If there was no hjiab then there would be no protests. One leads to the other so ofcourse theyre going to be related to eachother. Stop deflecting the issue at hand but anyways Why are you getting so heated just because i called it the 'anti-hijab' protests?

Literally everyone is calling it that. Anyways argue with https://www.reddit.com/r/exmuslim/ users who were actually muslim as they all say it's called the 'anti-hijab' protests.

10 hours ago, Sugar-Rush said:

The nuns represent their religious institutions, nothing more. Instead, women with hijab or niqab want to be a part of the society. And here's when they get all the attention. If you go dressed as a nun to a job interview ''outisde the religious institutions'', no one will take you seriously for the job, NO WAY. So don’t be surprised if almost no one hires a woman wearing islamic clothes in the west.  

There are countries that have fought wars to separate religious laws and symbols from their government institutions, women with islamic symbols should be no different. But, like I said before in this thread, the conflict is not with those who wear it for prayer or even the old generation of muslim women, but it is with the new generation who want to introduce their religious influence into a society where that type of influence has no place.

Edited by A.R.L

No but if you want to be oppressed by religion and call it "freedom" or "choice" then who am I to stop you? ?

The way you got dragged for this piss poor analogy :lmao: 

On 9/28/2022 at 8:07 PM, Bloodflowers. said:

Yes and no

Yes because of freedom of choice, no because personally I don't support sexist ideology behind it, and I oppose religion ideology in general

This is the STUPIDEST argument I've seen in defense of hijabs. 

Only women who CHOOSE to BECOME nuns are asked to wear a head covering. Not even the most Catholic country would force LAY WOMEN to cover their heads. That's the difference. Pretending like both situations are the same is extremely disingenuous.

On 9/30/2022 at 3:29 PM, Gorgeous said:

No woman would choose such a denigrating piece of clothing if they had all the right knowledge and points of view that they were deprived from since they were born. 

How many muslim woman(who wears hijab) did you speak with? 

1 hour ago, A.R.L said:

The nuns represent their religious institutions, nothing more. Instead, women with hijab or niqab want to be a part of the society. And here's when they get all the attention. If you go dressed as a nun to a job interview ''outisde the religious institutions'', no one will take you seriously for the job, NO WAY. So don’t be surprised if almost no one hires a woman wearing islamic clothes in the west.

It is true for niqab but headscarf couldn't be more different than habit. It is basically... scarf. 

46 minutes ago, Jagger said:

No but if you want to be oppressed by religion and call it "freedom" or "choice" then who am I to stop you? ?

Can you explain how it is an opression when woman want to wear it with her own choice? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.