Do you support hijabs?

Delirious

Do you supoort hijabs?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. And why?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

and those iranian women you claim to support have been saying that their protests are NOT an attack on hijab and islam, they're about choice but bigots like you are trying to shift the narrative

in fact a huge amount of the protestors were hijabis themselves

not you acting like you're not an islamophobe when multiple of your threads got closed by mods because of islamophobia, literally 90% of islamophobic threads are made by you, it's giving OIH (Obsessed Islam Hater)

you wanting to ban hijabs is literally the most obvious example of islamophobia, it's giving colonizer energy

First of all, i asked receipts for us being racist but you havent provided them twice.

Second of all, ive only had ONE thread closed. And remember criticizing religion =/ islamaphobia.

I never said to ban hijabs, where did i say that? Stop making things up. Youre   Literally making up scenarios left and right which do not exist and its embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

"Do you support hijab"

"no"

a dog whistle for islamophobes

what is there to support or not support? what dumb thread will you make next? "Do you support women wearing jeans?" "should women breathe?" ?

like literally why are you so bothered by what other people are wearing or doing? 

Theres a huge difference between those. One is a not a choice for a lot of women, the others are all choices. Once again screaming 'islamaphobe' when you dont have anything else to say or prove.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• Luckitty

• Communion

• SmittenCake

no. it isn't required by islam but invented by the patriarchy to oppress women.

1 minute ago, Delirious said:

I never said to ban hijabs, where did i say that? Stop making things up. Youre   Literally making up scenarios left and right which do not exist and its embarrassing

If you don't support hijabs what does that mean then???

2 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Theres a huge difference between those. One is a not a choice for a lot of women, the others are all choices. Once again screaming 'islamaphobe' when you dont have anything else to say or prove.

not you trying to gaslight an entire thread, why are YOU "criticizing" hijabs in the first place?

do you also "criticize" christian head covering? jewish head covering? buddhist robes? sikhs pagris? kippah? jewish haredi burqa?

I support hijabs if the prospective wearer wants to wear them, and I don't think unless you are a Muslim woman, you should have a say in whether they wear them or not. 

Any measure to police a woman's wish to wear OR not wear them is policing their bodily autonomy and how they practice their religion, which is unacceptable. 

Edited by Obsession

5 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

If you don't support hijabs what does that mean then???

not you trying to gaslight an entire thread, why are YOU "criticizing" hijabs in the first place?

do you also "criticize" christian head covering? jewish head covering? buddhist robes? sikhs pagris? kippah? jewish haredi burqa?

Remember HadisNajafi, MahsaAmini and hundreds of other women who have died under the reign of the Iranian government. They were fighting for their freedom. Do not let this movement and their deaths go to waste. They fought strongly and bravely for a reason.

Im honestly so sick and tired of people who gaslight you and scream 'islamphobe' when youre criticizing islam. Nothing will change my opinion and you shouting that at me wont change my opinion.

1 minute ago, Delirious said:

Remember HadisNajafi, MahsaAmini and hundreds of other women who have died under the reign of the Iranian government. They were fighting for their freedom. Do not let this movement and their deaths go to waste. They fought strongly and bravely for a reason.

and instead of blaming the iranian government you're blaming the hijab..

way to let their deaths go to waste

Just now, Delirious said:

Im honestly so sick and tired of people who gaslight you and scream 'islamphobe' when youre criticizing islam. Nothing will change my opinion and you shouting that at me wont change my opinion.

we know you won't change your opinion, you have been very consistent with your islamophobic posts and I can't wait to call you out again on your next islamophobic thread :hippo:

2 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

and instead of blaming the iranian government you're blaming the hijab..

way to let their deaths go to waste

Just now, Luckitty said:

we know you won't change your opinion, you have been very consistent with your islamophobic posts and I can't wait to call you out again on your next islamophobic thread :hippo:

Go ahead and continue spreading your lies and fantasty-land accusations. I cant wait to keep making threads about Islam and other religions. :heart:

• ATRL Moderator

It's pretty easy to see that women are protesting their lack of ability to choose, not the hijab itself.  That's why you had protests in Europe about women not being able to wear the hijab if they want.

I just don't understand why it's hard for anyone to just leave the decision to the women themselves.  

I support women CHOOSING to wear (or not wear) whatever they want to.

OP's history and obsession with Islam is concerning. Considering they've said plenty of Islamaphobic things.

OT: People should choose to wear whatever they want. But the options listed in the poll are purposely shorten down to just "yes" and "no" just to be intentionally dense and intellectually dishonest.  

11 hours ago, ToMmY said:

I support the right to not get killed for not wearing one.

This.

1 hour ago, khalyan said:

It's pretty easy to see that women are protesting their lack of ability to choose, not the hijab itself.  That's why you had protests in Europe about women not being able to wear the hijab if they want.

I just don't understand why it's hard for anyone to just leave the decision to the women themselves.  

I have said multiple times that women should have the freedom to wear whatever they want and I support that fully.

45 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

OP's history and obsession with Islam is concerning. Considering they've said plenty of Islamaphobic things.

OT: People should choose to wear whatever they want. But the options listed in the poll are purposely shorten down to just "yes" and "no" just to be intentionally dense and intellectually dishonest.  

Plenty of islamaphobic things like what?

Aren't you the user that hates Chinese people and makes threads about them 24/7? Oh right you are. The audacity to call me out for making threads about islam lol. The absolute irony of it all. :cm::bibliahh:

Let people wear what they want to wear, it's not rocket science.

1 hour ago, Delirious said:

Plenty of islamaphobic things like what?

You've literally gone on record defending hate crimes against Islam and generalizing/demonizing the entire religion. It's honestly unsettling how obsessed you are with Islam.

Btw all major news sources are calling it the anti-hijab protest so if you want to continue arguing that its not about the hijab, you can argue to the news sources instead! ❤️ Its about choice mainly but also about the hijab. 

3 minutes ago, Jotham said:

Let people wear what they want to wear, it's not rocket science.

You've literally gone on record defending hate crimes against Islam and generalizing/demonizing the entire religion. It's honestly unsettling how obsessed you are with Islam.

I want receipts. 

I love it when i ask for receipts and they never reply.

You say Im a racist, ok where?

You said that i wanted to ban hijabs. Ok where?

You said Im an islamaphobe, Show me where.

You say im defending hate crimes against islam.

Where? Where are the receipts? Il be waiting here for them. :bibliahh:

And the audacity of that user to say Im obsessed with islam when i have receipts of them posting about Chinese people all the time and even a thread which they made to specfically attack Chinese people. I have to LAUGH.

13 minutes ago, Delirious said:

I love it when i ask for receipts and they never reply.

You say Im a racist, ok where?

You said that i wanted to ban hijabs. Ok where?

You said Im an islamaphobe, Show me where.

You say im defending hate crimes against islam.

Where? Where are the receipts? Il be waiting here for them. :bibliahh:

And the audacity of that user to say Im obsessed with islam when i have receipts of them posting about Chinese people all the time and even a thread which they made to specfically attack Chinese people. I have to LAUGH.

Here’s your receipts

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/408056-canadian-muslim-says-gays-should-all-be-executed/

The mods have removed your thread from 2 months ago, but I remember you were in the thread trying to prove that ALL Canadian Muslims want gays to be executed, even tho the opinion of the one Canadian Muslim in the Twitter video you posted in the OP does not represent the viewpoint of all Canadian Muslims

You clearly harbour some sort of Islamophobic sentiments, so I really don’t know why you’re surprised people are calling you out for your Islamophobia :priceless: you’re pathetic

ATRL user @Delirious in this thread: “I’m not Islamophobic, I swear!!111!!!1!”

Also ATRL user @Delirious 2 months ago:

“Looks like Islam will never be accepting of gays or women. If you are LGBTQ and still support Islam, think again because this is literally What the majority of them want. They want every country to be ruled under sharia law.”

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://atrl.net/forums/topic/408056-canadian-muslim-says-gays-should-all-be-executed/

spacer.png

:cm:

2 hours ago, Delirious said:

Aren't you the user that hates Chinese people and makes threads about them 24/7? Oh right you are

Usually when people make such outlandish claims like this, they provide concrete evidence to backup their statements. In this case you are unable to due to the fact that this sentiment is a lie and an attack on my character and because of this I will be reporting you to ATRL authorities. I've never shown hatred or disdain for Chinese people or people of different races/ethnicities/backgrounds. To say such an abhorrent thing about me to crutch yourself does you no favors. I've only shared my concerns for the authoritarian Chinese government that is oppressing Muslims and running concentration camps and engaging in geocide while people here gleefully share their love for the rouge regime. People have called you out on your racism and Islamaphobia, you are mad, and this is how you choose to retaliate. 

7 hours ago, Luckitty said:

the protests are not about the hijab itself, it's about choice

but not surprised your islamophobic ass & other islamophobes are trying to make it seem like it's "anti hijab"

It's never about choice anymore. It goes beyond than that. Iranians are literally trying to get rid of the Islamic regime in their country which didn't exist until 1980.

I voted no, because I do not support forced hijabs; whether its the government telling you to wear it or pressure from your family

I'm queer so policing someone's wardrobe feels highly uncomfortable and wrong to me.

When it comes to hijab, I understand its sexist history and mandating it is of course wrong, but if a person makes an informed decision and decides that's how they want to present themselves then it's not my place to tell them no.

The outrage in Iran is because the garment is mandatory, it's basically a dystopian gender uniform. But saying people should be banned fro wearing it is the opposite extreme and also wrong in my opinion.

1 hour ago, LookinAssHittas said:

ATRL user @Delirious in this thread: “I’m not Islamophobic, I swear!!111!!!1!”

Also ATRL user @Delirious 2 months ago:

“Looks like Islam will never be accepting of gays or women. If you are LGBTQ and still support Islam, think again because this is literally What the majority of them want. They want every country to be ruled under sharia law.”

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://atrl.net/forums/topic/408056-canadian-muslim-says-gays-should-all-be-executed/

spacer.png

:cm:

First of all the concept of ‘Islamaphobia’ is ridiculous and conceived to shield the religion from any valid criticism. Islam is an ideology stringed together by certain beliefs. Being against such beliefs, like homosexuals being thrown off rooftops, does not mean you have an “irrational fear” of the religion. 

Second of all, what the user said  

is not ‘islamaphobic’. He formed an opinion based on what many Muslims express. Instead of wasting your energy calling out people who rightfully criticize the religion, you should start evaluating why such hateful and dangerous beliefs are prevalent with many Muslims today.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.