Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) | Ryan Reynolds & Hugh Jackman | Now Playing

Lovett

On 7/26/2024 at 11:28 AM, BOOMBAYAH said:

There were so many gay jokes? And I'm not saying that in an "I'm offended way" but literally 50% of the humour in this film was gay jokes or homoerotica, it caught me off guard a bit lol. 

The whole thing felt super gay to me tbh. Probably because of the leads. 

• Haha 1

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• Broken

• ainadalkaz

• Lovett

I'll wait till Monday to talk about spoilers. But OMFG these action fights are so crazy Good. I wanna see it again just for them. 

The

Spoiler

Elektra

cameo did not disappoint!! :smitten:

• Like 3

I was shocked to see

Spoiler

Blade. But did he even show his vampire fangs? I don't remember seeing his teeth or his signature sword he usually uses.

• Like 1

Insane, 7 out of 9 cinemas in the biggest mall in our city are all showing deadpool. :jonny6:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Daddy said:

The whole thing felt super gay to me tbh. Probably because of the leads. 

It's mostly because Deadpool is bi or fluid and Ryan plays that game with his portrayal of Deadpool, very tongue and cheek and gay baiting, and also because he knows that there's a gay market for this films and that's why there's a few drool scenes of shirtless Wolverine (he was so sexy here).

Highest opening days of all time US #BoxOffice
#Endgame 157.5M
#NoWayHome 121.5M
#TheForceAwakens 119.1M
#InfinityWar 106.3M
#TheLastJedi 104.7M
#DeadpoolAndWolverine 96M
#HarryPotterAndTheDeathlyHollowsPart2 91.1M
#MultiverseOfMadness 90.7M
#TheRiseOfSkywalker 89.6M
#AgeOfUltron 84.4M

Eyeing a 200M-230M 3-day opening weekend
:wanda: Did Marvel just reset the timeline… a week ago the internet said Marvel was Dead. Damn, what a comeback Week.

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

Spoiler

ELEKTRA!!!!

• Like 2

WE ARE EVEN MORE BACK THAN YESTERDAY :WAP:

• Like 2

It keeps Over Performing:jonny5:

its now one of the biggest opening weeks of All Time! And it will have Legs. 1 Billion is practically a given now. I think it will end with 1.3 Billionish 

Just saw it today and loved it. Hugh looked so hot it actually makes me want to see him stay. :jonny5:

Spoiler

MOTHER Elektra delivered as expected. Idc for Channing as Gambit nor that abuser as Blade.

Also Henry's cameo was slightly embarrassing it felt like they were laughing at him and not with him. I was shocked his agent would agree to that but then again he doesn't have much of a career left. :rip:

• Haha 3

The intro with him dancing to Bye Bye Bye stays rent free in my mind everyday for some fckking reason. :WAP:

Madonna's Deadpool & Wolverine did that :clap3:

• Like 2

Madonna not allowing Like a Prayer on the soundtrack is just... :rip: its the most memorable song choice in the movie besides Bye Bye Bye

predictions for 2nd weekend drop? :mandown: i'm guessing around 50-55%

I saw it last night and it was ******* fantastic!!!

I knew it was coming, but the cameo by the underrated queen mother 

Spoiler

ELEKTRA

FLOORED me! My gay heart was jumping around, because the original movie by her is sooo slept on. She was so hot! 

I also SCREAMED when it was revealed that 

Spoiler

Chris Evans

came back as 

Spoiler

Johnny Storm

and not as 

Spoiler

Captain America!

I literally screamed out loud! 

So many great cameos, so many great lines and inside jokes! And the post credits scene with Deadpool exposing 

Spoiler

Johnny Storm's 

lies was hilarious!!

Go watch it NOW! 

• Like 2

10/10 soundtrack 

10/10 VFX

10/10 action scenes 

11/10 dance scene 

10/10 cameos 

• Like 2

Just like that and we're back, Bruh

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ALA said:

Madonna not allowing Like a Prayer on the soundtrack is just... :rip: its the most memorable song choice in the movie besides Bye Bye Bye

What is wrong with her :biblio:

midroll credit scene

Spoiler

this scene was genuinely corny as hell and was made worse by the fact that the majority of these characters were not in the movie in any capacity. for a movie that was "celebrating" the fox xmen movies, every aspect of those original films felt tertiary to the D&W. at least wesley snipes had a cool moment in the movie i guess. 

I found D&W extremely irritating but I'm happy Hugh Jackman will be around to share the success of the MCU finally after years of being one of the most iconic characters in 21st century cinema. I didn't even hate this movie that much, but I feel nothing but 'meh' after watching it. I still can't believe how cheap a lot of this movie looked, especially considering how much they shot on location... The scene that used like a prayer looked laughably bad, especially bc it was clearly shot on a mix of bluescreen and shitty city backlot that was no more than a block. It looked like Diagon Alley at Universal Studios got put onto film, which in theory sounds good but ends up looking cold and vacuous onscreen. For all of the **** No Way Home got, the story was a lot stronger and bolstered by multiple performances that elevated it. Every cast member stepped up for that movie and gave their best performances (besides Cumberbatch) as those characters to date. Jackman was able to do what he could with his role but it feels like Deadpool has gone through the same arc in every movie. Also the TVA angle was fine to push them into the MCU but felt lackluster. The set looked very bad (especially compared to Loki), and Paradox was barely given anything to work with as a villain. If you like Marvel movies this is obviously worth watching but I still feel very cold after seeing it. It'll be worth it for the inevitable slow intro and crowd clap moment in Secret Wars that's coming in 3 years I guess. 

• Like 2

Omg! When I saw 

Spoiler

ELEKTRA

I screamed!!!!  
Wasn't expecting that at all!

im back on the marvel ship. Please don't mess it up Marvel! 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.