Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) | Ryan Reynolds & Hugh Jackman | Now Playing

Lovett

Hm... some thoughts.

No surprise Hugh Jackman was fantastic. I think the story and other elements were eh but overall it was enjoyable. 

was expecting the cameos to be more X-Men. My theater paid Elektra dust

:biblio: she looked great as well as Wesley Snipes but Idk if I'd say they serviced the story well. Channing as Gambit was funny/cool to see. Henry as Wolverine was :jonny2:and Chris Evans looked great, he looks better with facial hair

last trailer was a mistake!! Seeing x23 without knowing would have been awesome

• Like 4

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• Broken

• ainadalkaz

• Lovett

I absolutely loved this. No notes. I'm so happy. I was shocked by the cameos in the best way, that was a plot twist in itself 

• Like 1

About to watch this today :hippo:

On 7/24/2024 at 11:24 PM, X~MoviePoP said:
  Hide contents

Is storm in the movie???

Nope :(

Seems like no one here cares about the cameo of 

Spoiler

Henry Cavill 

:toofunny2:

• Like 3

Seeing this tomorrow with my best friends :hippo:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jude said:

Seems like no one here cares about the cameo of 

Hide contents

Henry Cavill 

:toofunny2:

I loved it! One of the biggest surprises to me.

Amazing movie, as someone who grew up watching the X-men movies when they first came out this movie was amazing to me. Loved every second of it.

• Like 1

I've loved the X-Men since I was a kid and I'm so freaking happy that they finally joined the MCU, I've been waiting for it almost 20 years lol

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Damn.

It's still at 97% after 1000+ reviews.

• Like 1

I wish they would have gave Collases and Nega Sonic Teenage warhead lol more to do tho. 

• Like 1

It feels like Ryan was reading marvel reddits while making this movie, the way he hit every point:jonny6: Like damn, even as a Stan I didn't expect them to drag us while still giving us everything we wanted 

Spoiler

Except for the actual X-Men💀 Grace said they were in the original script but removed. Fiege confirmed he is keeping Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in the MCU for a while. So I still think the original X-men variants will arrive in the avengers movie via TVA

My thoughts: score 7.5/10 or B+ 

Spoiler

It was pure fan service and craziness, the TVA + Paradox plot were so messy and overall it was the weakest part of the plot, it felt weird to give them so much attention and not even mention Loki.

Hugh was so hot, with the mask and the suit and shirtless, the hottest he has ever looked, but he does look kinda old now.

The cameos were cute, although they were mostly C-list characters, Elektra looked buff! And Gambit felt kinda lame? The X-men villains were good to se but they barely did anything, at least Pyro and Juggernaut had something to do. Cassandra was good but kinda wasted, she really felt powerful and threatening.

Deadpool's friends should have joined the final fight vs the Deadpools, they only had scenes in the kitchen, but Colossus, Shatterstar and Nega would have been cool to see or at least Logan interacting with Colossus. The hundred Deadpools were kinda a gimmick, they didn't add anything to the plot and at the end they didn't add something of substance Ladypool 💀 sweetie.

The Logan variants were cool to see, especially I was not expecting to see Henry, he should have been wearing the suit or shirtless just for the sake of it, Ryan knows that the audience wants.

Overall it was a 7.5/10 and it's that high because of the cameos and Logan variants, the TVA and Deadpool plot felt silly and the jokes were kinda repetitive and very high schoolish, kinda the same James Gunn humor with Peacemaker and TSS.

Edited by Dark Phoenix
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Broken said:

AAAAAHHHHH

k0iAS1Y.gif

Over performing :wanda: 

it's gonna Beat Multiverse of Madness's numbers 

It was ok, I didn't go in with high hopes, but it was entertaining and just fun. :hippo:

Oh I'm glad I saw the movie before they literally spoiled the cameos with the comic con panel :deadbanana4:

Edited by ALA
  • Haha 1

Spoiler

Gambit was fun..i loved his accent. Elektra was EPIC. She is what DC's wonder woman needs to look like body wise..her arms were so buff. 

But other than that..the cameos were mid and they should of brought in another core xmen like jean or storm or scott

Movie was a 7/10

Saw this last night and absolutely loved it, not a bad note :clap3:

B+ , the story was way too messy. But everyone carried the story so hard. Cassandra Nova slayed!!! 

Spoiler

I want her to stay in MCU

Edited by XAMJ
  • Like 2

It's Rising too! Smash Hit confirmed 2.5K Reviews already:loki:

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

Just came back and it was FUN. Hugh is the best part, he can really go from serious to violent to humor with ease. Ryan is just not as talented no shade. Also loved Emma. 

• Like 1

There were so many gay jokes? And I'm not saying that in an "I'm offended way" but literally 50% of the humour in this film was gay jokes or homoerotica, it caught me off guard a bit lol. 

Why is Like a Prayer not on the official soundtrack? Kinda weird.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.