Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) | Ryan Reynolds & Hugh Jackman | Now Playing

Lovett

saw this yesterday and i was soo happy :jonny5:the cameos, I didn't expect. Like, all of them :jonny5: Such a fun movie. 

And I feel like the villain was a great villain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• Broken

• ainadalkaz

• Lovett

8.3 on IMDb :duca:.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt6263850/

Highest-rated superhero movies on IMDb:

9.0 - Dark Knight

8.6 - Across the Spider-Verse

8 4 - Into the Spider-Verse, Infinity War, Endgame, Dark Knight Rises, Joker

8.3 - Deadpool & Wolverine

8.2 - No Way Home, Batman Begins,

8.1 - Logan

8.0 - Avengers 1, Guardians 1, Deadpool 1, Incredibles 1

Edited by Broken
  • Like 1

The movie was freaking amazing, y'all. I am not a huge fan of the Avengers and all their movies, but I would for sure put this movie as one of the best superheroes/action movies ever, at least top 5. 

I would say that going spoiler free for the cameos and all is the way to go. 

I will, for sure, watch it again next week haha.

• Thanks 2

Just came home from watching it with my best friend and it was awsome. Not a single dull moment

• Thanks 3

I loved the movie. The plot was kind of the samey mid Marvel storyline but they pulled no stops to make up for it.

Spoiler

Cameo spoilers

Spoiler

The WAY everyone were gagged by Chris Evans as Captain America, only to be gagged even further when he revealed himself as Human Torch :jonnycat: Blade showing up was also a big face crack since Wesley Snipes and Ryan Reynolds had a rocky past

Edited by Mr. Peanutbutter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Probably the most hilarious of the 3 :bibliahh:

Spoiler

The GASPS when Chris Evans showed up :deadbanana4: the Bye Bye Bye opening :deadbanana4: the close up to Hugh's abs and trail :deadbanana4:

• Thanks 2

Actually hated this. The cameos were fun but the plot was nothing new or interesting & the breaking the fourth wall to make Disney, Fox, Hugh Jackman, Blake Lively etc jokes was too much and cringe. Hugh and Emma Corrin were the best parts of the film.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OreGuy said:

And I feel like the villain was a great villain.

i disagree, she was kinda weak like any other mcu villain (minus thanos). but she did look good i'll give her that

I enjoyed it a lot. So good :clap3:

• Like 1

I just wanna know how many xmen cameos should i be looking out for

1 hour ago, X~MoviePoP said:

I just wanna know how many xmen cameos should i be looking out for

Spoiler

none of the core x-men show up in the actual movie, even for a cameo (some get mentioned though). there are some mutants that make short cameos, but none of them were on the x-men team.

Spoiler

there is a nice montage during the credits that contains bts footage of the old foxverse movies, but i don't count that because it's old footage lol. BUT!

Spoiler

there is an x-men character in the actual movie that has a small role, but that character was never a part of the live action x-men teams

Edited by ainadalkaz

The best one out of the three Deadpool movies. The humor actually worked for me this time and the cameos were fun and actually contributed to the storyline. 

Spoiler

I was also so excited about Elektra returning, even though i knew she was coming back. And she even had a bigger part than i expected. Blade was cool too, especially because Ryan was also in the third movie. 

And i was freaking out about the Scarlet Witch statue, even if it just were two seconds. 

Chris Evans returning as his Fantastic Four character was fun, but it would've been even cooler if they also got Jessica Alba to do a cameo.

• Like 1

I just went to the theater on my break to grab the popcorn bucket and I'm glad I did they were almost sold out already :weeps: 

• Like 1

:wanda:Wow, how did Marvel bring back thier Excitement like this. Everyone in my theater is saying marvel is back. This is gonna do Major numbers. 

1 hour ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

:wanda:Wow, how did Marvel bring back thier Excitement like this. Everyone in my theater is saying marvel is back. This is gonna do Major numbers. 

the way this is gonna outgross the marvels' entire box office in one weekend is just :deadvision: not to mention the marvels had a bigger budget... that movie was cursed from the get-go, i hope cap4 doesn't suffer the same fate :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

Seated rn :gaycat1:

• Like 1

Got tickets to see it tomorrow but I have 1 question for those who have seen it

Spoiler

Does Wanda show up at all? 

8 minutes ago, Symmetra said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

No.

30 minutes ago, Symmetra said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

no, but there's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it reference to something from multiverse of madness somewhere in the movie :mandown:

Edited by ainadalkaz

50 minutes ago, Symmetra said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

No. Just the statue of her from multiverse of madness 

1 hour ago, ainadalkaz said:

the way this is gonna outgross the marvels' entire box office in one weekend is just :deadvision: not to mention the marvels had a bigger budget... that movie was cursed from the get-go, i hope cap4 doesn't suffer the same fate :deadbanana2:

Yeah im on my way to see it a second time. And this is definitely gonna be another No way home type of Smash. And the quality and fan service is peak. I'm so happy 

1 minute ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Yeah im on my way to see it a second time. And this is definitely gonna be another No way home type of Smash. And the quality and fan service is peak. I'm so happy 

no way home had broader appeal, this one is more limited because of its rating, but i'm rooting for this to smash that $1b :duca:

• Like 1

This was pretty bad

Deadpool & Wolverine is exactly everything people have been asking the MCU to do. I give it a 9/10 if I'm being objective and not a total fanboy. But it's hard not to geek out! Yes the multiverse story parts are as messy as you expect, but they poke fun of the multiverse saga and how bad Disney has adapted them. the constant fan service and love for marvel cinema is infectious. This is what the audience wanted Multiverse of Madness to be. Now onto the spoiler review

The Good

Spoiler

I'll keep this short and say it's near perfect attempt to bring back general audiences that were tired of mediocre Superhero content the last 4 years. Wolverine & Deadpool Buddy Cop Adventure exceeded expectations, by giving them both purpose and letting them **** it out. The action is easily the best in the MCU and rivals winter soldier. The Car fight is probably my favorite just cuz the cinematography was perfect. But nearly every action fight worked and didn't feel too long or too short. The opening fight against the TVA agents with the credits was a flawless opening. Needle drops like Nsync, Avril & Madonna also made the fight scenes and void scenes Pop. The Rated R was very refreshing for MCU, and my only complaint is Wolverine dropped the F bomb like 700 times in every sentence 💀 but 98% of the jokes land, and I probably miss some cuz the crowd was laughing half the time. Best parts are the pop culture references and Deadpool attacking the low point of Marvel, but also showing excitement for entertaining the MCU. Overall, even knowing some of cameos ahead, I was still shocked. And once Wolverine put on his mask I was sold. They are 100% coming back for an avengers movie. Also people think they didn't actually go to the MCU in the movies but it's explain when he talks to Happy, that he did in 2018. So marvel kinda pulled the rug making us think the whole film will be them in the MCU but it was just partially. It's ok tho, since now we know Deadpool and Wolverine are officially TVA agents and can freely travel timelines. The fourth wall breaks and constant jokes were amazing and this is gonna easily be Summer blockbuster of the year. So overall, the action is 10/10, the Humor is 10/10, and the references and care for Marvel is 10/10. If this is the quality we are returning to leading up to secret wars then we are Back!! Also VFX were clean. I didn't notice one bad shot in the film. 

The Meh

Spoiler

I lowkey don't find many flaws with the movie at all. But I was expecting them to explain why there was no Mutants before 2018 in the MCU. A missed opportunity. Unless I missed something when they were explaining anchors. I legit find this to be one of Marvels best movies, but the plot was typical MCU. You can tell they were trying to fit so much exposition in the first act, Deadpool even comments on it. Also Deadpool constantly talks… to the point it might annoy some. But that's his character, and it's what you expect. So yeah just the messy Multiverse stuff is average. I just personally wanted them to have more X-men in the movie and actually interact with Avengers characters but I guess they are saving that for the Next Avenger movie.

Cameos

Spoiler

Bro, WTF! They got Wesley Snipes back as Blade. I knew Elektra, but still. Gambit was awesome, and Laura back was amazing. And they actually had fights and character moments. If this is a preview for the next Avengers movies we are Cooking again. 
the biggest audience reaction was Chris Evans Human Torch. And he got a good amount of screen time. And perfect post credit scene. 
overall I enjoyed every cameo and they were diverse! Also the mention of punisher, daredevil, Hulk, and so many more mans me fangirl. This is definitely how they should treat the multiverse saga. Give us cameos and nostalgia but also let them have character emotions 

As you can tell, I'm very hyped for the future of marvel and if this is the start of the Movie Comeback tour:superman:

even tho I stand by saying marvel technically never left. Cuz Guardians 3 was the best one and that was a year ago. I just hope we keep getting back to back hits as we end the multiverse saga

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

going to watch it this tuesday

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.