Gas leak in Baltic Sea

Revolution

What does this mean? Is it dangerous for sea creatures living there?

2 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

the gas contaminates the water around it, don't know if its less or more severe than petrol 

Of course it's Russia. Grasping at every straw they can.

12 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

8 minutes ago, Gorgeous said:

the gas contaminates the water around it, don't know if its less or more severe than petrol 

It's way less severe. The damage isn't pretty, of course, but it won't spread like oil would. The local sea life that can't escape will suffocate and ships have to stay away because of higher risk of explosion.

Edited by The Next Day

I read that it's leaking from at least 3 different areas and if they shut off the gas the pipelines will flood with water and become unusable :rip:

Not sure how Russia plans to dangle the gas carrot over our heads now.

Sweden confirms that powerful underwater explosions occurred where the leaks are happening.

4 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

I read that it's leaking from at least 3 different areas and if they shut off the gas the pipelines will flood with water and become unusable :rip:

That's insane! This is probably just a plan to cut off Europe and make gas prices go up even more :skull:

9 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Russia hasn't delivered gas through Nordstream for weeks tho? The gas that is leaking was left behind there when they stopped.

All of this is just mind tricks, trying to put pressure on the EU.

Edited by The Next Day

1 minute ago, The Next Day said:

Russia hasn't delivered gas through Nordstream for weeks tho? The gas that is leaking was left behind there when they stopped.

All of this is just mind tricks, trying to put pressure on the EU.

Yes but this undermines their attempt to blackmail Europe into opening Nordstream 2 by announcing all these fake maintenances. They won't be able to divide our people to pressure EU government into giving up gas sanctions because it's no longer a matter of choice.

I mean we don't even use Nord Stream 2 anyway. Also I still despised all politicians that approved that project. :deadbanana2: 

15 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Yes but this undermines their attempt to blackmail Europe into opening Nordstream 2 by announcing all these fake maintenances. They won't be able to divide our people to pressure EU government into giving up gas sanctions because it's no longer a matter of choice.

I'm not so sure. I bet they still think the EU and Germany will give up soon. If both Nordstream pipelines are done, this could be an advantage for Russia, since three pipelines to the EU go through Ukraine. That could make Putin more powerful and pressure the EU into getting a peace deal on Ukraine much faster.

But honestly, most stuff Putin has doing since last year is just dumb and short-sighted. Maybe they just want to cause mayhem for the sake of it.

Edited by The Next Day

11 minutes ago, Chemist said:

Yeah this, it's psychological warfare. It's supposed to show how Russia won't hesitate to destroy energy infrastructure. Russia is aiming to scare Europe into giving up their sanctions and Ukraine support.

48 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

the carrot analogy made me laugh but at the same time its spot on. It just makes more and more sense why European governments are running advertising  campaigns on what to do to avoid energy shortages this winter

Putin is ready to take the world with him while going down the drain. The desperation :biblio:

2 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Inch resting :coffee2:

@Bicassie @808s

This same woman has been saying to concede to Russia and that they’re too powerful this whole time. Why do we care what she thinks when she’s just another Putin apologist?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.