Best time to visit Spain and more advice + tips plz?

IBeMe

So I am part Spaniard from Andalusia and I want to go visit Spain. I am especially interested in visiting the old Islamic historical areas of Spain (so mostly the South) as well as the Roman areas / sites but I also want to experience a fun night life segment to my trip. 

That said, I have little interest in visiting the northern regions of Spain or Barcelona but everyone says Madrid is skippable and Barcelona has a better nightlife / scene. 

Basically I want my trip to be split into two segments. One the historical segment where I visit the Islamic and Roman history of Spain and then the other segment being the fun time thoting around nightlife segment of Spain. So is Barcelona or Madrid better for that second part?

In addition, what time of the year is best to travel to Spain? I do not mind the heat so forget that. For me it's about when is it the most lively for tourists and locals?

Thanks! 

Spain is amazing! Especially during the summer months. Yes, it can get very hot, but the summer vibe of the cities is just amazing. Please don’t skip Madrid. Fabulous city, the nightlife there is great! Barcelona is beautiful, especially the gothic part of the city. Gaudi was a genius and you can see it all over the city. Sevilla and Toledo are also a must! 

I would say early or late summer is the best time (May-June or September). You will dodge the people taking the summer rush and it will be warm but not too hot. Spain is pretty wonderful throughout, I have enjoyed every part I visited (I agree Madrid isn’t the best but still nice and incredible parks and and architecture).

Hmmmm... If you're interested in tourism, then come in Spring or May - early June. Summer months in the country, especially in Andalusia, are like hell and I'd never recommend anyone to come here unless you are looking for party and beaches. 

35 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

Just don’t stay for more than 183 days 

spacer.png

IM DEAD :ahh:

OT: Avoid June-Agust, and thats not only for Spain but also for Italy and France. When I tell you that the population of these countries DOUBLE in the summer its real :deadbanana2:

countries with the most tourism:

France - 89,400,000.

Spain - 83,700,000.

United States - 79,300,000.

China - 65,700,000.

Italy - 64,500,000.

For historical monuments I'd highly reccomend Córdoba and Granada, they are a MUST in terms of culture. Toledo, Salamanca, Bilbao, Mérida and Cáceres are great options as well for that kind of trip. In terms of nightlife I'd say Barcelona and Valencia, they are more modern cities but still beautiful nonetheless.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.