Do you know how to read/write in cursive?

NOW

yes my 3rd grade teacher had us only use cursive that whole year :rip: 

Just now, Daddy said:

Yes, I went to school :rip:

Apparently it's no longer a requirement in many grade schools now and it's become even more prehistoric as everyone switched over to online learning :gaycat6:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/10/gen-z-handwriting-teaching-cursive-history/671246/

1 minute ago, NOW said:

Apparently it's no longer a requirement in many grade schools now and it's become even more prehistoric as everyone switched over to online learning :gaycat6:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/10/gen-z-handwriting-teaching-cursive-history/671246/

Wait this is interesting! The last time I had to write in cursive was in 1999 (4th grade). After that I never looked back. It's annoying and not really faster. 

1 minute ago, Daddy said:

Wait this is interesting! The last time I had to write in cursive was in 1999 (4th grade). After that I never looked back. It's annoying and not really faster. 

We're lucky to be in that last generation that taught it in class, before laptops and smartphones completely took over the classroom. It's not that hard to pick up but times have really changed and it's going to be a lost art over time :gaycat7:

9 minutes ago, Saddy said:

Yes and yes

Yes I can read it but my writing could be better. It's unfortunate this current generation doesn't use it

Cursive >>> chicken scratch print handwriting

28 minutes ago, Katamari said:

yes my 3rd grade teacher had us only use cursive that whole year :rip: 

Same and our school made it seem like it was the most important skill that we would ever need to learn :rip: 

Edited by Aston Martin

1 hour ago, RussianRoulette said:

Yes. Who doesn't? :gaycat6:

I don't know where you live but in America, public schools have been doing away with cursive handwriting for a while now. With the advancement of technology and most things being done on computer, I don't think it's taught as much as it used to be. Millennials probably were the last to learn it in single digits. I learned in 2nd grade but I am 30 years old. My 2 youngest brothers are way younger than me and they barely know how to read it and write it.

Yes and yes; since I became left handed I strictly write in cursive, therefore making everyone seethe :lakitu:

I dont know how to read or write in general so no

6ued7t.gif

Yes, but probably like most people I never use it anymore, other than my signature. 

My 7th Grade Science Teacher made it mandatory to write in cursive for tests and said it was taught in grade 3 but she can give us cursive writing worksheets if we needed it and said we'd need to know it for the future :rip:

First of all, that was a lie and 2nd of all, why are you teaching cursive in a science class - teach me how to use a microscope bish 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.