Italian parliamentary elections

anti-bitch

8 hours ago, Espresso said:

The first far-right government since Mussolini?

So they'll leave the EU and suspend all immigration I'm assuming? A reversal on civil partnerships?

Where do I start. 

They're strongly pro-NATO and they can't do anything to leave the EU because Berlusconi - who's fundamental to keep the coalition together - would make the government fall if such proposal went ahead (not like there's a majority supporting Italexit among them to begin with). I doubt reversing civil partnerships is on their agenda either as they're supported by three-quarters of the country, but LGBT rights progress will obviously stall. Immigration won't be stopped all together of course, but some much-needed measures will be implemented in order to tighten it.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KillingYourCareer

• greeneyedsoul

• anti-bitch

• The7thStranger

4 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Rio Mare tuna? Don't you guys have cat food in Croatia?

tumblr_o41ykkVol81uiziyxo1_400.gif

Our pets only get lunch and dinner leftovers. 

The rio mare alternatives are not it. And we love our tuna-mayo sandwiches. 

Are there any demographic breakdowns by age out there?

Good luck to all the LGBT and POC people and working class, they'll need it. We need a communist wave to stop this nosense right now.

Edited by Aramis

2 minutes ago, Kitty Kat said:

Are there any demographic breakdowns by age out there?

Young people could save that infest country.

Sorry for double post tho

6 hours ago, Pikachoo said:

My grandparents left Italy in the 60s because they saw no future for themselves there. so glad they did so. Italy..BEAUTIFUL to visit, but im happy i dont live there (no offence to my italian relatives :sorry: )

I mean, it depends on where you're from... I was lucky enough to be born in Lombardy from Lombard parents and I have no need or desire to leave, most of my friends I went to school with don't either. But in other parts of Italy there really is no future.

10 minutes ago, Aramis said:

Good luck to all the LGBT and POC people and working class, they'll need it. We need a communist wave to stop this nosense right now.

We don't need to go from an extreme to the other :toofunny2: Western countries thrive during moderate governments.

10 minutes ago, Aramis said:

I can't believe young people's favorite party was 5 Star Movement :deadbanana2:is my generation's aspiration becoming social parasites? :ahh:

Edited by KillingYourCareer

A good thread explaining how messy Italian politics is. Giving the US a run for its money

Spain (the superior Mediterranean country) >>>>:michael:

19 minutes ago, Aramis said:

Unfortunately, young people are a minority.

11 minutes ago, Chemist said:

A good thread explaining how messy Italian politics is. Giving the US a run for its money

Spain (the superior Mediterranean country) >>>>:michael:

To me Italy always had that slight Balkan messiness to it. Like why easy when it can be complicated? 

9 minutes ago, Aramis said:

Spain is coming for a far-right government next year too :rip:

It won't be as certain as in italy

What I get from these results is that the lower and lower-middle classes are expanding, the problem of wealth distribution is increasing. Brothers of Italy caters to lower class right-leaning people, the 5 Star Movement makes the interests of poorer left-leaning voters (I can't believe this party hasn't been erased yet, let alone got 15% and won an entire region :deadvision:), as opposed to League and Democratic Party that are the preference of the middle and upper class people respectively on the right and on the left. So yeah, the general situation is worrying beyond the results themselves imo. I doubt any measures will be taken to stop this trend, alas.

I won't stand seeing Giorgia Meloni on my TV everyday for 5 years, I hope the government will fall before that

Maybe it's time to move to another country

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Chemist said:

It won't be as certain as in italy

PP is adapting their politics to the far right to take VOX votes. And it's working.

6 hours ago, Horizon Flame said:

7-23?

Yeah yesterday all voting polls were open for people to vote from 7AM to 11PM.

1 hour ago, KillingYourCareer said:

We don't need to go from an extreme to the other :toofunny2: Western countries thrive during moderate governments.

Time to stop thinking Communism is all about gulag and repression like we're living in URSS 1930. Most of Communist European parties defend social democracy, tax the rich, green politicis, defense of minorities and a free health and education system.

2 minutes ago, Aramis said:

Time to stop thinking Communism is all about gulag and repression like we're living in URSS 1930. Most of Communist European parties defend social democracy, tax the rich, green politicis, defense of minorities and a free health and education system.

They do so without understanding that there should be a transition process and that some things aren't possible everywhere. With the mindset Italians have developed for centuries, a swift change on certain things is impossible.

It's going to be a tough 5 years. Let me send myself to a conversion therapy camp. Good luck to us :chick3:

Edited by Ratviolo

2 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

HERstoric day for Italians :clap3:

With Liz Thruss, all we need is Ivanka Trump to win 2024 elections! Grrrl power :date3:

/s

:deadbanana2:The amount of liberals that have this mentality is worrisome

That one user trying to whitewash fascism by being like "yeah LGBT people won't thrive but we won't likely suffer....seems worth it to have someone finally get rid of all those damn Libyans invading our shores!!!" :rip:

The main news in Croatia today is how new Italian prime minister wants to annex Istria and Dalmatia from Croatia and make them a part of Italy like in the old ages.

@greeneyedsoul are you ready for Italian tanks to be on your shores and get Crimea'd?

10 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

The main news in Croatia today is how new Italian prime minister wants to annex Istria and Dalmatia from Croatia and make them a part of Italy like in the old ages.

@greeneyedsoul are you ready for Italian tanks to be on your shores and get Crimea'd?

It seems like Istria will join the eurozone a bit earlier than the rest of Croatia.

And I always wanted to advance with my Italian skills (B2 knowledge). And is there a better way to learn a language than being forced to? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.