Italian parliamentary elections

anti-bitch

I can't anymore, goodnight. 

Italians are so sick and twisted. Why are polling stations open until 23:00? Here we get 90% of the results by eleven. :toofunny2:

Thots and prayers. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KillingYourCareer

• greeneyedsoul

• anti-bitch

• The7thStranger

8 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

You were serious I cant

tumblr_o41ykkVol81uiziyxo1_400.gif

**** her . Giorgia >>>>

You and Giorgia can seethe. 
spacer.png

The first far-right government since Mussolini?

So they'll leave the EU and suspend all immigration I'm assuming? A reversal on civil partnerships?

Where do I start. 

It's too easy to blame this veer far-right entirely on the migration crisis, which Italy bore a big brunt of in the mid 2010s.

There's clearly a lot more going on with this I have to do my research on.

I feel like this isn't getting nearly the level of attention it deserves. 

42 minutes ago, Espresso said:

It's too easy to blame this veer far-right entirely on the migration crisis, which Italy bore a big brunt of in the mid 2010s.

Gotta mention that they hit record low voter turnout 64%. Four years ago it was 73% and that was the record low then. It's awful how it seems people don't trust the system anymore.

13 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

Gotta mention that they hit record low voter turnout 64%. Four years ago it was 73% and that was the record low then. It's awful how it seems people don't trust the system anymore.

Why should they? Inequality is growing throughout the West year after year. It's a universal constant. Not hard to see why people are giving up.

3 hours ago, greeneyedsoul said:

I can't anymore, goodnight. 

Italians are so sick and twisted. Why are polling stations open until 23:00? Here we get 90% of the results by eleven. :toofunny2:

Thots and prayers. 

I work at a polling station, it’s such a nightmare :toofunny2: it’s 7-23 and then you have at least 2/3 hours for the counting 

Anyway terrible results but I already made peace with that a couple weeks ago, it was inevitable for multiple reasons. However I’m disappointed at PD doing even less than expected but Letta was never a good candidate. At least Salvini is over, and Meloni will have the same faith in a couple years (too bad she’s gonna **** up our country before tho) 

My grandparents left Italy in the 60s because they saw no future for themselves there. so glad they did so. Italy..BEAUTIFUL to visit, but im happy i dont live there (no offence to my italian relatives :sorry: )

38 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

I work at a polling station, it’s such a nightmare :toofunny2: it’s 7-23 and then you have at least 2/3 hours for the counting 

Anyway terrible results but I already made peace with that a couple weeks ago, it was inevitable for multiple reasons. However I’m disappointed at PD doing even less than expected but Letta was never a good candidate. At least Salvini is over, and Meloni will have the same faith in a couple years (too bad she’s gonna **** up our country before tho) 

7-23?

I’m heartbroken. And hoping that their infighting causes the death of their parties. 

People make way too much fuss about the far-right. Yeah, it's terrible that they are winning around the world but they are also doomed to fail. Populism and incompetence only go so far, not to mention most of these parties run as anti-establishment, so coming into power natural makes them part of the establishment, thus alienating some of their voter base.

The irony of this happening 100 years later than the March on Rome... Those who fail to learn from history are really doomed to repeat it :toofunny3:

Un paese di vecchi :shakeno:

8 hours ago, Espresso said:

So they'll leave the EU and suspend all immigration I'm assuming? A reversal on civil partnerships?

Where do I start. 

I'm pretty sure none of that will happen. 

10 hours ago, slik said:

What's going on in Italy -- how did this group seize power so much, was it fear-mongering people fell for?

The main left party lost a lot of credibility in the last decade and it was already struggling to get a full support when elected, they did several messes involving other parties as well, also from the economic point of view, the reality is that sadly our left group is not good and need a revamp of people, thing that didn't happen.

This right party from Meloni was a total flop just until some years ago, the other parties messing up continuosly and with our goverment falling apart every other year  started to give her credibility in continuosly attacking them showing they're not capable and here we are, she passed from 4% to 26% in 5 years.

Of course she's also very populist, she claims that she wants help people, less taxes and higher salaries and that the EU is not helping us and this kind of stuff, she's against giving money to migrants claiming Italians need them first and all this kind of stuff, with poverty going always more high in here and now with the gas prizes to the roof, a lot fall for her shits.

Where do I start. 

No way, people saw what happened with the UK already who is much richer than us and all the issues they got from that choice, from the economical point of view it would be a collapse for us, it's definitely not happening.

10 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

Queen Laura Pausini do something! 
spacer.png

She showed her true colors recently by refusing to sing a song in a tv show (the one used in 'La casa de papel \ Money Heist') that is anti-fascism athem and she got dragged hard in here for that.

Rather predictable for Italy.  I can’t remember a single time over the course of my life when my family wasn’t always complaining about the govt.  I feel bad for them but this also what the govt has let happen to its own citizens.  Negligence, ignoring massive issues with education and infrastructure, corruption, It’ll probably get worse.

Migration is not the main cause of this, but poverty increasing in general, taxes always more high with the consequent struggle to keep small companies afloat from business people, low pensions, low salaries, gas-electricity bills crisis now, bad economy in general is the main cause and this party claims that will change things from that point of view, and clearly they used also the migration argument to say italian people who are struggling need those money first.

I'm happy that Italy finally will have their FIRST ever female prime minister. So congratulations :clap3: Women will indeed rule the world. 

2 minutes ago, arceus said:

I'm happy that Italy finally will have their FIRST ever female prime minister. So congratulations :clap3: Women will indeed rule the world. 

• Pronouns: They/Them

You know many of her party members want you dead right?

Will they introduce a special tax for us that come to Italy to buy cheap pasta and rio mare tuna? 

Edited by greeneyedsoul

10 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Rather predictable for Italy.  I can’t remember a single time over the course of my life when my family wasn’t always complaining about the govt.  I feel bad for them but this also what the govt has let happen to its own citizens.  Negligence, ignoring massive issues with education and infrastructure, corruption, It’ll probably get worse.

Yeah, that's how it works here. Nothing will be done by this new government (provided it lasts) and in 5 years people will have found a new ideology to stan. Most points in the right-wing coalition's program will obviously stay unkept promises as they're non-viable, they're just there to grab votes because they work on paper. Unfortunately, the source of Italy's problems is its own people - the concerning amount of 5 Star Movement voters, a party running on promising state benefits for lazy people left and right, says it all about the irredeemable mentality of this country.

Just now, greeneyedsoul said:

Will they introduce a special tax for us that come to Italy to buy cheap past and rio mare tuna? 

Rio Mare tuna? Don't you guys have cat food in Croatia?

7 minutes ago, arceus said:

HERstoric day for Italians :clap3:

With Liz Thruss, all we need is Ivanka Trump to win 2024 elections! Grrrl power :date3:

/s

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.