Italian parliamentary elections

anti-bitch

"Almost 51 million Italians have the right to vote until 23:00 (21:00 GMT); 2.6 million are first-time voters and another 4.7 million are abroad."

"Giorgia Meloni leads the far-right Brothers of Italy party and is aiming to become the country's first female prime minister allied with two other parties on the right.

She has softened her image and resents being linked to Italy's fascist past.

She backs Western sanctions on Russia and has toned down rhetoric on Europe.

But she still embraces an old slogan adopted by the fascists - "God, fatherland and family" - she has spoken out against the "LGBT lobby" and called for a naval blockade of Libya to halt migration."

"The EU agreed to send Italy an eye-watering €200bn (£178bn) in post-Covid recovery grants and loans but that is conditional on reforms agreed by the outgoing unity government of Mario Draghi. Giorgia Meloni has called for the plan to be revised and has talked of doing more to "defend" Italy's national interests in the EU.

No wonder many of Europe's leaders are watching this vote closely."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63022408

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KillingYourCareer

• greeneyedsoul

• anti-bitch

• The7thStranger

Voted last week by mail. Hoping for a nullified election! Or, if they win, I hope they crash and burn within six months. 

42 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

far-right

resents being linked to Italy's fascist past

embraces an old slogan adopted by the fascists

spoken out against the "LGBT lobby"

"The EU agreed to send Italy an eye-watering €200bn (£178bn) in post-Covid recovery grants and loan

Italia is a mess :gaycat7:

20 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I'm not voting for Fascisti d'Italia so no!

The results will be fun (to some). 

I have my appointment for obtaining my Italian dual citizenship through descendancy next month after 2 years of gathering documents so if the far right wins and ends this/requires more stuff then :dancehall2:

16 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

I have my appointment for obtaining my Italian dual citizenship through descendancy next month after 2 years of gathering documents so if the far right wins and ends this/requires more stuff then :dancehall2:

They complain about it every so often, but Italy has a dwindling population, and such proposals never even get through the door. You have nothing to worry about. :-)

19 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

I have a bad feeling this time.

I have a feeling we're gonna see a record turn-out. People are reporting lines out the door.

Praying for the Italian sistrens, hpefully the fascist far right doesn't manage to win

tumblr_o41ykkVol81uiziyxo1_400.gif

Just voted.

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

Praying for the Italian sistrens, hpefully the fascist far right doesn't manage to win

They'll only get 25%, plus 15% from Lega. Berlusconi is in the same coalition and he's necessary for them to reach majority but he already dished out his conditions, and he's opposed to many of their crazy things. Without him, the right-wing government falls. In other words, they won't get anything done and in 5 years people will find a new party/ideology to sensationalize.

Edited by KillingYourCareer

1 hour ago, The7thStranger said:

I have a feeling we're gonna see a record turn-out. People are reporting lines out the door.

Yeah, I had to queue as well in my town of 6,000 at 2PM :dies:

Are we gonna witness HERstory tonight?

13 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Just voted.

They'll only get 25%, plus 15% from Lega. Berlusconi is in the same coalition and he's necessary for them to reach majority but he already dished out his conditions, and he's opposed to many of their crazy things. Without him, the right-wing government falls. In other words, they won't get anything done and in 5 years people will find a new party/ideology to sensationalize.

So are you saying that Berlusconi could actually save Italy, kinda? :jonny:

2 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

Clownery and scandals related to his personal life aside, he was really the best president of the second republic. Now his party gets %s in the one digit and he's mainly voted for by pensioners (their promo towards young people is non-existent). Flagelli d'Italia and Lega wanted (and needed) them in their coalition despite the differences, but they're actually a reasonable party with a sensible program :dies:

Is this the reason why her party is winning? :jonnycat:

Edited by greeneyedsoul

2 hours ago, anti-***** said:

He's out there on election day talking **** about the Lega. :gaycat6:

Yeah, according to RAI the turnout was 51% until 19:00 which is down 7% compared to 2018. 

But the northern regions seem to have a higher turnout than the southern ones. Lettuce pray. :chick3:

51 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

Yup, you can get the full list here:

https://elezioni.interno.gov.it/camera/votanti/20220925/votantiCI

:deadvision: Bergamo has one of the highest turnout rates... that's not a good thing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.