Colorado police left arrested woman in car parked on train track hit by train

Communion

Dramatic police video shows the moment a freight train struck a police patrol vehicle with a 20-year-old woman handcuffed in the back seat. CBS Colorado reports the Fort Lupton Police Department provided the station with 8 minutes of edited video from the incident.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation says Yareni Rios-Gonzalez, of Greeley, remained hospitalized Monday with serious bodily injuries sustained in the crash. She is expected to survive.

Multiple law enforcement agencies responded to a report of a road rage incident involving a firearm in Fort Lupton on Friday evening. A Platteville police officer stopped Rios-Gonzalez's car just past a set of railroad tracks and parked the patrol vehicle on the crossing.

She was placed in the back of the police vehicle, which was hit by the train as officers were searching her car.

The Denver Post reported Monday that the Platteville Police Department had placed one of the officers involved on paid administrative leave. Police Chief Carl Dwyer, in an email to the newspaper, didn't disclose the officer's name and declined to answer other questions about the traffic stop and crash.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/video-train-hits-police-car-woman-handcuffed-back-seat-fort-lupton-colorado/

Some Dumb F U C K S better get their asses fired who the **** is stupid enough to park on the train tracks?!? Imagine a majority of Americans don't see anything wrong with the state of its police force. 

Why does this almost look like it was done on purpose? Like who in their right mind PARKS ON TRACKS?? 

Fired? Jail! Are you ******* kidding me?

How are these imbeciles hired to protect people and enforce the law and break the law themselves, parking on train tracks, mind you- with a suspect in the vehicle while they’re safe and out of it?

Every day I’m reminded of how useless most cops are. They’re literally hiring rats. 

How didn’t she die? I hope she recovers. :heart:

edit: PAID administrative leave? They nearly murdered somebody and completely destroyed the company’s property as well as the property of whoever owns the train. They should be fired and in jail.

Edited by CottageHore

That had to be on purpose.

And *pretends to be shocked*  she's not white.

The most shocking thing about this video is HOW LATE they notice the train. It’s light is clearly visible and it’s laying on the horn for the first couple seconds and they didn’t notice it? Trains can be heard from a ways away even when they’re not using the horn, plus it’s night time so the light is always on. Those two morons need to be thrown in jail for being brain dead.

Edited by Sesame

3 hours ago, Communion said:

paid administrative leave.

This f*cking phrase drives crazy when I read it. It should say "vacation" because that's all it is. 

6 hours ago, Pop culture said:

How ******* stupid do you have to be to park on train tracks :skull:

Uhhh… this sounds like you think it was an accident. Personally I think it was very much on purpose, both to get the woman killed in a way they wouldn’t have to face accountability for (the officer is getting paid leave) and probably trying to get insurance to pay out for the ruined car.

3 hours ago, fauxtography said:

It is literally illegal to park on train tracks 

Colorado people better protest :biblio:

Protests won’t happen because Biden is president as the most pro-police person ever to be elected and Americans are complacent.

15 hours ago, CottageHore said:

Fired? Jail! Are you ******* kidding me?

How are these imbeciles hired to protect people and enforce the law and break the law themselves, parking on train tracks, mind you- with a suspect in the vehicle while they’re safe and out of it?

Every day I’m reminded of how useless most cops are. They’re literally hiring rats. 

How didn’t she die? I hope she recovers. :heart:

edit: PAID administrative leave? They nearly murdered somebody and completely destroyed the company’s property as well as the property of whoever owns the train. They should be fired and in jail.

He'll be back. Cops are never fired

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.