Mariah Carey - 'Someone's Ugly Daughter'

suburbannature

Mariah reported to Rolling Stone this week that her lead vocal version has been unearthed and is ready for release by the end of the year. It will feature 1995 vocals and the original, grittier lyrics that the label would not allow on the Chick version.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/mariah-carey-butterfly-biopic-new-music-1234593825/

Around the 50 minute mark in the audio interview:

https://megaphone.link/WWO2945552924

The label has very clearly started promotion as well.

Oh we’re not READY :jonny5:

I'm so excited. But that tweet is kinda silly, outlets reporting on it doesn't mean her label is telling them to do so, it's pretty buzzy on its own.

What would really be a gag is if she did the "not yet" bit but instead of starting the christmas season on November 1st, she dropped this grunge album.

46 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

I wonder what the cover will be :sherlock:

Reveal hidden contents

inb4 it's just

Mariah-Logo.png slapped across the top of the existing cover

Probably the same since she designed it. There’s a hidden MC in the lipstick smear as well, I noticed.

I vaguely remember her talking about a cover the label wouldn’t let her use, though.

On 9/22/2022 at 4:30 PM, Bacardo Royale said:

AOTY I fear :jonny4:

The way I'd literally take this over any new music she gives us. Maybe the last time we'll hear new prime vocals :jonny: 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, skinnylegendBR said:

she didn't say she's releasing this year

She said by or at the very top of the year in the recent Spaces.

ItOh8dT.gif

10 hours ago, suburbannature said:

She said by or at the very top of the year in the recent Spaces.

ItOh8dT.gif

she wasn't talking about SUD but the themed album she's almost finished and she said she's go back to finish in early 2023

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.