Is Positions the worst popgirl album of 2020?

GentleDance

9 hours ago, Selegend said:

Sure, thats why LYTLM hit #1 everywhere and is reaching 1 billion streams on Spotify alone and Souvenir has more than 100 million combined streams and Feel Me more than 200 million combined streams being two deluxe version tracks. Souvenir without any playlisting or promo at all, just a deluxe regular track. 
didnt know selenators streamed sooo hard, but thats great news, thank you!! 

So your rationale is that they're good because they have some above average streaming stats?

And please, LYTLM got decent success mainly at least partially due to Bieber :rip: She got the timing perfectly.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sazare

• Roman Holiday

• The Music Industry

• KatyPrismSpirit

6 hours ago, Sazare said:

Not sure what’s so edgy about finding Rare bad but do you I suppose

Ok edgelord (2)

Sigh. Plastic hearts deserved better.

OT: its down there with smile and chromatica. The unholy trinity :weeps:

10 hours ago, The Music Industry said:

I mean, she herself is one of the main reasons why poptimism became what it did but some people are not ready for that conversation :giraffe:

Poptimism went mainstream because of The Fame (Monster), BEYONCÉ, and Body Talk, all of which predated taylor going pop by some time.

3 hours ago, Sazare said:

Poptimism went mainstream because of The Fame (Monster), BEYONCÉ, and Body Talk, all of which predated taylor going pop by some time.

:rip:Ok

positions is a great album for me personally, i like her cross between classical instrumentation over very trap oriented beats she really perfected that sound here, while ATRL hates it personally I love r&b adjacent pop and this is definitely in my Top 3 albums of the decade!

safety net, pov, nasty, my hair :jonny5:

No, also ironic the #1 best rated on that list is the worst one on that list lmao

Its not even the worst album released by an ex act in 2020

I think Treat Myself has a lower metacritic score, not sure how complete the OP is. However, the answer is no as rare is worse

Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with R&B instrumentals. 

On 9/22/2022 at 4:06 AM, Roman Holiday said:

Love Language, Nasty, Obvious

Exactly.

On 9/22/2022 at 4:52 PM, NewStanner said:

Positions is MILES better than the pretentious dog barking album at #1, that's for damn sure

ezgif-6-afe5b7221d.thumb.gif.1e69a2a7af6

:ahh:

On 9/21/2022 at 11:25 PM, RihFenty20 said:

That’s not the drag you think it is. Rihanna’s music is anything but those adjectives, but you already knew that. Either way, you should be the last person speaking on anyone’s music when your fav has been making the same song since 2006. That’s the point. Stick to pretending her music is good and stop speaking on people who are actually talented :rip:

“Rihanna’s music “ you really believe that 💀 she can’t hold a pen or guitar to save her life please… there’s not even 5% contribution from her to her music or musical career .. everything being handed out to her by those labels executive and going on spam on radio saved her … talking about same song when miss Rihanna did just same pop or underlying pop sounds all career

58 minutes ago, Nnnv said:

“Rihanna’s music “ you really believe that 💀 she can’t hold a pen or guitar to save her life please… there’s not even 5% contribution from her to her music or musical career .. everything being handed out to her by those labels executive and going on spam on radio saved her … talking about same song when miss Rihanna did just same pop or underlying pop sounds all career

this lie filled meltdown… go find you some peace :bibliahh:

On 9/21/2022 at 11:25 PM, RihFenty20 said:

Rihanna’s music is anything but those adjectives

Two and a half albums worth of it isn't, maybe. 

Never heard it but I'm sure it's better than Chromatica and those Taylor and Fiona albums.