BLACKPINK predicted to sell 80-85k with a #2 debut, what happened ?

Take Me Apart

3 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

anyways 90k for an album with a $50 price tag. not everyone can have that :) +2.5M WW

that's like 180k to 200k album sales if we convert it at price of regular albums

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supertiffany

• MardinBeksloy

• fauxtography

• Freakshowvato

Why people equate quality of music == sales? Did bts need to release good stuff to get those latest stats in USA? 

I still don't get the bashing though, pv and SD are bops. 80k - 90k with a $50 album is amazing regardless. 

10 hours ago, Stunnah said:

no sour candy no hit 

This :gaycat:

35 minutes ago, Sept said:

Because it's a boxset with a lot of items in it, and they also want to milk the fans like BTS did

But they also have digipak versions available for 20$ at Target

those went on sale nearly 3 weeks after everyone had already ordered their boxset :rip: but still... 90k sales in the US for a 50 dollar album? NOT EVERYBODY HAS THAT. 

giphy.gif

Edited by kawk

2 hours ago, liquiddiamonds said:

Dont know why some of you are calling YG stupid. They’re banking either way if you buy from the korean website or at Target. They’re making a huge coin from fans with money to buy at Target and they also banked on the tour. We have no idea of production costs, so they kinda knew western fans would import the records anyway instead of flooding US stores with albums when physicals are at an all time low there.

y’all care so much about a chart when the only numbers they care about are past a $ sign and those look marvelous. BLACKPINK brings money. Just saw they dropped a signed digipack and now they’re makin one extra coin from chart obsessed stans without dropping a cent as a physical copy would demand lmao i fear i wanna be stupid like this

They’re stupid at least for putting the album and tour tix out the same day. €68 for thé cheapest tix (all the rest €100+) and €50 for the album at the very least here in france is too much to spend at once. They should have released album tix a couple weeks later where fans would have another pay cheque.  So yes, YG is stupid, they fumbled their own bag. 

sales will increase at the end of the week :giraffe:  

7 hours ago, WeFoundWill said:

anyways 90k for an album with a $50 price tag. not everyone can have that :) +2.5M WW

Where is this fantasy 2.5-3m number y'all keep coming up with :deadbanana2:

who cares ? People are aware of the existence of BP in America... can't say the same about ANY other Kpop girl band.

this is way too funny :deadbanana4: not TWICE debuting higher. see, when you serve QUALITY music :clap3: Do better teddy :sorry:

ALSO, somone prolly hexed the blinks bc I follow this BP acct who are funding to buy their album and it got locked by paypal :deadbanana4:

18 hours ago, MardinBeksloy said:

Love who is going to tell you :ahh: 

Folklore sold 2.275M WW. Evermore did 1.255M. Born Pink is already at 1.19M just on Hanteo (a chart that only counts specific Korean charts) in 5 days. 

Y’all are in for some major disappointment if you think Taylor is going to outdo BP unless she pumps out another re-release like The Long Pond Sessions before the end of 2022.

14 hours ago, Rev8 said:

the ones that are serving unispired but back for the cash? :rip: umm

Did you just try to say SNSD are serving “uninspired” when they have the most meaningful comeback of the year? Literally who has released a more inspired song than them this year? :skull: 

14 hours ago, Supervillain said:

You doubt Taylor is going to sell more than 85k?:bibliahh: 

BlackPink are over 1.19M on Hanteo already. We’ll get global shipment numbers for a few days tomorrow night, and the rest of those global shipment numbers the Wednesday after. 

12 hours ago, Sharapov said:

how can they debut a single on spotify with 7m and have these horrible sales? something's fishy.

Bad Bunny’s album hasn’t even sold 50k worldwide yet its streaming numbers are mind-blowing and you want to call out BP, whose album blew past 1M already, for doing some 200M+ streams first week? Okay :skull: 

11 hours ago, BTS said:

Last I checked Proof sold 2.7M its first week. BornPink sold not even half of that. (1.1M)

BornPinks predicted US sales (85k) are not even a third of Proofs (314k) :deadbanana2:
The delusion 

You’re comparing BTS’s shipments (Gaon) to BlackPink’s actual sales (Hanteo). Unfortunately for BTS, their posthumous album didn’t get the sajaegi it needed from fans to make the tracks big.

Circle

Yet To Come - 127,871,945

For Youth - 14,591,273

Run BTS - 15,869,616

Pink Venom - 102,372,068

Pink Venom has already outstreamed Yet To Come on global Spotify and BP have 2M+ pre-orders that we’ll start to see with next Wednesday’s update. Good luck to BTS rushing out that re-release because Proof was so short-lived.

11 hours ago, kawk said:

those went on sale nearly 3 weeks after everyone had already ordered their boxset :rip: but still... 90k sales in the US for a 50 dollar album? NOT EVERYBODY HAS THAT. 

giphy.gif

isn't it only 55k in sales? is the album $50 on itunes?

This is still fantastic for a non-english language album outside of their native country. What are y'all on :deadbanana2:

BLACKPINK is the revolution!

55 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Folklore sold 2.275M WW. Evermore did 1.255M. Born Pink is already at 1.19M just on Hanteo (a chart that only counts specific Korean charts) in 5 days. 

Y’all are in for some major disappointment if you think Taylor is going to outdo BP unless she pumps out another re-release like The Long Pond Sessions before the end of 2022.

You were talking about album units, why did you switch to pure sales suddenly? 

19 hours ago, Eternium said:

People trying to drag BlackPink but they’re on track to have the #1/#2 album of 2022 at this rate. They’ve already knocked BTS out of their way and I doubt Taylor can come anywhere close to them. Their only competition is Bad Bunny.

Because otherwise, you are calling Bad Bunny their only competition when he sold less than 200k pure is totally nonsensical. 

12 hours ago, supertiffany said:

that's like 180k to 200k album sales if we convert it at price of regular albums

lmao the mental gymnastics

anyway 80K is good

Their album is 4 dollars on iTunes... maybe the physicals are expensive (as are Kpop albums since they give you so much more content than just the physical album) but the cheap price on iTunes makes up for it.

Apparently, since the news came out, they suddenly sold an additional (totally organic :coffee:) 4000 copies so will likely debut at #1 after all. Fans are working hard :clap3:

11 minutes ago, New Edition said:

Apparently, since the news came out, they suddenly sold an additional (totally organic :coffee:) 4000 copies so will likely debut at #1 after all. Fans are working hard :clap3:

Since the news came out, YG quickly spawn 4 version of digital signed copies at $4 each :coffee:

Fan-initiated sales and streaming parties, along with digitally signed D2C packages, are fueling an increase in our projection for YG/Interscope's BLACKPINK.

Direct quote from HDD

Edited by Sept

They've failed to evolve and have been stuck rehashing the D4 formula. Their major singles since have no semblance of melody, cohesion, or proper build up. Everything revolves around a predictable beat drop, rap verses, and unpleasant and awkward choruses.

I used to stan them quite a bit, and while I still do check out their new music, I'm not as big of a fan as I used to be. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.