BLACKPINK predicted to sell 80-85k with a #2 debut, what happened ?

Take Me Apart

For comparisons, here are some other groups first week stats from the year 2022 

Im not gonna lie i’m quite surprised, did the Blinks bit more than they can chew ?

Edited by Take Me Apart

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supertiffany

• fauxtography

• MardinBeksloy

• kawk

the music is bad the gp said no. plain simple. cant believe twice outsold with an EP :chick1:

looks like that angry guy on twitter struck the first match :gaycat:

Great album. Lots of talent

The gp decided to be tasteless and blinks did their best despite the lack of promotion from YG. BTS only sells more because they release bad music both the gp and their fans enjoy.

their albums are way to expensive...

no one is gonna spend $50 an album except die hard fans, I want one but that's too much. 

fans are even sharing how to price match at Target to get it cheaper. all 3 albums is $150 total, idk what YG was thinking. 

22 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

less than Twice??? oh.

Twice album was $20... that's $30 less than BP's. You can get all four versions of Talk That Talk and it would still be cheaper than getting all 3 versions of Born Pink.

$50 album for 8 songs on Target. Their ticket is like $1000 and both got release on the same week :gaycat6:

But it aint over yet until Thursday :johnald:

Wasn't The Album the same price as Born Pink though? They managed to sell 110k of that

Idk I guess most of their fans are non working teens that can only stream I guess. And those that do have financial freedom choose to prioritise their concert tickets. The atrocity that was Pink Venom and the album details might also caused a lot of people to not buy the album (including me lol).

But lbr the album is mid, it's so forgettable when compared to The Album. 

42 minutes ago, Butters said:

Aren't the albums like 50$:rip:

If I remember correctly, BTS' Map of the Soul: 7 was sold at a similar price and debuted with +400k :gaycat6:

Edited by gustavothehuman

YG happened:giraffe:

I was expecting bad physical sales in US and I was right. 50$ album is too expensive. I'm on Blackpink reddit and I saw many comments saying they were buying on Ktown4u (korean store) or their local kpop stores (import) because it was less expensive. YG released individual digipacks at 20-25$ later but they're not even available on physical stores in US :deadbanana:only on websites. I guess YG saw the predictions today because they finally put the digital album on Blackpink store:eli:

And YG being stupid had to put on sales the expensive Blackpink Tour tickets the same day than Born Pink release:dies: like obviously Blinks will buy the tickets rather than the album.

It's just show once again YG incompetence and how they only care about Blackpink for $$$. This time they really did a bad move with the 50$ album tho.

YG horrible management! You can get the same album to the US in less than 25$ from Ktown4u, why would u drive all the way to Target to snatch a 50$ copy? 

Making room for Red Velvet, Perfect Velvet - US Reissue :giraffe:

I don't know much about these girls so correct me if I'm wrong, but they've never had a hit in the U.S. so these numbers aren't that bad imo :rip: 

They only have 4 members smaller groups always sold less than bigger groups (TWICE has 9, BTS is a boy group and has 7). 

There are a lot of factors and the price definitely plays into it but it’s disappointing either way :rip: 

Honestly as long as they increase enough to clench the #1 it won’t matter because that would be a huge feat (I hope they get it), but given their popularity has definitely grown since 2020 globally and in the states, it’s just… not good. Even with the price it should’ve matched or narrowly surpassed their first album. The mixed reception definitely played a part. But their album sales will be (are?) in the millions globally and the US isn’t their main market so obv they won either way.