Tamino - 'Sahar'

James_Dean

So excited for this!! I'm seeing him Saturday in Chicago too. 

1 minute ago, sweetblindness said:

I'm seeing him next week in Seattle! I'm so excited :gaycat4:

too stripped and first half devours b-side in all aspects. 'fascination' is only upbeat and 'sunflower' princess herself angèle blows my wig away :jonny3:

adore his attempt on 'A Drop of Blood' too, genuinely decent. worth listens for intimate experience :clap3::celestial4: :gayorkcat4:  

1 minute ago, Polgg48 said:

too stripped and first half devours b-side in all aspects. 'fascination' is only upbeat and 'sunflower' princess herself angèle blows my wig away :jonny3:

adore his attempt on 'A Drop of Blood' too, genuinely decent. worth listens for intimate experience :clap3::celestial4: :gayorkcat4:  

Dang. I was hoping for more Fascinations on the album :'( i can't wait to hear for myself

I used proton vpn to put myself in Japan yesterday. A drop of blood is my favourite, I like the closing track also. I am disappointed, I expected so much more. His debut was stellar.

On 9/19/2022 at 3:03 PM, sweetblindness said:

Hey! How was his show? Did he have an opening act? Did you get a chance to meet him? :gaycat4:

On 9/26/2022 at 2:28 PM, James_Dean said:

Hey! How was his show? Did he have an opening act? Did you get a chance to meet him? :gaycat4:

The show was phenomenal, he played for an hour but all the songs sounded exactly like the studio versions. His opening act was local to Chicago and it's my understanding the opening act for each show is local to the city the show is in. I didn't get a chance to meet him but I didn't stay after the show hoping to anyways.

On the album -- it is a minor step down from Amir, but I still love it. I'm only slightly disappointed compared to some others I think.

7 hours ago, sweetblindness said:

The show was phenomenal, he played for an hour but all the songs sounded exactly like the studio versions. His opening act was local to Chicago and it's my understanding the opening act for each show is local to the city the show is in. I didn't get a chance to meet him but I didn't stay after the show hoping to anyways.

On the album -- it is a minor step down from Amir, but I still love it. I'm only slightly disappointed compared to some others I think.

That's so great! I'm glad you enjoyed the show.

I'll be seeing him tonight, so I look forward to experiencing the epicness as well :jonnycat: i''m gonna try to get him to sign my Amir vinyl afterwards

I have the same sentiments on the album... I quite enjoyed it despite it not having as many highs as Amir

Saw his show last night- he was AMAZING :jonny5: his live voice literally sounds like the cd. I am in love with him!!

I had to wait a bit over an hour to meet him outside the venue, but it was worth it since he signed my vinyl :gaycat4:

Qqz7iPB.jpg

3 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Saw his show last night- he was AMAZING :jonny5: his live voice literally sounds like the cd. I am in love with him!!

I had to wait a bit over an hour to meet him outside the venue, but it was worth it since he signed my vinyl :gaycat4:

Qqz7iPB.jpg

I am SO jealous

• 2 weeks later...

omg I was just listening to sun may shine and wondered what happened to him & I see this on his Spotify :jonny: I’ll listen to it once I get home :duca:

also is the title sahar or sa7ar? maybe you’re not an Arabic speaker I just wanted to know cause it could be two different Arabic words but the English spelling doesn’t differentiate :/

29 minutes ago, ameerah said:

omg I was just listening to sun may shine and wondered what happened to him & I see this on his Spotify :jonny: I’ll listen to it once I get home :duca:

also is the title sahar or sa7ar? maybe you’re not an Arabic speaker I just wanted to know cause it could be two different Arabic words but the English spelling doesn’t differentiate :/

Yay another listener :duca: come back and post your thoughts when you have a chance

It's spelled Sahar. That's how it's spelt on streaming platforms and in his news letter :chick1:

Just got done with it :biblio: it’s definitely not as instant as Amir nor as cinematic and grandiose but it’s a respectable effort, cute for the fall time. I also could never know what he’s talking about in his songs :deadbanana4: but I kinda like it this way, it adds another layer of mystique to his music so I’m not gonna Genius them. I do wish he’d have amped up the Arabic instruments/melodies/vocalization to the same level of the debut, it’d be a pleasant & unique shtick to have even if some people might find it one-note, no one is really doing it and the few artists of Middle Eastern origin who attempted it simply don’t have Tamino’s talent or cultural prowess to execute it as well as he does. Will revisit later to really digest it. Top 3: The First Disciple, A Drop of Blood, and Fascination :alexz3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.