Rihanna’s new album is going to be biggest comeback of the century after 25. Agree?

Bey Admired

She won’t top midnights or folklore or Red TV or evermore or Fearless TV or Lover or reputation :sorry: 

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bey Admired

• zzmyth

• Squall

• Badgalbriel

Not likely, the next album may flop if the reception is not good.

3 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

Let me just agree with this again so it gets carried over to the second page. 

3 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

Just to reinforce what @ImsoLOUD said, it will certainly eclipse Renaissance 

:deadbanana2:

B*yoncé stans are so obsessed with Taylor. It's getting weird...

I’ve been a Rihanna fan for 15 years now and she never opens big - her biggest opening ever was Unapologetic 10 years ago with 238K - it took her 7 years to get a #1 single. None of her singles have ever debuted at #1. I had to sit through years of first week drags of how she has a weak fanbase and she’s a singles artist  who is always one single away from being over, etc. My first week expectations are low. She always gains steam later on in her chart runs.  I don’t expect any different next time despite the longer wait.

I could see her breaking the US streaming record for women, but idk if she can touch some of the girls in physicals. Regardless it will definitely be the event of the year (whatever year it ends up being).

I agrih, huge debut simply because of the demand accumulated over these years on social media. Howerve whether it'll hold will depend on the music itself tbh.

5 hours ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

If she does months of Pre-orders and does the “four versions of the same vinyl” thing, I think she could cross 1M first week coupled with streams.

:ahh:

Who's gonna tell her?

I can see breaking streaming records breaking left and right. Sales will be impressive, but nothing on par with Adele or Taylor tho 

Adele stan is trying to reignite Navy vs Beyhive feud :bam:

Rihanna has never had a gigantic era to begin with

even if she repeak, it would still only look like a one of the boys sized era

40 minutes ago, Cloröx said:

Adele stan is trying to reignite Navy vs Beyhive feud :bam:

Grow up. 

1 hour ago, MusicTalker said:

I’ve been a Rihanna fan for 15 years now and she never opens big - her biggest opening ever was Unapologetic 10 years ago with 238K - it took her 7 years to get a #1 single. None of her singles have ever debuted at #1. I had to sit through years of first week drags of how she has a weak fanbase and she’s a singles artist  who is always one single away from being over, etc. My first week expectations are low. She always gains steam later on in her chart runs.  I don’t expect any different next time despite the longer wait.

This 

Although in saying that, Rih has always had a strong streaming presence & now with streaming being weighted as the primary factor for albums & singles, I am expecting (hopefully) her biggest debut week. 

People in here acting like she will pull Taylor debut numbers when she has never had huge debut weeks... :rip:  

4 minutes ago, Scott Borchetta said:

The setup...

Reminder that only 2/9 of her albums have gone #1.

I am basing it off hype. I have never seen so much hype for an album on Twitter ever. Nearly every other day there’s a viral tweet about Rihanna’s comeback. Her stature has somehow grown since not releasing music and she’s more respected than ever. No matter what she releases, people are going to eat it up. 

I can’t imagine she will debut with less than 600k. She’s going to smash streaming records. 

I don’t see how me complimenting Rihanna and saying she’s going to break records has been twisted into me shading her or trying to ignite feuds… like, you really can’t win. Even if Rihanna doesn’t do what I said she’s going to do, does it really matter at this point? She’s going down as a pop icon and one of the best selling artists of all time. 

I’m just having a bit of fun with predicting because I’m excited for her album too. 

spacer.png

Scott Borchetta
3 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

I am basing it off hype. I have never seen so much hype for an album on Twitter ever. Nearly every other day there’s a viral tweet about Rihanna’s comeback. Her stature has somehow grown since not releasing music and she’s more respected than ever. No matter what she releases, people are going to eat it up. 

spacer.png

Not twitter hype... lmao.

I guess Normani's album is also coming for 600k.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.