Predict Avatar 2's box office gross

Da Vinci

Will Sigourney Weaver's Avatar: The Way of Water gross more than Zendaya's Spider-Man: No Way Home?

Will it gross less than Tom Cruise's Top: Gun Maverick?

Or will it flop? (in your Wildest Dreams.mp3)

Fun fact: 72 year old Sigourney Weaver plays a teenage blue alien in the film!

xmZCaQX.gif

(Btw I made a prediction thread before but it got wiped out to help with 503s)

1,4B

40 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

Fun fact: 72 year old Sigourney Weaver plays a teenage blue alien in the film!

It will make two billion just from this fact alone 

As long as it is releasing in China I don't see it grossing below 1b, the first one was an absolute monster there.

I kind of want to see it bomb for the kiis and because I can't stand James Cameron, on the other hand I want it to smash to see the meltdowns of the people who are always talking about how no one remembers it and constantly shitting on it lmao

12 minutes ago, mystery said:

As long as it is releasing in China I don't see it grossing below 1b, the first one was an absolute monster there.

I would be really shocked if China allows it to make a significant amount of money

I’m a HUGE fan of the first but still so mad this came out 13 years later. I’ll still watch it premiere night though.

Expecting around 800M WW as a worst case scenario though as long as it’s released in China

3 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I’m a HUGE fan of the first but still so mad this came out 13 years later. I’ll still watch it premiere night though.

Expecting around 800M WW as a worst case scenario though as long as it’s released in China

Are you watching the new rerelease this month?

$1.7-2B is the floor. I can't with these sub billion predictions lmao.

Will be key to look at exchange rates for sure when the time comes. But the first one made way too much money in way too many countries (both large and small) for the sequel to not pass a billion. 

I feel like China won't allow it to play in there, since there's a chance it could compete with local releases in terms of box office numbers and as Hollywood movie it's not something the government would willingly encourage.

So I'm thinking 1-1.2 billion dollars.

The only thing that does seem to be a roadblock is the fact that it will now be distributed by Disney and China has not touched a Disney film since 2019. So that might become an issue. 

1.2-1.7 billion, and that's with the assumption that it doesn't play in China. I'm curious how it'll end up doing, though. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.