Monsters: The Lyle and Erik Menendez Story | Cooper Koch & Nicholas Alexander Chavez

genetic fail

Cooper Koch immediately deserves an Emmy for episode 5. One take. I was spellbound. I could not look away for a second, heightened by the fact that everything he was saying was genuinely really f**king disturbing to even listen to. I completely forgot he was acting. He is really remarkable as an actor and I hope this propels his career.

The overall show is... a lot. Though, I'm enjoying it ( just finished episode 6). I think what's throwing me off is that you have your standard Ryan Murphy-isms, the innuendos and lusty male ass shots and silly dialogue from campy side characters, so you kind of inhabit the mind space of an unserious AHS season. But the gist of the case in question is really nuanced and meaty, making the less serious parts of the show feel uneven.

• Like 8

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• X~MoviePoP

• James_Dean

• genetic fail

• shark_heather

5 hours ago, Chemist said:

1st episode watched. Why is it filmed in such a strange way like if it was a comedy. 

Typical Ryan Murphy production. At this point, I guess I ignore it. :toofunny3:

I wanna know what the full week ratings are.

Tiktok and everyone is talking about this show so im curious if its close to dahmers

Just finished episode 9.  Hmmm well it was pretty good I'm thinking of watching Dahmer

I finished last night. I liked it, but it's definitely a lot weaker than Dahmer. The directing especially this time around was not as strong. Cooper Koch and Ari Graynor were incredible and worthy of awards. Episode 5 was a huge standout just like Episode 6 from Dahmer. 

• Like 1

I'm currently watching, I can understand the brothers being close and having each other's back through all of the trauma.  But Ryan took it way too far, there was no need for their relationship to be incestuous.  Both leads are compelling and acting their asses off yet are directed to act more like lovers — it's distracting, tbh.  

• Like 2

I'm halfway through this and enjoying it. Cooper Koch is a standout. :clap3:

this man + nicholas are so foine 

The fact that you spend 7 episodes feeling sorry for the brothers and believing every word comes from their mouth and then comes episode 8 and your whole point of thinking changes 

What a brilliant show , idk what the critics or closed minded ppl say .. i LOVE it 

Watching tonight the final but for sure i will rewatch 

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2024 at 6:30 AM, PopMusicJunkie said:

I'm currently watching, I can understand the brothers being close and having each other's back through all of the trauma.  But Ryan took it way too far, there was no need for their relationship to be incestuous.  Both leads are compelling and acting their asses off yet are directed to act more like lovers — it's distracting, tbh.  

Well its hot for starters

6 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

Well its hot for starters

Sexual abuse is not hot

On 9/22/2024 at 4:19 AM, X~MoviePoP said:

EPISODE 3.....MY GOD...THE AMOUNT OF D**K

...was it prosthetics on him with the cute black guy or...

Of course it's prosthetics. 

Luckily for me, I only find Eric actor hot. If Lyle was the only main character I would've stopped watching after ep. 1. The actor actually seems really personable in every pic I've seen but the writing for him so one note (only seen the 1st 3 episodes).  

47 minutes ago, Kern said:

Sexual abuse is not hot

The sexual tension between the 2 actors is hot .. chill gurl its a tv series not a documentary 

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.