Monsters: The Lyle and Erik Menendez Story | Cooper Koch & Nicholas Alexander Chavez

genetic fail

1 hour ago, chris1991 said:

I don’t think I can finish this….this thing was pure evil. He was clearly a racist, homophobic(gay), entitled privileged white demon… :jonny: 

listen here?you ? sick ? twisted ? white ?? DEMON ?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Gossip_Boy

• James_Dean

• fridayteenage

On 9/30/2022 at 3:14 AM, BigBangStan said:

I'm scared to watch it. It's too graphic? :dancehall:

On 9/30/2022 at 8:30 PM, samybertoni said:

I'm convinced people dragging the show haven't watched it because :rip: it's about injustice, racism, the police being USELESS, how it could've been avoided had the justice done its job etc....

sure they could've warned the victims, that I agree with, but the rest is just people trying to have hit tweets and it's tragic really

This. The show doesnt excuse his action or give him a sympathy back story at all. Of course there will be some scenes about his childhood but none of it justify his actions. My blood was boiled and feel devastating for the victims every episodes. So i dont get where the romanticising a serial killer criticism come from. 

They dont use gore and nude/sex scene that much to tell the story. 

I understand why families doesnt want to relive their horrible tragedy again but the actual show is not disrespecting any of the victims.

Edited by chiliam

14 hours ago, FOCK said:

Niecy Nash was incredible in this. If there are awards, she should win them. :clap3:

:jonny::jonny::jonny:

Agreed! Talentry. She captured Glenda's frustration and sadness in every single scene so perfectly and her telling Evan she wasn't bout to eat that sandwich had me screaming both because she's naturally funny but also because I was so afraid for her & what he might do!! That's acting whew

Is this worth the watch?

I don't want to read the spoilers in the thread so if anyone could just quote with a yes/no

1 hour ago, The Slayer said:

Is this worth the watch?

I don't want to read the spoilers in the thread so if anyone could just quote with a yes/no

the first two episodes are intense, the rest is a snooze. had to skip through episodes cause they were dragging

FASHION-ICON-NINGNING.gif

On 10/1/2022 at 10:21 PM, FOCK said:

Niecy Nash was incredible in this. If there are awards, she should win them. :clap3:

I find it interesting that there is a media attempt to soil one of his final escaped victim’s character recently, I guess due to the curiosity of his whereabouts. It’s quite sad, but he ended up homeless, with a string of run ins with the law & no one knows where he is or if he’s still alive today. 

The one from the first episode? 

This show will sweep in the upcoming award season.. starting with the Golden Globe for best limited series and Evan Peters winning for lead actor on limited series.

The first episode was phenomenal. Some of the best television I’ve ever seen. Was on the edge of my seat the whole time 

43 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

The one from the first episode? 

I forgot the order, but I think so. He was the one responsible for him being caught, Tracy Edwards. 

Article

Its an absolute tragedy, I don’t think there’s any record of mental or trauma recovery assistance that was provided for his victims. It’s the least the city could’ve done. 

Edited by FOCK

That was intense and hard to watch, I had to take a long break after every episode. Also, left me thinking about my lonely times and the dangers of grindr and meeting people. 

I just have one complaint, Idk how but they made the character likeable :rip: maybe it's Evan Peters but at the end of the series my whole family was blaming everybody but Dahmer himself, thinking he was a victim of the circumstances. :rip:

Has Evan done any interviews for this show? I haven't seen it yet but i'm looking forward to his thoughts on portraying this monster come award season. I hope he won't go the "i wanted to show a different side of him..." route, can't see that going well for him...

Edited by Maddox

11 hours ago, The Slayer said:

Is this worth the watch?

worth it. some parts might drag but you can watch with x1.5. Its a well made show.

Finished episode 2. Watching this is disturbing, makes me wanna vomit. Crazy story.

12 hours ago, The Slayer said:

Is this worth the watch?

It’s good and well made. Some parts are hard to watch tho, so be prepared for that.

On 9/29/2022 at 1:32 PM, Breathe On Moi said:

The impromptu of showing John Wayne Gacy attacking a victim made me feel like Ryan was alluding to his next project tbh (idk if it’s been talked about already.) 

That’s what I was thinking. I’d really love this to become an anthology series and there are so many fascinating cases like this to explore. My top picks would be Gacy and The Golden State Killer which case has yet to have been truly explored in this way and is so much deeper than most other serial killers. 

On 10/2/2022 at 9:07 PM, The Slayer said:

Is this worth the watch?

Yeah it is. It can be very heavy though so watch the first episode and see if you wanna binge from there. 

With the huge success of this I can definitely see them tackling more serial killers in the future. The John Wayne Gacy bit was a bit strange. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a hint for another series (or Ed Gein since he was mentioned as well).

this was amazing, i didn't know ryan murphy still had it in him to make a dark disturbing show this good:jonny5: and i don't get where the criticism for this comes from cuz it was pretty respectful to the victims and their families and addressed the social issues much better than any other recent media i've seen

also richard jenkin's performance :clap3: he never misses

I feel like they will make this an anthology series with Monster: (insert real serial killer name). John Wayne Gacy is next :jonny:

Not Netflix and Ryan Murphy building a serial killer cinematic universe based on the easter eggs and cameos :rip: disgusting human beings :rip:

Anyway, I hoped they focused solely on the victims and consult the families like many documentaries out of respect not humanizing and empathizing with the serial killer  

On 10/2/2022 at 1:37 AM, X~MoviePoP said:

ryan should do a  Luka Magnotta series

Not you wanting what Luka Magnotta wanted :rip:

4 hours ago, VOSS said:

This is on path of being #3 of all time after the squid game and stranger things.... wow

After watching some actual real videos, clips, court trials etc from the actual case, my only irk is that he was WAY more evil than the Netflix series made him out to be (or feel) 

Not saying they didn't paint him as evil, but I feel like they tried to make him slightly relatable and got the viewers to sympathise with him with certain things. 

Edited by Homebrand

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.